Winona Update Lore

1 minute ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Nice, didn't notice the part on the side before. Guess that's that.

My only issue is that the part on the side is only visible in a couple of frames, but isn't just limited to one. 

one of the frames has the triangular shaped part thingy a little larger looking, similar to the silhouette. 

image.png.f61399dda3bf048f2477bb888d15ccbd.png

11 minutes ago, Maknov said:

Some things I noticed:

image.png.3cc478c144399f8ff9e08b4e9170ecab.png

image.png.744b2291151c4541aae374bc907f797d.png????

And even more, this TINY TINY detail. I'm not sure if this is anything, but this may just be me over-analyzing. 

image.png.9215ea6d30a7500b584a3fe3fc31b1b0.png

This also adds up if we go with the idea that on the roadmap post its introducing the silouhettes in left to right order. Roadmap states a "globetrotting adventurer" then "mysterious inventor", which would make "Mr. Guy On The Right" Mr. Robert Wagstaff. Of course this would be assuming though that there was only one person building that portal of course and not that its two people collaborating and we're just seeing one of them get sucked in after the other one already was.

Just now, Maknov said:

And if Wagstaff WAS the shadow on the left, wouldn't their portal silhouette look more like this? :wilson_curious:

image.png.08d06239e85189a3a0cdefed4d6f5ec5.png

image.png

image.png

Yep! That's why I think this has to be the possibility.

Although becasue this makes "Mr/Mrs. Guy On The Left"  not Wagstaff, but the adventurer, I have a rather outlandish theroy.

When Warbucks was first released many people (including myself) noted that he had a very similar head shape (and title at the time) to Wilson, leading many to believe that the two could be related. However, as everyone probably already knows, Warbucks has been removed from the game for various reasons and due to that the lore potential behind having another member of the Higgsbury family was lost. So, I believe that it is possible that "Mr/Mrs. Guy On The Left" as an adventurer, which is much like Warbucks with his explorer theme, could serve as the replacement character to have this speculated affiliation on the basis of having a sorta similar backround to Warbucks who was the former speculated similarly appearing character with a relation to Wilson, along with the fact that THIS character also has utterly ridiculous hair, which is somewhat similar to, and much like our gentleman scientist! In conclusion, could it be possible that "Whateveritssupposedtobe On The Left" is a relative of Wilson?

Maybe? Probably not? Eh, who knows. We'll have to see in April.

18 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It looks like the default silhouette figure in a portal to me.

shrug

Agreed. Especially since the hair doesn’t match either of them. Some would argue it’s similar because it’s bumpy, but the ol’ silhouette’s hair sticks out a lot more than the one in the portal 

5 hours ago, SpikeGuy said:

How are you?! Congratulations on the new job! I [hope/knew] you would find something [INDECIPHERABLE]. Have you settled in alright? Are you taking care of yourself?

I'm still here in San Fran and things are going well. My magic act [INDECIPHERABLE] has taught me so much about showmanship in such a short time. I think [INDECIPHERABLE] would really get along! (You're both very [INDECIPHERABLE]

the way you posted that reminds me of the SCP forum

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I think it was Genny.

how do you know this?

also looking over the footage... the glove pulled off looked almost identical to the sulfur yellow gloves drop in game ... along with the overalls

i think all the clothes we get as drops were the clothes of those who died before us in game then just redistributed

Okay, some questions and comments:

1.  Dumb question, but where exactly are y'all getting those awesome mysterious hinting-at-things-to-come silhouette pictures?

2.  How'd you know the factory worker's name was Genny?

3.  I don't think the person with the yellow gloves is Wagstaff, as his description says he finds himself "exactly where he wanted to be".  Would he freak out and struggle to get out of a portal he was _eager_ to enter?  Okay, so maybe it was a case of "Wait, now that I'm actually here, it's way scarier than I thought it was gonna be I CHANGE MY MIND!" but I dunno...

4.  It's quite possible the portals are unstable, like one of those wormholes that's only steady at one end but not the other.  (Or the threshhold between Xanth and Mundania:  Xanthians can cross over when they choose, Mundanes stumble across it from all time periods.  GOD I'm a nerd.)  Anyway, what I mean is, I'd say all the worlds of the Constant are closely interdimensionally connected to each other? (Like Earths in "The Long Earth" series who are numbered right after each other I MUST STOP GEEKING OUT.  Anyway pearls that are next to each other on the same necklace, so to speak--and kinda stuck to each other in a semi-blob, in this case.)

So it'd be quite easy for Person 1 to end up in some part of the regular DS universe (including Hamlet and Shipwrecked!), while the person who follows them right after ends up in DST.  It's like...it'll take you to somewhere in that general dimensional area.  But you can't control when or where.

5.  I'm not convinced that it's Winona making the corkboard...it all depends on WHEN it was made, or rather, when the most-recently-added thing on it was added:  Before or AFTER Winona ended up in the Constant?  We don't know.

6.  Last but not least, there was a MASSIVE fire in 1906 San Francisco already in real history, tied to the earthquake (and there's ground-shaking and structure-cracking in the animation).  So Willow doesn't have to be involved; I think it was just part of the natural disaster.

...unLESS...that's what someone trying to cover up evidence in that factory WANTS us to think...

(dun dun DUUUNNNNN!!!)

...Notorious

7 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

1.  Dumb question, but where exactly are y'all getting those awesome mysterious hinting-at-things-to-come silhouette pictures?

