Post your Winter Update weirdness!

Sliver

This is not an official bug posting thread, this is just to show off some of the weirdness that happens when a new update comes out. If you have a real bug to report, please do so in the actual bug section of the forum.

Forest fishing!

Posted Image

Winter came early this year...for about one minute...and it didn't get cold...but still early!

Posted Image

I started up the new update, and found that the key I normally use to bring up the steam overlay ("Page Down") crashes the game every time I press it. I swapped the key for the overlay, and everything is fine now... though, it's still kinda weird that Don't Starve has a self-destruct button.EDIT: It appears PgDn does more than crash the game on the menu; it actually toggles winter in-game!EDIT 2: Nope, game must have been patched, because it doesn't do that anymore :abnormal:

Edited by ClockworkMalice

The farm plots with a shovel next to them are nice if you find them on day 1. :) The glitch roads annoy me, the black textureless ones show up on the maps, but the normal ones don't.Also, wormholes don't seem to be near roads anymore and the walrus camps are next to all of them. My old strategy of building a base on a wormhole might be over now.

post-4327-1376459147114_thumb.jpgThis was THE most amazing fight... Although I forgot to screenshot the actual fight, the remnants of epicness remains.So it all started with me noticing the clock... less than a quarter of day and over half evening. I got freaked out, and thought OMG I MUST GET WINTER HATSo I went to my beefalos during night to shave them, but little did I know that I had my spear equipped... So I spent the whole night running around the fireplace like mad D:And when it went out, i noticed I had a torch in my inventory. I activated the torch after a little while, long enough for the beefalos to fall asleep and deaggro. I survived! :Dpost-4327-13764591471754_thumb.jpgAnd there we go, winter at day 12. Really amazing update, it gives sanity so much more depth, and it made me feel scared for the first time since sanity update before the hotfix.Great work Klei!