[Game Update] - 317078

I'm hoping that by breaking a bramble bloom you can get rid of some of those annoying bramble spawn areas that make it so hard to build a base outside the pig city. You should at least be able to override them by putting down some artificial turf.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I'm hoping that by breaking a bramble bloom you can get rid of some of those annoying bramble spawn areas that make it so hard to build a base outside the pig city. You should at least be able to override them by putting down some artificial turf.

I'm pretty sure almost all of the crafted turfs stop bramble growth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

We've put in several checks to fix the problem, but there have still been ways for it to happen. So in this update, we made the border of the world one way. So you SHOULD be able to just walk back on the land with the new update.

Normally I'd call that a big buff, but now that means other entities like Hounds can come back onto the land, when they spawn on the water (during and after SW development.) I have noticed that while the old methods thankfully do work, but have more trial and error needed to work. I couldn't even reliably clip with c_speed(25), and c_speed(30) was only semi-consistent. I think it's a good alternative to /rescue in DST, but it is a little silly being able to see the classic Moleworms and Pigmen (spawned through 0,0,0 or world generation) to just walk/dig back to land.

The actual teleport is surprisingly fluid, and is only noticeable if you move slowly, and are specifically looking for it. It doesn't even remove godmode status from you, which surprised me.

Really solid work! Only thing I'm a little disappointed in is not being able to drown myself this way.

Wes cant drown.mp4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Tinker Shop added to newly generated words (and available through the Key To The City in previously existing worlds)

There will be a crash when I give a rope to the worker who is in the Tinker Shop.

20190319110730_1.jpg

• Sad 1

The bramble chest is amazing! How is there not more hype about this? Have one at base, prebuild another before a gathering/looting spree. Place it when your inventory is full. Soon you will have a world with teleporting inventory at all your adventure locations. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure how new this is because until recently I was only playing on a 300-day run which didn't have it:

Spoiler

5c90f3e02d49d_ScreenShot2019-03-19at9_07_31AM.thumb.png.f2e44dd1a5c5e355b6f7535d57455950.png

Four of them in the room with the blue truffle, and once you chisel the truffle, they start shooting darts and rotating

2 hours ago, cptCalavera said:

The bramble chest is amazing! How is there not more hype about this? Have one at base, prebuild another before a gathering/looting spree. Place it when your inventory is full. Soon you will have a world with teleporting inventory at all your adventure locations. 

So it's not just a big chest? How does it work?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

So it's not just a big chest? How does it work?

It's like a limbo chest connected to all the others. You can access the items inside them from any other Root Trunk. Put an item inside of one, open another, and there is your item. And yes, they are amazing! :D

Edited by Mueck
Added the appropriate hype
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mueck said:

It's like a limbo chest connected to all the others. You can access the items inside them from any other Root Trunk. Put an item inside of one, open another, and there is your item. And yes, they are amazing! :D

That is fantastic, although there go my dreams of filling my base with them! Presumably no matter how many chests there are, the sum of all their contents can never be more than 12?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Tinker Shop added to newly generated words (and available through the Key To The City in previously existing worlds)

When  i draw this house two months ago, and Klei released this:wilson_dorky:

(it's just a coincidence, I guess)

IMG_20181231_140540.jpg

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Another minor change in some recent update is that tuber trees no longer turn into bulbs bare of nubbins when fully hacked. Instead, they sort of deflate, flop over and become stumps.

Pretty sure that is only if you continue to chop.  three chops = one tuber, so if you chop a big one 12 times you get 4 tubers and a stump.  What I don't know for certain is if you leave the trunk like before, will it grow more tubers?