Winona Update Lore

8 hours ago, Ham3d said:

what if the robots was actually be there in constant and wagstaff just steal them and bring them to real word

Well, in the other thread, they did bring up about them being "Gatekeepers" of some sort. Just like the word that Mumsy uses/.

8 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Hidden Side of the Board from the Trailer Behind the Scenes
8vq8IWx.png

So, in essence Winona knows about WX existence, Wickerbottom and Woodie's face, and Wendy's flower. Obviously knows also about Wagstaff, Charlie, and Maxwell (though we don't know if she knows about "William"). In a way she knows almost half of the cast of DST characters before going to The Constant.

Also, from what I can get from the mural, it seems Wendy got abducted the same night Charlie and Maxwell got abducted (or maybe Abigail died that same night? After all, is Abigail's flower what we see). Wickerbottom apparently has something to do with WX's creation (and also seems she was happier when she was in the "real world" and not in The Constant). Woodie apparently was working or worked at Voxola (or tried to?). Also, Wendy/Abigail is somehow related to Woodie, I am going to assume that he was the next one abducted after Wendy's abduction or Abigail's death.

2 minutes ago, pedregales said:

So, in essence Winona knows about WX existence, Wickerbottom and Woodie's face, and Wendy's flower. Obviously knows also about Wagstaff, Charlie, and Maxwell (though we don't know if she knows about "William"). In a way she knows almost half of the cast of DST characters before going to The Constant.

Also, from what I can get from the mural, it seems Wendy got abducted the same night Charlie and Maxwell got abducted (or maybe Abigail died that same night? After all, is Abigail's flower what we see). Wickerbottom apparently has something to do with WX's creation (and also seems she was happier when she was in the "real world" and not in The Constant). Woodie apparently was working or worked at Voxola (or tried to?). Also, Wendy/Abigail is somehow related to Woodie, I am going to assume that he was the next one abducted after Wendy's abduction or Abigail's death.

yes i also notice wicker was happier than constant and somehow related to creation of wx . and also this picture show nothing is inside of wx , so wx is not a suit atleast .

14 hours ago, Cosheeta said:

Winona's dad has such a wes-face

I held back from bringing this up but I think the reason why Charlie picked the assistant job in the first place was due to seeing bits of her father in Maxwell's face. She might have daddy issues...592533d0cf11a_Arielthoughtssinkingin.png.861ff0e6548c601302cd2422f56f0dcd.png

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

seeing bits of her father in Maxwell's face. She might have daddy issues...

Spoiler

5c8d039fba562_Screenshot(3)_LI.thumb.jpg.cf001deb8d397e329a8d5de779d08fc8.jpg

That's her dad. (and an illustrated poster of Maxwell)

1000?cb=20131112143022

This is Maxwell as Charlie knew him.

I appreciate you thinking out of the box and considering alternative theories, but no. There is no resemblance. "Man having visible lips" is not enough of a similarity.

I mean, you can headcanon whatever you want, but the closest similarity Maxwell and Charlie's father might have is personality and attitude. This excuse is valid because we don't know Father Charlie's personality. But since they factually have different faces, that excuse is invalid.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I was talking about the hair as well but sure.

Well I mean… back then people didn't use to dye their hair or make some anime-looking haircuts. Right? (again- I'm not a historian)

So the simmilarity in hair is again invalid. Plus I don't see anything that Klei could gain from giving Winona and Charlie daddy issues. No possible lore expansion from there.

"Automatons guarding a gateway in the wilderness of Canada" now I'm picturing that thing in the Landover books*, where if you go to juuuust the right part of the nowhere areas of Virginia, you'll suddenly start finding yourself surrounded by these strange mists...

...and, some horrifying apparitions made up by your own mind later, POP! you're in a fantasy world.  :) One a _bit_ nicer than the Constant, but still...

(There are actually multiple gateways into Landover, through mists, from several other realities. The Virginia one just happened to be the one closest to the main character's place of residence.)

And yes, again, I've read too many fantasy books.  What else is old.  : P

...Notorious

*Amusingly, this world also has a major character named Willow...however she's a bit, um...different.  While "our" Willow loves to set trees on fire, the Landover Willow has to BE a tree from time to time.  XD

Archived