Winona Character Update & Drop System Changes

I love this!!! Thanks guys. I hope the next animations are darker and grimmer, but this still made my day and I showed it to everyone at home. I tried the catapult and it's much weaker than I expected, but that's good, it shouldn't be overpowered. I wish you could turn the generator off and on to save charge for next attack if you don't need it running

Used maybe 12 Catapults. Quite good against Bee Queen(Used health mod since I am playing solo). I will later use it against Toadstool.

I hope it is also good against Ancient Fuelweaver and the Shadow Rook, Bishop and Knight.

1 hour ago, Flydo said:

Did someone notice that charlie and winona are sister? it explain why one of the Winona quest of honnor skin look like charlie (or maybe it's an old info i don't know)

It's very known since Winona gets a free hit from her and her quotes...

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

no problem...

the lore is very, very big and there are still some pieces missing.

need to learn more about it, seems like klei always give some clue little by little

I was so excited to see wynonas rework, till i actually got to try it out. Lackluster catapults and generators, and the one good thing she had going for her got nerfed beyond reason. Was the goal to make less people like her, cause if so y'all succeeded. Please fix it cause y'all took all the fun out of playing her. Sorry, in not trying to complain, but she was my main. Well till this rework dropped that is...

3 hours ago, DemonPickle said:

Was the goal to make less people like her, cause if so y'all succeeded. 

I already set a new personal best survival time with the new stuff. The catapults are really useful and Winona is now my third favorite character.

4 hours ago, DemonPickle said:

I was so excited to see wynonas rework, till i actually got to try it out. Lackluster catapults and generators, and the one good thing she had going for her got nerfed beyond reason. Was the goal to make less people like her, cause if so y'all succeeded. Please fix it cause y'all took all the fun out of playing her. Sorry, in not trying to complain, but she was my main. Well till this rework dropped that is...

winona is my 5th best character due to her being able to kill every single boss.

EVEN BEE FREAKING QUEEN.

the only boss that is unable to be killed solo without mob/exploits now killed by winona.

that is a very good advantage with disability of '''' being slightly more hungry ''''

11 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

I wonder who the next character to be reworked will be, I honestly hope it's willow, she's the one who is the most desperately in need of a rework at this point.

Uhh it is going to be willow we could all see that on that poster

The short still isn't excluding my theory:

On 2.03.2019 at 8:29 PM, Wilson_pl said:

Could Winona... had been informed by Maxwell, in a letter, what could've happened (and had happened) and did he leave instructions for building another portal, so she could come and rescue in case it happened? Did Maxwell predict what was going to happen, because he already managed to get out before (The intermission puzzle, hidden image)?

Winona could be friends with Wagstaff (she could've told him about Maxwell, Charlie and everything else) and they could be building that portal together (along with Winona, after her work time?), and Wagstaff was testing it after he finished it. If you think that the fact that they could be friends isn't true, why would she run to him instead of evacuating like everyone else? It means she knew what was going on there, and she knew what could happen (and did happen).

1 hour ago, Wilson_pl said:

If you think that the fact that they could be friends isn't true, why would she run to him instead of evacuating like everyone else? It means she knew what was going on there, and she knew what could happen (and did happen).

It's heavily implied, mostly from the strings of her new skins, that she was the one behind the conspiracy board.

"All signs lead to Voxola." 

"Need access to Voxola."

Yata yata...

For whatever reason, during her investigation the leads brought her to Voxola, and when something weird happened she went to investigate since that was the point in coming in the first place.

2 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

I wonder who the next character to be reworked will be, I honestly hope it's willow, she's the one who is the most desperately in need of a rework at this point.

It is for sure Willow. The Roadmap picture shows her outline. 

58 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

It is for sure Willow. The Roadmap picture shows her outline. 

Oh right derp.

If theres one thing about my memory, sometimes it's like an elephant's memory, but other times(like now), it's the exact opposite.

Brain pls, learn to remember things.

8 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

I wonder if the Wendy or Wickerbottom reworks will involve the celestial opal . . .

celestial opal?

Are you talking about the iridescent gem?

For wendy I honestly hope it's just making abigail smarter, to be honest I don't see much of a need to change anything else.

14 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

celestial opal?

Are you talking about the iridescent gem?

For wendy I honestly hope it's just making abigail smarter, to be honest I don't see much of a need to change anything else.

Yes, that one. 
Abigail could be reworked to be smarter AND there could be unique craftables. Maybe the opal could be crafted into something to give a short-term buff to Abigail's strength, since her power level is tied to night and moon cycles. 
Though it would also be a good magic item to diversify Wickerbottom's powers. 

they might be altering the characters to make them all only work in teams

Winos downsides are negated by a friend to craft for you , you need a friend to succeed

and we know all characters are going through the reworks so i think that they will make DST even more single-player hostile

as a person who can't get any friends to coordinate DST and hates random servers this is horrible

i don't want another game like overwatch to if you don't work as a team you basically can't do a thing

i always felt like this game had about the same teamwork as in TF2 to which you can have a team but you aren't restricted to it to succeed

and some may say just play DS but what about the new content, characters, skins, events, more mods, and graphical improvements 

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

they might be altering the characters to make them all only work in teams

Winos downsides are negated by a friend to craft for you , you need a friend to succeed

and we know all characters are going through the reworks so i think that they will make DST even more single-player hostile

as a person who can't get any friends to coordinate DST and hates random servers this is horrible

i don't want another game like overwatch to if you don't work as a team you basically can't do a thing

i always felt like this game had about the same teamwork as in TF2 to which you can have a team but you aren't restricted to it to succeed

and some may say just play DS but what about the new content, characters, skins, events, more mods, and graphical improvements 

I was getting a strong sense of déjà vu from this and thought I was going crazy. Nope. It just turns out the exact same thing was posted to multiple threads. Guess I'm not going crazy after all.

Archived