The Curated Hamlet Polishing Checklist

• Developer
23 minutes ago, NotStarved said:

he second is a bug i posted an hour ago, if you pick up an item in your offhand and press space near the seaworthy or skyworthy, the game will crash. Over time my animation for traveling (the character getting on the skyworthy) get worse and worse, to the point that she no longer gets on the skyworthy, the screen just slowly fades to black when i click either the skyworthy or seaworthy.

This bug is caused by the 'finder' mod as far as I'm aware.

6 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Quick one for you, there's still a chance that 2 royal scepters can generate on BFB island, I just got 2 on the world I generated yesterday

Just tested and got 2 scepters as well. Will add it to the list, thanks for the report! :)

7 hours ago, bizziboi said:

A bunch were fixed with yesterday's patch. Patchnotes should hopefully be relatively easy to match to the bugs.

I saw that and I'm super happy about it! I'm also really stoked to try out the new beta branch! However, I'm currently on holiday, so it will have to wait a bit. I will test and update the list asap (if it hasn't become completely obsolete by then :D).

@FeNniX Yes I have had that happen myself a few times. It always was on my laptop which takes 3+ minutes to generate worlds. However, the music always stopped for me after another loop, did it continue playing for you?

1 hour ago, Mueck said:

I saw that and I'm super happy about it! I'm also really stoked to try out the new beta branch! However, I'm currently on holiday, so it will have to wait a bit. I will test and update the list asap (if it hasn't become completely obsolete by then :D).

@FeNniX Yes I have had that happen myself a few times. It always was on my laptop which takes 3+ minutes to generate worlds. However, the music always stopped for me after another loop, did it continue playing for you?

Nope, it stops after ~10-15 seconds. It happens all the time for me if I start generating world directly after game launch. Maybe it has something to do with old systems? Because I am playing from toaster.

I finally got around to test all the fixed stuff and have updated the list accordingly. I also added a few more missing examination quotes. I will continue to add polishing / niche issues to the list, however, I understand that the more imminent issues in the beta branch take precedence.

Already reported this in the bug report section but here it goes.. 

Skyworthy doesn't have a "merge with existing worlds" option as the Seaworthy. 

On 3/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, Mueck said:

Hide contents

just a side note

I reported this in Dec 22 2018

I'm continuing this thread and added a lot of strings issues to the OP.

I also noticed that the general bug fixes mentioned in Update 328827 are not present in the beta branch, so even more confusion, yay! Except for the map icon for Cork Barrels, they don't seem to be fixed in neither main nor beta branch...

Don't think these all have been reported yet even though they've been present since the Shamlet Mask's release. They are pretty easy fixes I think from what I can see though so hopefully they could make one of the next updates?

3 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

If they did that, we wouldn’t be able to tell which ones we’d already searched under

Unless they were renewable.  Like, one or two days later something new is underneath.  Unless you mine the rock, of course.  

8 hours ago, ucw said:

Unless they were renewable.  Like, one or two days later something new is underneath.  Unless you mine the rock, of course.  

I’m pretty sure they were never intended to renewable, like carrots/asparagus

7 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I’m pretty sure they were never intended to renewable, like carrots/asparagus

Carrots and asparagus are both renewable via farms, though. Since stone slabs never turn back over, both bean bugs and jelly slugs are completely nonrenewable once you've flipped all of them. There's no teleportato in Hamlet, so it's literally impossible to get more once you've flipped all the slabs.

11 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I mean, it's coded in for them to be renewable, they just simply don't renew. Odd.

Ok, I stand corrected. I did not know that. To me they seem like they just exist to help you get started, like the flint scattered on the ground in a new ROG/SW world.

5 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Ok, I stand corrected. I did not know that. To me they seem like they just exist to help you get started, like the flint scattered on the ground in a new ROG/SW world.

No worries, wasn't trying to honestly correct you, just letting it be known the code exists.

They do feel like a starter push, you're right there. Maybe the Devs went with that and just disabled renewal?

Not sure, actually.

Archived