Meteor showers and regolith

I'm low on sand in my current base and I'm thinking about manually taking some tons of regolith from the top to cool down . Although, I have no plans for launching a rocket for the next couple hundreds of cycles.

The question is: Meteor showers will stack regolith where I explored indefinitely or there is any sort of stack cap?

I'm worried about opening Pandora's Box of infinite streams of refolith before I have set everything up to get rid of it. My computer isn't the best and I'm trying to keep my current FPS as much as I can.

I'm aware of those alternatives. I didn't want to dig the other half of the map to keep it unloaded.

I still have 50t of sand at hand and 1 of those deposits on sight.

I assumed from your answer that not opening Pandora's Box is the way to go. I'll work around that. :D 

3 hours ago, Junksteel said:

Meteor showers will stack regolith where I explored indefinitely or there is any sort of stack cap?

Regolith will stack up to about 8 layers based on what the devs said last time they changed it. But if you build a bunker door that opens after the shower the regolith below can stack infinetly up until it reaches the door.

Just now, Sasza22 said:

Regolith will stack up to about 8 layers based on what the devs said last time they changed it. But if you build a bunker door that opens after the shower the regolith below can stack infinetly up until it reaches the door.

Nice. Do you know if these layers can be destroyed by meteor showers dropping debris indefinitely? My guess is that even if the pile is caped by 8, the upper tiles will be destoyed by meteor showers and the amount of regolith on the map will keep increasing as debris.

6 hours ago, nakomaru said:

I believe the matter continues to accumulate as the meteors rain. Voles continue to delete it if you hate matter.

From my observations, you need around 8...10 domesticated Voles to keep Regolith constant. Having 10000t of the stuff around is not uncommon.

Archived