Winona Character Update & Drop System Changes

5 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I was getting a strong sense of déjà vu from this and thought I was going crazy. Nope. It just turns out the exact same thing was posted to multiple threads. Guess I'm not going crazy after all.

sorry i am just scared of what could happen so i posted it in threads that made sense just so i can get someone to hopefully disprove it apologies for the confusion

2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Winos downsides are negated by a friend to craft for you , you need a friend to succeed

and we know all characters are going through the reworks so i think that they will make DST even more single-player hostile

Single-player hostile? What kind of mechanics make DST "hostile" against single players? As I see, it is indeed easier in teams, but most of the stuff (especially the survival) is doable solo.

Winona's downside can be countered by having more food, which still can be done alone, you don't need a friend for success. The update made her quite beginner-unfriendly (which really is a shame in my opinion), but I would call her slow-crafting rather annoying than single-player hostile.

9 minutes ago, Nikslg said:

The "heirloom" quality.
I was wondering if those items actually can still drop with "Heirloom" quality, or they will be replaced with new "classic" weavable one?

So long I have seen only "classic" and "event" elegants to drop, add to that that "owners of these skins prior to that date will be upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity" , I don't think heriloom is meant to drop anymore, I guess Klei wants to slowly transfer the whole skin system into the spool system.

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

Single-player hostile? What kind of mechanics make DST "hostile" against single players? As I see, it is indeed easier in teams, but most of the stuff (especially the survival) is doable solo.

Winona's downside can be countered by having more food, which still can be done alone, you don't need a friend for success. The update made her quite beginner-unfriendly (which really is a shame in my opinion), but I would call her slow-crafting rather annoying than single-player hostile.

what i ment was how all the eniemes have like double health and the bosses are very swarmy (with lot of minions)

its just an nit pick because my friends don't play DST

well wen i first played wormwood i hated him and now i kinda main them so maybe i just need to give Wino more a chance

There was no way the random number god was going to bless me with an elegant, I said. I was cursed with obtaining only pleated shirts from the daily gift, I said.

20190313150238_1.jpg.629a6870f5689eac2b45a81088035a52.jpg

To be fair, I actually haven't touched Wes outside of the Forge for over a year. Didn't really find his gameplay engaging or the memes redeeming. Would feel rotten to the core to unravel this into spools, however.

12 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Huh? Where'd you get this?
I know it's probably not confirmed, but I never really saw her as the lesbian type. 
Can't tell if this'd be off topic.

In the short, she saves a girl and they share this kind of.. look.  And at the end, the girl she held for a couple seconds is visibly more distressed that Winona (apparently) didn't make it out of the factory than everyone else there. 

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but... It seemed like a little more than just a "good friends" thing. But I'm not Klei, so this is purely speculation. :)

1 hour ago, Torrents said:

In the short, she saves a girl and they share this kind of.. look.  And at the end, the girl she held for a couple seconds is visibly more distressed that Winona (apparently) didn't make it out of the factory than everyone else there. 

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but... It seemed like a little more than just a "good friends" thing. But I'm not Klei, so this is purely speculation. :)

well she had the same dress as winona in the cinematic so she worked with her closely ( like maxwell and charlie ) so they became close friends so no wonder that she was sad that winona died.

I don't think so that winona is lesbian.

( but i don't really care much, noone is gonna to shame me if i play the lesbian )

18 hours ago, Torrents said:

Is Winona gay?

Nah she probably saved that other girl cuz that's just a right thing to do. Winona is just a decent human being.

I mean with that logic we can speculate that she and Wagstaff had a romance since she also went to save him.

Plus that cinematic happened I think somewhere after Great Depression and b4 WW2 and (I'm not an expert) I don't think there were many gay couples/relationships then

16 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

well she had the same dress as winona in the cinematic so she worked with her closely

….ooooooooorrrrrrr they worked in a factory and factory workers wear the same clothes cuz that's the work-law

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Nah she probably shaved that other girl cuz that's just a right thing to do. Winona is just a decent human being.

I mean with that logic we can speculate that she and Wagstaff had a romance since she also went to save him.

Plus that cinematic happened I think somewhere after Great Depression and b4 WW2 and (I'm not an expert) I don't think there were many gay couples/relationships then

….ooooooooorrrrrrr they worked in a factory and factory workers wear the same clothes cuz that's the work-law

That people in the 20s weren't open about being in a gay relationship or not and the fact that there "weren't many gay couples/relationships then," it's another thing completely. 

With that said, tbh I don't see why this idea is relevant at all. Who cares if Winona is gay or not? That doesn't change her abilities in game. 

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Think they were implying that they were performing the exact same position at that job going by the clothing, so they probably had more contact with eachother than other workers.
That said, Winona was also spying on the place looking for clues, so if they did have a closer friendship...it was probably all part of the plan, using her people skills to try and get more information sources.

Sinking my own ship here :'(

Archived