[Analysis] Winona was nerfed overall: I truly feel like she needs these buffs to her rework.

58 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

sorry im yet to unlock woodlegs so i don't know their stats by heart

i was kinda thinking on the idea of Winona rework maybe have the catapults require a operator  kinda like the wranggler in tf2

but it only works while "wrangled" making her need more skill actually having to aim the shots this would also make her more engaging and less op since youd only have one catapult active at a time this would also give her a nerf less efficient more fun

im thinking stats like...

you need to be on the catapult like mounting it for it to function

an extreme boost of fire rate

manually aimed shots would make them better for base defense putting you in control of where the rocks hit

One thing on catapults "aim" is that if the target is too close, they will miss.

So keep your target at a reasonable distance

8 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

sorry im yet to unlock woodlegs so i don't know their stats by heart

If you are asking for nerfs based on a full char comparison but then u say u haven't unlocked Woodlegs and u just wrote random stuff to fill the gap... 

That doesn't make me trust your opinion that much.. Sorry 

Specially when you could just have check on the wiki. 

8 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i was kinda thinking on the idea of Winona rework maybe have the catapults require a operator  kinda like the wranggler in tf2

but it only works while "wrangled" making her need more skill actually having to aim the shots this would also make her more engaging and less op since youd only have one catapult active at a time this would also give her a nerf less efficient more fun

im thinking stats like...

you need to be on the catapult like mounting it for it to function

an extreme boost of fire rate

manually aimed shots would make them better for base defense putting you in control of where the rocks hit

I think that making them manually control defies their purpose. 

Again their aim is not bad... They simply cannot aim when target is too close. 

I don't agree with more rate of fire... That would be even more broken

2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

but youd only be able to use one catapult at a time since you have to be mounted to it

Almost no one would do that - from the "whi u do diz klei, wonona muh ez pz op cuz I saw MyFavoritzYoubtuzer rektin' all" screeching would go directly into "dis is tutally uzlezz $hit" in one go. Only some niche thing to do for lulz when you've done pretty much anything else late-game. And you can see the scenarios quite well no matter the damage per hit, can be even 500: against spiders after you've hit one you'll pretty much be swarmed in an instant and obliterated, pigs will kite you like bosses being an immobile punching bag again after gaining all-aggro post-mushing one... and don't get me going with giants. Maybe you can make a case for mushing AG from across a ridge in Labyrinth aaaand.. that's it. Most useless structure made by a DST character. GG! :rolleyes:

The thing with Winona isn't that its a bad rework, its just that Klei has done something that people are still not wanting. People don't want their characters to have a meaningless downside and a considerable upside. Winona is just that now, and is effectively a Wicker that doesn't progress as quickly due to not having the tools Wicker has. Wicker has tools at her disposal that allow for very powerful farms, quickly structured and replaceable bases, and the ability to grant WX ever more power. Winona is capable to setting up more defenses. Thats mainly it. There is no incentive to play as Winona once you have your structures set, while other characters have a constant power, such as Wolfgang's beefiness, WX existing, or Maxwell's high sanity gain and shadow slaves. There is also no extra gimmick or stats to promote a different play style. Personally, Maxwell, Wigfrid, and Wortox are easily the most interesting survivors as of now (although Wortox leans a tad on the powerful side due to eliminating the need for some resources, as well as ease of travel and near eternal healing). Winona has nothing going for her, not even some bonus challenge or fun, and you'd likely be better off playing Wilson to learn the game, at least until his rework, since his beard not only makes Winter forgiving for a new player, but makes summer a more relentless season, so you can get a sense of what the game has in store for you, if you make it that far anyhow.

Archived