Leaked poster news!

15 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

I think its weird that they are positing "automations" as something otherworldly. I thought that was gonna be aliens! Is there something to the thread that is connecting Wicker to WX and the automations poster?? What does she know?

Automations were pretty much aliens in the eyes of the peeps in the 1920s.

1 hour ago, axxel said:

It's not that hard to see that William and Maxwell are indeed the same person. At leat his brother should recognize him from the the great Maxwell poster if he would look at it. Also, isn't it natural to look through the belongings of a dead relative? Maybe Klei will give us an insight how the relatives of William (Jack) investigate his disappeareance? 

I don't think that we see personal effects from other characters with the exception of Charlie's letter to Winona and the Voxola job application which pretty much means she is the one conducting the investigation. All snippets are public knowledge from newspapers, fliers, posters, etc.

4 hours ago, Maslak said:

PkN4QlL.png
Saddest picture ever :c

?? Wicker is smiling in that pic... u crazy :p

Just to compile the full letter in one post:

Dear Winona,

How are you? Congratulations on the new job! I knew you would find something soon. Have you settled in alright? Are you taking care of yourself?

I'm still here in San Fran and things are going well. My magic act partner has taught me so much about showmanship in such a short time. I think you two would really get along! You're both very stubborn. Haha!

Anyway, please write back soon. I want to hear all the latest news from Ohio. Don't leave anything out!

XOXO, Charlie

41 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

?? Wicker is smiling in that pic... u crazy :p

Warmhearted, smilling old lady... MISSING. If you remove the "missing" part, it's a nice photo. If you add it back however, it's the saddest photo ever.

5 minutes ago, SpikeGuy said:

Anyway, if Charlie's letter refers to Winona's Voxola job, then we have a timeline snarl of sorts. Charlie got sucked in back in 1906, and the Voxola factory only operated for a few days in 1919.

the time in the constant works differently

24 minutes ago, SpikeGuy said:

Anyway, if Charlie's letter refers to Winona's Voxola job, then we have a timeline snarl of sorts. Charlie got sucked in back in 1906, and the Voxola factory only operated for a few days in 1919.

Maybe it was her mining job.

2 hours ago, axxel said:

It's not that hard to see that William and Maxwell are indeed the same person. At leat his brother should recognize him from the the great Maxwell poster if he would look at it. Also, isn't it natural to look through the belongings of a dead relative? Maybe Klei will give us an insight how the relatives of William (Jack) investigate his disappeareance? 

Jack didn't investigate the disappearance, Maxwell wrote him a letter saying that he was still alive. I think that Jack knew about William becoming Maxwell, but nobody else did. I think he changed his name and faked his death to escape the debt he owed "Mr Witherstone"

20 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

I think that Jack knew about William becoming Maxwell,

I'm hoping Jack or Witherstone is Innkeeper. Someone must be the guy, it's just weird to see a pasty grey guy out of nowhere that trades skins based on Charlie's gifts.

I doubt that Klei has been thinking that far ahead- That poster is from what, 7-6 years ago? I think they just used the term Gatekeeper because Bishops are often seen guarding the Wooden Thing. Of course, I could be wrong and Klei had all the story figured out at day 1, i don't know.

42 minutes ago, PriscaMitica said:

I doubt that Klei has been thinking that far ahead- That poster is from what, 7-6 years ago? I think they just used the term Gatekeeper because Bishops are often seen guarding the Wooden Thing. Of course, I could be wrong and Klei had all the story figured out at day 1, i don't know.

You don't necessarily need to think far ahead. It's possible the devs themselves recalled this and began to shape the relevant story around it. Happens a lot with storytelling.

1 minute ago, jantonio said:

Here is my theory:

Hide contents

Legends say that Maymaymay is not furious about this trollpost.

Just now, 4 Da LOLs said:

where was it said she was a miner?

the quotes implied that she worked as a miner ( idk if they were removed )

In general she has an avoidance of mining; combine it with some of the removed quotes and it seems likely that she was a miner in the past, and dislikes it as a result.
It was probably extremely hazardous.

Pick: “Not my preferred kind of manual labor.”
Pick/Axe: “That's really not my forte.”

It's interesting what quotes they did remove regarding the mining.

Some current in-game quotes are:

• Miner Hat- "I put that behind me."
  • Guano Turf- "That's a chunk of mineshaft."
  • Canary (held)- "I should take it with me if I go spelunking."
  • Canary (poisoned)- "Everybody out of the mineshaft!!"

And the removed:

• Pickaxe- "I don't do that anymore."
  • Guano Turf- "That's a chunk of coal mine."
  • Canary (held)- "You wanna come mine some coal with me?"
  • Canary (volatile)- "Everybody out of the mine!!"

I wonder why they started moving away from specifying coal mines.

I also love that she likes Moleworms because they are like little miners.

• Raised Dirt (underground Moleworm)- "Dutiful little miner."
  • Moleworm (aboveground)- "Taking a break from the mines?"
  • Moleworm (held)- "I love it."

1 hour ago, ModsterMash said:

I wonder why they started moving away from specifying coal mines.

because during the first industrial revolution children had to go work in coal mines for more than 10 hours a day for like less than 5 dolars or even anything 

20 hours ago, PriscaMitica said:

It's not unheard of for games to plan the story years in advance.

On 15.03.2019 at 8:26 PM, Mooagain said:

Jack didn't investigate the disappearance, Maxwell wrote him a letter saying that he was still alive. I think that Jack knew about William becoming Maxwell, but nobody else did. I think he changed his name and faked his death to escape the debt he owed "Mr Witherstone"

Yes, Maxwell did write a postcard, but we can't say for sure if he ever sent it (judging how Jack's name and address are all crossed out, I'm guessing, he didn't). And William didn't change his name, we can see him leaving an ad in a newspaper under his real name.

Archived