Proof of Purchase Skins

As of right now, there is no possibility to obtain old, present, or future proof of purchase skin items since console players are no longer able to redeem item codes. 

Question 1: Why were the Funko pops skins designed, in the first place, to be available only to PC players?

This week, the console players achieved equality to PC by being able to purchase skins sets through the console. Yet, at the same time we lost equality to PC by not being able to get skin items from proof of purchases to old, present, and future items.

Question #2: If there is no possiblity to obtain the proof of purchases skins through the console, can the console players be allowed to obtain them through a third party site (like bungie.net for Destiny) or be able to have the opportunity to buy the item(s) and/or just the skin(s) through the console store?

Are you serious? At least Bungie does not sell people physical items and then remove the redemption so players cannot get their digital items.

Edited to add: You may not like Destiny or Bungie, but they are doing code redemption just fine on the ps4. Same for Borderlands. So I have a really hard time understanding why Klei is saying Sony won't allow them to do code redemption when other games seem to have no problem with it.

5 hours ago, misswoggie said:

Edited to add: You may not like Destiny or Bungie, but they are doing code redemption just fine on the ps4. 

They make sure to keep that money rolling in! At least Klei doesn't render all my loot worthless or change the game so much that it loses all of it's appeal. 

Day one, top 1%, double trials carrying, D1 player here if you want to make this a Destiny thread. 

Okay...? I started my clan the day before the Beta went live and we are still going to this day, but is that the point here? You sound plenty bitter toward Bungie and I think that is getting in the way of you understanding what I am trying to say. The point I am trying to make is that they have code redemption that works and has been going on for years. Same with Borderlands. Same with plenty of other games. (And, might I add, that many of the original codes for redemption on were free on Destiny 1 and Borderlands 2.)

I don't mind shelling out money for plushes, tees, or whatever else to support games I play, that is what keeps servers up. But if there is a download code and it PC only, I won't be buying it. I play on PC as well but none of my friends play there so I play here and I want to continue to get unique skins.

The thing is don’t starve together basically got ported from pc to PS4. The Ingame code redemption was always illegal for games , but since it was a port and no one from Sony noticed it, it wasn’t a problem. With the new update with the store I assume someone realized that this feature was there even tho it shouldn’t be in the game at all. So they had to remove it. Code redemption is only allowed in the ps store and klei 100% won’t be really experienced with how this system 100% will work with codes and is completely new with this. The chances of them moving them there are there but unlikely I’d say, at least for now. If you have a code , i would hold onto it for now and stay faithful, but keep in mind they made no promises nor did they say they will be adding it in any way again.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:30 PM, misswoggie said:

Okay...? I started my clan the day before the Beta went live and we are still going to this day, but is that the point here?

To establish credibility that I played the game enough to know what I'm talking about.

The point I am trying to make is that they have code redemption that works and has been going on for years. Same with Borderlands. Same with plenty of other games. (And, might I add, that many of the original codes for redemption on were free on Destiny 1 and Borderlands 2.)

While those code redemption systems did work, I don't think there was ever a physical object you could buy that also granted a redemption code for an in-game item. The Redbull codes did give us in-game items that could granted xp boosts but that wasn't anything even really "tangible" in-game either. I don't think Destiny 1 had a code redemption scenario that is comparable to the current situation with Funko Pop figures. Not to mention the people who spent money on Eververse items before Bungie announced that they would not carry over to Destiny 2. 

I haven't played Destiny 2 since after the first raid, but from what I was seeing and read afterwards, there is a [complete Pay-2-Win system now. Players can spend money on loot boxes to get gear dropped at higher Light Levels and participate in Light Level enabled PvP events like Iron Banner and I'm sure whatever the new Trials of Osiris equivalent is. That's inarguably Pay-2-Win.] (This is mostly incorrect, the loot boxes available for purchase do not give higher light level gear drops. Only armor/weapon mods that add a trivial amount to one's light level) Arguable too for the PvE side, but who are you "winning" against then if you're depriving yourself of the respectful grind. 

ALSO Destiny 1&2 forced players to purchase the new $15-$40 DLC or be locked out of content that was provided in the base game. Just because Bungie has a code redemption system that work (though isn't even the same scenario here) they'e also not the company to look to for respecting their players' wallets and giving everyone equal access to all of the content. 

I don't mind shelling out money for plushes, tees, or whatever else to support games I play, that is what keeps servers up. But if there is a download code and it PC only, I won't be buying it. I play on PC as well but none of my friends play there so I play here and I want to continue to get unique skins.

Neither do I, and I probably won't be buying any Don't Starve merch unless it comes with a skin I really want that I can actually redeem. I want to support good content creators but I'm not going to buy something I don't want. I only bought the Wilson Funko Pop for that sweet sweet lantern skin and would be pissed too if I couldn't get it now. Your concerns and outrage are 100% valid. Destiny is a bad example is all I'm saying. 

Edit: lol Of course you're confused Marco! That post is half jargon to a non Destiny player. 

You sound plenty bitter toward Bungie...

You're not entirely wrong on this point

The point of second question in my original post is that it would be nice to have a way to redeem item codes through a third party or another way.  It doesn’t really matter if Destiny was a good or bad example.  Destiny was was never meant to be the main topic of this post!

If there are skins available to PC players it would be nice for them to be available to console players at the same time.  

I was hoping to find an answer from the developers if there a possible way to obtain the proof of purchase skins in the future, on console.  Or if they are going to keep all proof of purchase skins strictly PC from now on.  The answer may save us all money.

I read in another post, there is discussion of linking PC and console accounts together in the future and using the item codes at this time.  Yet, the idea may not work if a console player does not have a PC account.

Please do not discuss anymore about Destiny in this post.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Rachel949 said:

I was hoping to find an answer from the developers if there a possible way to obtain the proof of purchase skins in the future, on console.  Or if they are going to keep all proof of purchase skins strictly PC from now on.  The answer may save us all money.

I read in another post, there is discussion of linking PC and console accounts together in the future and using the item codes at this time.  Yet, the idea may not work if a console player does not have a PC account.

Please do not discuss anymore about Destiny in this post.  Thank you!

So about Destiny...I have always...Just kidding(I couldn't help myself)

It would save me money because i wouldn't buy the funco dolls if i can't use the skin, i sincerely don't care for those dolls. Now the Chester plush i still want to buy regardless if i get a skin or not, i love that thing.

The possible link of PC & Console is great and all but i do not own a PC so it wouldn't help me in the slightest.

I just got the Wilson pop yesterday and I freaked out that the redeem button was gone so I was going to klei forums to say something about it but I saw all of this and I’m just kinda sad now welp I still got Webber and willows code in the game already so I guess I now have a skin no one else can get...

Thank you, @PeterA, I saw while ago what @JoeWposted.  Unfortunately, the reply doesn’t answer my questions.

The point of my post was to learn why Klei is permitting PC to have skins that PS4 can not have and possibly generate a resolution in making proof of purchase skins available for PS4.

Or is Klei content with having the console players not have the same items available?  Meaning not just proof of purchase skins, but the rewards from solving the metheus puzzles, as well.

Archived