[Game Update] - 315751

Some possible drawbacks to Winona ( if it's possible she'll still be tweaked during the month of March)

Being too close to 100% campfire or pit or wildfire quickly drains sanity (as she remembers the horrible flashbacks)

She refuses to sleep in the summer sheds as it's still daylight out and it could be seen as lazy

Winonas structures have a chance to malfunction/ stop working after some period of use ( much like disease in plants) requiring Winona to apply tape to make functional again

21 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

bu-bubuut WES?

Uhm...

23 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

They'll just balance all characters by making all of them OP, in a way. 

21 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

They'll probably just give him more partying stuff tho.

This is one out of many possible "ways".

• Like 1

21 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

bu-bubuut WES?

21 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

They'll probably just give him more partying stuff tho.

7 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

This is one out of many possible "ways".

image.thumb.png.373a2abe0f5acb0887d5287ee5df18d0.png

For me, this is the most fair form of balancing. Wes is OP. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

On 13/03/2019 at 10:28 PM, Toros said:

I don't normally waste my time doing a full breakdown, so please appreciate that I'm stooping for you.

1) I play wolfgang all the time.  It is incredibly easy to keep his hunger out of wimpy territory, and having a 50 hunger threshold for Winona would also be a completely trivial downside. 

2) The caves are full of food, particularly blue mushrooms, lichen, and monster meat.  Everywhere is full of food in DST.

3) The number of perks is irrelevant, what's important is the total magnitude of them.(if you care about balance) relative to other characters.  Wilson has no downside yet is not OP because his beard is a lot weaker perk than most people give it credit.  Willow has several perks and they don't remotely make up for her downsides, relative to other characters.

And I do, thank you, that makes quite a bit more sense and gives me and insight to understand what you meant.

I can see this perk not being much of a problem, though I guess the game isn't made with good hunger issues in mind unless you have absolutely no idea what you are doing. I have had some issues myself when running out of food while in ruins or caves actually, even as WX, so either I'm really bad at managing my hunger or there's a bit more to this (I've had plenty of cases where people run up to the fridge while I'm cooking and say "I'm starving" in the chat, and these are pro players that I've played with on the regular).

With a x1.5 hunger drain, Winona's hunger meter would essentially be as if it is at 100, with foods giving only 0.67 or so of the value for hunger than normal, mathematically speaking. This is almost on par with Wes, who would be 90.4 with his hunger drop rate vs his actual hunger points. You could have Winona's stomach be a measly 100 too, which would put her much more on the edge of starvation and her dowside taking effect. My idea here was to give a balanced downside that is between what was her downside before and what her downside is now. Do you still think, even with x1.5 hunger rate, the challenges of having lower hunger, and may be even having 100 hunger total make it always so easy to manage her downside vs the upsides that she gets? How would you balance it out with the perks I presented before?

• Like 1

Think the only times I haven't had a hunger issue at some point during a Ruins Outpost playthrough is with Wendy. It's just so tempting to overstay in there and keep clearing, and I usually go straight down around day 11 (after getting all the base/Winter supplies), so no Bee Queen ie bundling wrap.
...now that I think about it, that run could change with Winona...
For those unfamiliar, Wendy = infinite bananas.

Edited by lifetheuniverse

On 12/03/2019 at 6:57 PM, V2C said:

Changes

• Winona’s speed crafting ability will now only cost hunger if she hasn’t crafted anything within the last minute.  (Everytime she crafts, the timer is extended back to a minute.)
  • Reduced Winona’s crafting speed penalty when she is hungry.
  • Winona’s Catapult no longer damages Maxwell’s Shadow Minions.
  • Winona’s Spotlights will now prioritize having different targets from each other.
  • Increased maximum range of Winona’s Spotlight.
  • Koelefant burning to death will now drop Koalefant Trunk Steak instead of Ash.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed audio bug where Catapult sounds sometimes continued after they became burnt.
  • Fixed bug with Night Light not consuming fuel properly.
  • Fixed bug where Clay Hounds did not spawn from hunts when Year of the Varg event is enabled.
  • Fixed layering bug where Winona’s Voxola Work Uniform was failing to hide skirts.

@PeterA @CharlesB 

when will we receive these updates on the console? I think along with the update of the new character, right? :wilson_lightbulb:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

You should already have all these fixes. The next update will include them as well.

Winona continues to lose constant hunger in each building, the limit of 1 minute is not yet applied ... we should wait for the next update

• Like 1

• Developer
28 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

Winona continues to lose constant hunger in each building, the limit of 1 minute is not yet applied ... we should wait for the next update

Do you have dynamic content enabled? If it's disabled then the fixes will not be applied. Also be aware that the "first" time Winona builds something within that minute interval she will still lose hunger, but subsequent "builds" within that minute will not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlesB said:

Do you have dynamic content enabled? If it's disabled then the fixes will not be applied. Also be aware that the "first" time Winona builds something within that minute interval she will still lose hunger, but subsequent "builds" within that minute will not. 

the dynamic content is activated, since it was possible to activate it, I used Winona yesterday in a public klei server, and I built several boards in a row to make chests and other things, all of which had a cost of starving. I had to stop because of the stomach, I do not know what it might be then, but I'll wait, because she's not my favorite character

• Like 1

• Developer
12 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

the dynamic content is activated, since it was possible to activate it, I used Winona yesterday in a public klei server, and I built several boards in a row to make chests and other things, all of which had a cost of starving. I had to stop because of the stomach, I do not know what it might be then, but I'll wait, because she's not my favorite character

Ah, you've put your finger on it. The dedicated servers are running without these fixes; they probably won't get them until the next update. If you play Winona in a game you host, or hosted by another PS4, then you'll have all these fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Ah, you've put your finger on it. The dedicated servers are running without these fixes; they probably won't get them until the next update. If you play Winona in a game you host, or hosted by another PS4, then you'll have all these fixed.

Thank you for the clarification.

• Like 1