Winona Update Lore

Wagstaff's Hamlet description is "A mysterious inventor who finds himself right where he wanted to be"

Also his factory manufactured radios that apparently connect real world with constant.

If he really wanted to go there then why'd he resist the portal like the yellow-gloved person.

He also appears in Constant b4 Charlies reign. And Charlie appears in the trailer.

On the other hand that room seems to be the place for a boss and it had posters of shadow creatures on the walls. 

Charlie also isn't in her Queen state.

So it'd all seem the the yellow-gloved character is Wagstaff. 

But if Winona entered Constant like 5 minutes after him then why is he in singleplayer and she's in dst? 

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

Wagstaff's Hamlet description is "A mysterious inventor who finds himself right where he wanted to be"

Also his factory manufactured radios that apparently connect real world with constant.

If he really wanted to go there then why'd he resist the portal like the yellow-gloved person.

He also appears in Constant b4 Charlies reign. And Charlie appears in the trailer.

On the other hand that room seems to be the place for a boss and it had posters of shadow creatures on the walls. 

But if Winona entered Constant like 5 minutes after him then why is he in singleplayer and she's in dst? 

1. "What year is it out there? Time moves differently here." -maxwell

the diffrence may be more drastic then we think, ya never know.

4 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

a) maybe he didn't kno where he was exactly heading but precisely ended up where he wants to be.

b ) wagstaff together confirmed?

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Time doesn’t really mean anything in the constant.

i just realized, this kinda proves that willow didn’t start the fire.

Except on Winona’s wiki page it say that she wonders who started the fire at the factory..... so does that mean that this isn’t the radio factory???

it would explain why we don’t see willow in the video 

6 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

It's a matter of perception.

Wagstaff is going to be added soon, but that doesn't mean he was never already in the Constant. We're just now getting to see it.

Same thing goes for Winona. We don't know if she only appeared during DST or she had always been present in beforehand.

5 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

Il tempo non significa veramente nulla nella costante.

ho appena capito, questo tipo dimostra che il salice non ha iniziato l'incendio.

Tranne che nella pagina wiki di Winona, dice che si chiede chi ha aperto il fuoco in fabbrica ..... quindi vuol dire che questa non è la fabbrica della radio ???

spiegherebbe perché non vediamo il salice nel video 

In my opinion, Klei should start the story of the game from scratch. Too many "inconsistencies" have accumulated over time.

Can someone help me decipher Charlie's letter? The bottom part's cut off, but I think we can still get most of it. 

Here's what I have so far (had to guess a bit):

Dear Winona,

How are you?! Congratulations on the new job! I [hope/knew] you would find something [INDECIPHERABLE]. Have you settled in alright? Are you taking care of yourself?

I'm still here in San Fran and things are going well. My magic act [INDECIPHERABLE] has taught me so much about showmanship in such a short time. I think [INDECIPHERABLE] would really get along! (You're both very [INDECIPHERABLE]

@SpikeGuy, I bolded the words you weren't sure about.

Dear Winona,

How are you?! Congratulations on the new job! I knew you would find something soon. Have you settled in alright? Are you taking care of yourself?

I'm still here in San Fran and things are going well. My magic act partner has taught me so much about showmanship in such a short time. I think you two would really get along! You're both very stubborn. Haha!

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

The events of Winona's Video happens before Wilson's Video.

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

The Constant is big and some places still being unknown. Everyone arrived to different places.

The "group" is DST is an exception because Charlie used the portal for reunite some survivors.

Spoiler

Also, a bit of retcon.

hm, at 0:26 there is a blackboard with instructions about how to build the radio... I expected some kind of magic or runes but i can't find anything. is the radio really build without the help from Them?

Ps: the right board looks like a part of a puzzle, right? and am i seeing a face in the left fire at 0:47? at least some eyes? oh my, my mind is allready playing with me. (*hype*)

23 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

It's Likely that Charlie pulled her in through a portal 'connected' by Maxwell. Her trait of switching personalities is the way she was before acquiring the Throne (ANR trailer), meaning Winona was likely pulled in during Maxwell's reign, even if he didn't do it/didn't personally engage with her due to lack of awareness of her presence.

[...]

I'm reading some, uh, unexpected timescales from this whole thing. Like...
I don't think that Winona was the most recent survivor to arrive. She was just the most recent one to enter the spotlight.
In that same vein, if this is Wagstaff, he'd have had time to become a totally ripped hardcore survival man.

...if I'm right about Hamlet's timeline being before original DS and Wilson just being in it because VIDYA GAEM, this could get interesting.

Contents of that topic are relevant over here.
I'm now under the impression that Wilson might still be the most recent arrival in the Constant.
Also reinforces my thought that Wilson will be the last character rework, because main character, best for last logic.

Also recall that Reign Of Giants is by default a part of DST. DLC and DST can interact, it just hasn't happened much. But it's possible that he'll be in both games.

image.png.59bfa4145eb084a384fa92a2fe04553f.png

So are we just to ignore this "ARE A- (Aliens per-chance?) REAL?" poster or what? I know the focus was on all that other stuff but it was this that caught my eye personally.

Is it just my imagination, or is Charlie genuinely shocked to see Winona at the portal's entrance? She keeps this facial expression for ~15 frames before closing her eyes and assuming a more neutral expression

Spoiler

SuprisedCharlie.thumb.png.1c33e1a2c7f3fdfc8599d3dff41718a4.png

NeutralCharlie.thumb.png.9f4629d23a58ff6c12b231ed4e1aa324.png

Her second expression seems to say "help me", though I don't know if it is genuine reaction or a trick by Them.

Also, going frame by frame from 0:57 in the video shows good Charlie seeming to get more and more upset before Winona's head blocks our view and she turns into Shadow Charlie.

2 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Is it just my imagination, or is Charlie genuinely shocked to see Winona at the portal's entrance? She keeps this facial expression for ~15 frames before closing her eyes and assuming a more neutral expression

Hide contents

SuprisedCharlie.thumb.png.1c33e1a2c7f3fdfc8599d3dff41718a4.png

NeutralCharlie.thumb.png.9f4629d23a58ff6c12b231ed4e1aa324.png

Her second expression seems to say "help me", though I don't know if it is genuine reaction or a trick by Them.

Also, going frame by frame from 0:57 in the video shows good Charlie seeming to get more and more upset before Winona's head blocks our view and she turns into Shadow Charlie.

Yea, it seemed to be a similar scenario to what happened in the Throne Room; she had a strong split personality going on before assuming the title of Queen.
Reason to believe that Winona has been here for much longer than when we first saw her.

1 hour ago, Portmanteau said:

image.png.59bfa4145eb084a384fa92a2fe04553f.pngSo are we just to ignore this "ARE A- (Aliens per-chance?) REAL?" poster or what? I know the focus was on all that other stuff but it was this that caught my eye personally.

Thank you so much for this post.

If this wall is indeed winona's, perhaps we'll have her as a conspiracy theorist in the future along the lines of Dale from King of the Hill?

8 minutes ago, SpikeGuy said:

Also, can someone zoom up on that Wagstaff business card. I can read most of it, but the last bit is a bit hard to get. ("P???der, Sydney, OHIO)

I think it says "Founder, Sydney, OHIO" I guess as in he's the founder?

Archived