Pretty good difficulty now!

I like this game and have no problems when i die but with the new update its feels so boring.My reason is:while winter time you have to stay warm, this means warm Vests or fires.If you can not find any Koalefant, you have to stay near fires and most of the time you can do nothing or freeze to death.This is so boring. I never had a problem with starving, just freezing is now the great issue. They should change that.

It is SO MUCH HARDER. I was in day ~120 with the previous update, then started a new world and died in 7.wot.I'm not complaining, I LOVE difficulty. The game is not about farming or making huge bases and houses, it's about surviving. I'd love to see more content, bigger worlds, more difficulty over the days, and exclusive content for very advanced days (130>).

I don't know if it's truely harder yet.It seems harder than it was yesterday, but tomorrow will seem easier than today.As we learn the strategies & tactics that work, will using them make the game more fun or not?Is hitting a tentacle 16 times instead of 12 more fun than, having to worry about being sneak attacked by some random mob with ranged capabilities while hitting that tentacle?

Shooting a guy in Borderlands 20 times instead of 10 because you're playing in co-op makes the game less fun. The term is bullet spongey. The monsters already required you to hit them a lot. ****, i can't imagine hitting a Tree Guardian for 5 minutes. That's just dumb. I guess that's why they added the new weapon and armour in the Insanity update.

The problem with that kind of thinking is that it might be fun for you that way, but horrible to most new players and those who are less adept at the game. It is fine wanting a difficult game, but if it is so difficult that many gamers stay away, than that means that the flow of post-release content will stop sooner.

People are putting to little faith in new players, countless games exist that are so hard they make don't starve look like farmville, yet new players learn and adapt. My wife started with the sanity update, having never played before she beat my record for amount of days survived, eventually she got bored and quit because she built a huge stock pile..and then what?

Ever saw The Binding of Isaac? Wooowhee. That game is harder than this one. You also must start from scratch if you die, and you learn with deaths, got a lot of sales for a indie rogue-like, newbies learn quick too like in DS.Players won't quit if they die 2 times, they'll probably keep trying. If not they probably are better off trying out something easier.

I totally agree, it took me like 60 deaths and watching a lets play to find out just how to beat the first mom fight in Binding of Isaac. That has gotta be the best rogue game of modern times.I wish don't starve could take more from boi and less from minecraft, but that's probably just me.

I totally agree, it took me like 60 deaths and watching a lets play to find out just how to beat the first mom fight in Binding of Isaac. That has gotta be the best rogue game of modern times.I wish don't starve could take more from boi and less from minecraft, but that's probably just me.

I am playing BoI too, and i like it too, but they are different games.In BoI one run needs 1h, but Dont Strave is a long term game. If you die after 10h playing its even more fustrating.Still i find Dont Starve is an easy game to survive. My point is, it could be so boring staying alive in winter, sitting most of the time on your fire because you dont want to freeze to death (if you have no Vest). And this is what i dont like about the new update, it slows dont the game and make in so boring at winter.

My point is, it could be so boring staying alive in winter, sitting most of the time on your fire because you dont want to freeze to death (if you have no Vest). And this is what i dont like about the new update, it slows dont the game and make in so boring at winter.

I spent the entire winter with nothing but a beefalo hat for warmth and didn't freeze. I even ran around a lot with just a top hat when my sanity was going low, and occasionally started a fire.The freezing isn't as severe as you might think, don't let your fear keep you inside your base.

Freezing do death is slow. With only winter hat I was able to explore big part of the map. If its not snowing you can stay away from fire until dusk time, then you will start freezing and need to make campfire, stay few second near it and you can explore again till night comes. If its snowing then freezing is much faster, and then better to stay near fire and wait for good weather.

I spent the entire winter with nothing but a beefalo hat for warmth and didn't freeze. I even ran around a lot with just a top hat when my sanity was going low, and occasionally started a fire.The freezing isn't as severe as you might think, don't let your fear keep you inside your base.

I had a winter hat and every time i went outside a radius of a fire my view got full of ice on the corners and my health started to go down. This happend every time, and now im on day 35 and its still winter (started at day 12). How long will it be winter?

I am playing BoI too, and i like it too, but they are different games.In BoI one run needs 1h, but Dont Strave is a long term game. If you die after 10h playing its even more fustrating.Still i find Dont Starve is an easy game to survive. My point is, it could be so boring staying alive in winter, sitting most of the time on your fire because you dont want to freeze to death (if you have no Vest). And this is what i dont like about the new update, it slows dont the game and make in so boring at winter.

So it's harder to stay alive in winter? Good. This is a survival game, and winter is meant to be a harsh challenge. You should learn from your mistakes and adapt instead of complaining about difficulty. Embrace your inner Wilson and struggle to live. If you go on Sandbox custom you can also edit the amount of resources to make it a bit easier I believe.

So it's harder to stay alive in winter? Good. This is a survival game, and winter is meant to be a harsh challenge. You should learn from your mistakes and adapt instead of complaining about difficulty. Embrace your inner Wilson and struggle to live. If you go on Sandbox custom you can also edit the amount of resources to make it a bit easier I believe.

Please dont get me wrong, i am not complaining about the difficulty (it still easy), i complaining that winter is boring ;)I had no problems surviving, but if i dont want to die i had to stay at a camp fire most of the time and this is boring.It would be nice if there is something like a moveable campfire, something that holds you warm for some time but dont emitting light, maybe something to wear or hold ih hand. just build from wood, gras or something. than exploring in winter could be more exiting and less boring Edited by Bloodman

Shooting a guy in Borderlands 20 times instead of 10 because you're playing in co-op makes the game less fun. The term is bullet spongey. The monsters already required you to hit them a lot. ****, i can't imagine hitting a Tree Guardian for 5 minutes. That's just dumb. I guess that's why they added the new weapon and armour in the Insanity update.

tree guardian for 5 minutes u say? :DI had to kill a tree guardian with a spear logsuit and 2 pigs hehe... after the pigs died I exited and rethought my strategy :Dwhen i got back he had already taken quite a beating i just kept kiting and kiting until he died and i won with miracioulessly 15 health left.. i took the spoils and had a feast of butterflies and my dead enemy's own barky meat in conclusion if i had continually hit it i think it took me the majority of 5 total in-game days to actually kill it :D considering i was always retreating hehe....