2.  How'd you know the factory worker's name was Genny?

1. There's a Klei forum topic of their 2019 roadmap plans where they were posted. 
2. Her name was given on the stream by the loremaster. 

Ah.  I never catch the streams, as they're always at exactly the time of day and day of the week when I have to go to a regular appointment.  (Sure, I could try to watch it while there, but I don't think that would go down well...)  : P

As for the roadmap topic I've got no-one but myself to blame there; I just haven't gotten around to looking at it yet.

...Notorious

Part of me believes that Wagstaff is the silhouette on the left, if you told me that one of those was an inventor I would say the one on the left, because that hair speaks to me so much as being an inventor.

image.png.afdf81e5cde90997cfe4e2ba777c56a1.png

image.png.5d24fb1157627b603a2dbb2a9d6fc432.png

3 hours ago, Portmanteau said:

[snip]

I'd actually love that to be the case. Another Higgsbury... :wilson_curious:

edit: imagine a young prodigy hiring Winona, that'd make for an interesting dynamic.:wilson_ecstatic:

image.png.34151879137b6e6aa61ffc7de0f82a73.png

10 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

1) We do not know yet if the new character is just Wagstaff (although I hope so too!)

Data mining shows sound effects labeld "wagstaff"

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

3.  I don't think the person with the yellow gloves is Wagstaff, as his description says he finds himself "exactly where he wanted to be".  Would he freak out and struggle to get out of a portal he was _eager_ to enter?  Okay, so maybe it was a case of "Wait, now that I'm actually here, it's way scarier than I thought it was gonna be I CHANGE MY MIND!" but I dunno...

Maybe Wagstaff could've found himself exactly where he wanted to be, not to enter, but to escape.

On 7.03.2019 at 10:52 PM, Zeklo said:

It's a matter of perception.

Wagstaff is going to be added soon, but that doesn't mean he was never already in the Constant. We're just now getting to see it.

Same thing goes for Winona. We don't know if she only appeared during DST or she had always been present in beforehand.

I have a little different theory about this.

Let's start with chronology. We see Shadow/Monster Charlie in the portal instead of Queen Charlie, that means Wagstaff and Winona were taken before New Reign. In this time Wilson or Maxwell was sitting on the Throne. We can't say which of them. Everything will be clear after release of Wagsaff as a playable character. If he will be unlockable through experience that means he went to Constant while Maxwell's rule. But Winona appears in the Constant already in DST, so Wagstaff couldn't be there before. The question is what happened to him and why we don't have him as a playable character. Maybe someone imprisoned him to make use of his knowledge. We have two possibilities:

a) Maxwell

Wagstaff due to his knowledge is very valuable prisoner. Maxwell could order him to build clockworks. And besides technical engineering, we have genetical engineering. In Don't Starve world we can encounter many weird creatures, all of them seem to be mixture of animals, for example Deerclops, Goose/Goose, Dragonfly, Bearger etc, etc. Probably some crazy scientist is responsible for it. And Maxwell can recognise most of them. After all Wagstaff seems to be more into technical things than biological. So maybe someone else made them.

b) Charlie

After Winona repairing the portal we instantly see Charlie. This indicates that she could take him to the Constant and imprison him. We still don't know what Charlie was doing during Maxwell's reign. Possibly she would use Wagstaff in the same way how Maxwell would. Also we got Winona after Charlie took the Throne. We don't know what happened to Winona after stepping through the portal. Maybe she was trapped the same way like Wagstaff to help him create things, and she was released as a Survivor later, when she wasn't needed anymore?

5 hours ago, bizziboi said:

You take those swmming classes way too serious.

Now I'm trying to imagine me swimming while also trying to listen to/watch a smartphone.  This image immediately falls apart, however, because it involves me knowing how to swim.  : P

...Notorious

I'm pretty sure it's obvious that the person who got pulled in is Wagstaff? We've known for the past 6 years that he went missing the night the factory burned down, though I haven't seen anyone point this out or seem to remember.

On 4/11/2013 at 4:35 PM, Kevin said:

The radio is a Voxola PR-76, manufactured in 1919 by the Voxola Radio company of Sidney, Ohio. The radio offered revolutionary sound and reception quality for the time, and was promoted by an intense national marketing campaign. Very few units were actually produced, because the factory was destroyed in a fire only days after production began. Voxola founder Robert Wagstaff went missing the night of the fire, and the company declared bankruptcy soon thereafter.

Wagstaff was definitely the one who got pulled in and is also most likely the next base game character.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, Cytryn7 said:

"Exposition Universelle" - I don't know what that is; further research needed.

Some reference to the World's fairs (or World's expos). St.Louis hosted one in 1904 and San Francisco hosted another one in 1915.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:10 PM, Portmanteau said:

image.png.59bfa4145eb084a384fa92a2fe04553f.pngSo are we just to ignore this "ARE A- (Aliens per-chance?) REAL?" poster or what? I know the focus was on all that other stuff but it was this that caught my eye personally.

image.thumb.png.bc989cc80ad127cda10e4f2f177f8aab.pngOh boy...

If Don't Starve is connected to 9, I'm not going to be surprised.

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

image.thumb.png.bc989cc80ad127cda10e4f2f177f8aab.pngOh boy...

If Don't Starve is connected to 9, I'm not going to be surprised.

so are clockworks built in real world?! how newspapers did aware of bishop clockworks ?!

( that line of bishops remind me of " I, Robot " , will smith movie.)

or what if the robots was actually be there in constant and wagstaff just steal them and bring them to real word or use their techs to recreate them !

Archived