Winona Character Update & Drop System Changes

7 minutes ago, PeterA said:

It is currently set to tick over to a new day at the same time that the Drop timer resets, 1:40PM Pacific time I believe, though we will likely adjust that in the future.

Oh so its not local... :/

1 hour ago, Bigfoot said:

The first thing we are doing is providing a daily item bonus. Each day you play, you will receive a drop simply by logging in. Secondly, we are doubling the amount of timed drops that are given per week to 8, up from the previous 4. Along with the daily item bonus, players can now receive a total of 15 items per week, nearly 4 times the previous amount.

And finally, we have increased the frequency of elegants and other rare items in the drop table. 

Our previous drop rates were as follows:

• [...]
  • Elegant: 0.50%

Today, the drop rates are:

• [...]
  • Elegant: 2.3%

Previously you were limited to four skins a week and had a chance of 0.005 to get an Elegant with each drop, so there was a chance of

1 - (1 - 0.005)^  4 = 0,019850499375 =   1,99%

to get at least a single elegant drop each week.

Now you can get up to 15 skins a week, and you have a chance of 0.023 to get an Elegant with each drop, so now there's a chance of

1 - (1 - 0.023)^15 = 0,294627610868 = 29,46%

to get at least a single elegant drop each week.

But on the other hand waveable items can now drop aswell so not every item will be tradeable on Steam or the Trade Inn.

6 minutes ago, axxel said:

Do I sense a puzzle hint in 0:38?

What do you see there? I didn't spot anything special.

Also, might be just weakly related to the characters, but I find it interesting how the factory got a "B" rating on safety. Seems like the boss (likely Wagstaff?) liked hazardous experiments? (pic from 1:00)

winona_factory_safety.png.baef49ec8bd9f5bfc7e8c98a05037cef.png

7 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

What do you see there? I didn't spot anything special.

Also, might be just weakly related to the characters, but I find it interesting how the factory got a "B" rating on safety. Seems like the boss (likely Wagstaff?) liked hazardous experiments? (pic from 1:00)

winona_factory_safety.png.baef49ec8bd9f5bfc7e8c98a05037cef.png

There are two scenes with the same background. One of them has a circle and "12"

image.png.9a0767978a7cfa83dea3ff547ad2dd37.png

Pretty nice, a ~ 29,5% chance to get at least one elegant per week. 

Will those heirloom rarity skins ever drop from the system? or are they just obtainable by buying from other players?

How long will the skin package for Winona be purchasable?

THEORY

Wagstaff built the portal that destroyed the factory to try and save someone?

I believe there are three candidates:

1) Maxwell, because it is presumably he who shared with Wagstaff the occult knowledge contained in Codex Umbra.

2) Webber, because maybe it's his son, and it seems natural to me that a father wants to recover a child at all costs.

3) Wx-78, because perhaps it was his attempt to build a new body to "transfuse" his conscience to become immortal.

OR

Wagstaff is the father of Charlie and Winona (that's why Winona worked right in the same factory) and he was also deceived by Charlie as his sister.

But also, why was Charlie kidnapping Winona instead of Maxwell? Perhaps he had already managed to escape the throne thanks to Wilson? Then Wagstaff entered only long after all the others in the Constant.

Why, if more than anyone should have had the knowledge to build a portal?

How come he would have waited so long? He was afraid? Was he afraid of what would he go to?

Will we ever have a final battle against Charlie to free her from "They" and finally get out of the Constant and go home?

Well, nice video anyway. Beautiful temperament Winona, before it seemed to me an anonymous and forgettable character, now has finally the dignity and the thickness it deserves!

1 час назад SadeceAtakan сказал:

Я не думаю, что этот цветок принадлежит Венди. Это связано с картиной Чарли.

picture.png

согласен

Абигейл - племянница Максвелла, и она не имеет ничего общего с Чарли.

12 minutes ago, Sir.Fux said:

Pretty nice, a ~ 29,5% chance to get at least one elegant per week. 

Will those heirloom rarity skins ever drop from the system? or are they just obtainable by buying from other players?

How long will the skin package for Winona be purchasable?

That is actually an insane boost in odds, considering it was only a ~ 2% chance before the update!

This is amazing! I've always liked Winona's voice and dialogue, but she wasn't that interesting to me in play style. Sooooo glad she got some new features, I'm eager to try it out asap.

Plus, new drop rates are great. I have found it a bit disappointing that after literally years and thousands of hours gameplay I only got two heads through gameplay. I think the improvements sound a lot more fair!

And this animation might be the best one yet! What a great day. :D

Archived