[Game Update] - 315751

• Developer

Changes

• Winona’s speed crafting ability will now only cost hunger if she hasn’t crafted anything within the last minute.  (Everytime she crafts, the timer is extended back to a minute.)
  • Reduced Winona’s crafting speed penalty when she is hungry.
  • Winona’s Catapult no longer damages Maxwell’s Shadow Minions.
  • Winona’s Spotlights will now prioritize having different targets from each other.
  • Increased maximum range of Winona’s Spotlight.
  • Koelefant burning to death will now drop Koalefant Trunk Steak instead of Ash.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed audio bug where Catapult sounds sometimes continued after they became burnt.
  • Fixed bug with Night Light not consuming fuel properly.
  • Fixed bug where Clay Hounds did not spawn from hunts when Year of the Varg event is enabled.
  • Fixed layering bug where Winona’s Voxola Work Uniform was failing to hide skirts.

View full update

• Like 35
  • Thanks 22
  • Haha 1

Peeeerfeeeeect. This is perfect! Perfect! P.E.R.F.E.C.T! Now Winona has a unique flair without any nonsensical downsides - only unique drawbacks that adds to the challenge without counterintuitive mechanics. This is a super nice start, considering it's only the beginning of the character reworks!

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Loopy Ouroboros said:

I like the direction they are going with Winona. The hunger penalty is still a factor, but there is a huge incentive to craft as much as humanly possible in a single minute of speedy crafting.

crafting is a buffer, its not 1 min to build, its if you dont build in a min then you waste 5 hunger, then if you stop crafting and 1 min passes you waste 5 hunger next craft

• Like 3

3 hours ago, V2C said:

Winona’s speed crafting ability will now only cost hunger if she hasn’t crafted anything within the last minute.  (Everytime she crafts, the timer is extended back to a minute.)

changing her micromanagement to a micromanagement of "should i craft this all now or wait for mass production?"

it fits the character is less annoying makes you think and actually has some planing

Well played

i am satisfied

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Some really nice changes, but as @Alarsin mentioned, she now has no drawback at all. Usefulness wise, she's almost at Wolfgang level, because for both of them, drawbacks aren't drawbacks, but minor inconveniences you won't even notice are happening. So now, Winona is tolerable to keep playing as, may even be quite fun, but still has not got any real reason to keep playing as, has no decent drawback and has powerful craftable structures that still make her very much droppable after setting up some canons and spotlights around. I would really suggest following changes:

1) Allow her to craft things with half the cost, as if she had construction amulet (with the amulet equipped, she could craft things as low as a quarter of a cost).

2) Allow her tape to repair armors and weapons.

3) For a drawback, she could have a higher hunger drain (x1.5 - x2 or so), may be with higher hunger overall (200 instead of 150? Or may be not, but x1.5 hunger drain with 150 hunger could work as a challenge), and when she hits a threshold, she would lose the ability to craft with half the resources, would craft slower than an average player and walk at 4 speed by default instead of 6.

4) May be make her to harvest things just as fast as she does crafting as well?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What they could potentially do to make Winona always viable and not just a spawn-in-build catapults-never-to-be-seen-again type of character is make generators only re-fuelable (is that even a word?) by a Winona.

mostly im just happy to see her playable now

i have some ideas yet i don't mind i would rather her stay as is then go through the same thing all over again with another rework

we should enjoy that Klei was so fast to change her

its too soon for another one

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Loopy Ouroboros said:

I like the direction they are going with Winona. The hunger penalty is still a factor, but there is a huge incentive to craft as much as humanly possible in a single minute of speedy crafting.

Actually thats what not the sentence in bracket means...

10 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Winona’s speed crafting ability will now only cost hunger if she hasn’t crafted anything within the last minute.  (Everytime she crafts, the timer is extended back to a minute.)

The brackets actually an incentive to have a big crafting session is one go, since crafting something sets the non-penalty timer back to 1 minute.

Meaning you can actually only get penalised once if you chain craft every minute, but thats silly.

Edited by Fill-Lips
Fixed space in quote #2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dalek said:

Great! The single thing, that you shall add - the emergency mode for generators, or at least spotlights working only at night, then Winona’s rework will be absolutely perfect.

Are you sure? Do you not want her catapults to also one-shot-kill every boss? And maybe all stats set to 400 for good measure? I am sure I could think of even more "improvements".