DFLY "wander mode"

It might be the bundling wrap mod making dragonfly have the og mechanics, are you sure you updated game ivo? The mod tends to prevent players from having good game, and I'm not sure if you have it since you use those other mods like status, try check your bundling wrap to make sure

yes yes youre right guys. i dunno what did make her fly around yesterday. ive 3.000 hours in dst so im not a noob. she was flying around. she WASNT aggroed. now i checked again and she is standing at the middle lava pool like she always did. 

sorry for the confusion

13 minutes ago, JJburner said:

It might be the bundling wrap mod making dragonfly have the og mechanics, are you sure you updated game ivo? The mod tends to prevent players from having good game, and I'm not sure if you have it since you use those other mods like status, try check your bundling wrap to make sure

i am not using game mods, i just hopped into a server and teleported to magma.

classic behaviour.

13 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

yes yes youre right guys. i dunno what did make her fly around yesterday. ive 3.000 hours in dst so im not a noob. she was flying around. she WASNT aggroed. now i checked again and she is standing at the middle lava pool like she always did. 

sorry for the confusion

she was following you.

that is having aggro.

57 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

i am not using game mods, i just hopped into a server and teleported to magma.

classic behaviour.

she was following you.

that is having aggro.

no she wasnt. ive arial view mod. i was standing far away. and she wasnt flying to me. she was flying from one lava pool to another. she was just in "wander mode"

thank you all for your replies

I've seen the Dragonfly moving around without being aggroed, you're not going crazy.

I play on PS4 so I have no mod. She does that sometimes, at least she used to. Haven't seen her wander in a while.

To be fair, I'm not around there often. It isn't the safest vacation spot in the constant..

Update changes:

• Dragonfly now will prioritize walls
  • Dragonfly no longer stops being enraged when slept or frozen. She will also enrage randomly and often
  • Dragonfly will now take care of lavae until they become full sized dragonflies.
  • Horde of dragonflies now have better AI, when wounded will go back to restore health at lava pools.
  • Horde of dragonflies sometimes wander off the desert actively seeking for bases to destroy.
  • Sometimes a smart dragonfly is born, and will learn to build catapults that attacks the player.
  • Smart dragonfly may also randomly raid the ruins, mine all the gems and thulecite, then log off.

As someone who skirts the lava pools a lot and manages Dfly's AI to not aggro on me but take out other Giants sometimes...
Dfly has wandered around its den for a really, really long time. This is combined with intermittent periods of standing still.

Nothing noticable changed here.

1 hour ago, lifetheuniverse said:

As someone who skirts the lava pools a lot and manages Dfly's AI to not aggro on me but take out other Giants sometimes...
Dfly has wandered around its den for a really, really long time. This is combined with intermittent periods of standing still.

Nothing noticable changed here.

i believe she primarily stays still forever and the wandering is the odd rare case that relies on specific conditions to be met.

It's an idle behavior that happens all the time, most mobs have some type. Watch Spiders, for instance.
Used to time it every winter so I could run past while it wandered close enough to aggro on Deerclopse, but not on me.
Whether you've seen it or not depends on how much you enter its den.

On 14. 3. 2019 at 10:54 PM, BeliarBAD said:

no she wasnt. ive arial view mod. i was standing far away. and she wasnt flying to me. she was flying from one lava pool to another. she was just in "wander mode"

thank you all for your replies

oh.

I think that if there are no actual players there when the dfly is loaded then It will idle and go all spinny at the area

Archived