A Winter's Tale Update Release Notes

Kevin

So werepigs kite like normal pigs..No biggie! There still is a way to kill them easily without them even able to hit you at all(and you don't have to use the bush hat/other pigmen either)! nyehahahaha..

Bee mines? Beefalos?

No fancy mines or Beefalo needed!Let me give a little hint:Their hunger is bigger than their need to kill you(allthough they might swipe your way if you are out of the "pattern") ;)

So you put lines of seeds on the ground and kill them while they are eating?Throw stack of 20 monster meat in the center of the village, watch the show, take whats left after that.Anyway you should tell clearly what you do, so it can be fixed, once you learn cheap tricks game lose its value. Edited by _Q_

So you put lines of seeds on the ground and kill them while they are eating?Anyway you should tell clearly what you do, so it can be fixed, once you learn cheap tricks game lose its value.

Yeah,true dat.I'll share this little thing here and how to do it,so hopefully it can be fixed :)1 seed is enough,but you might need more.When the pig transforms into a werepig and a seed lies between you and him,he will target the seed and do the little eating animation.If you wack it during the animation it will reset the eating animation,and he will attempt to eat the seed again.There is a small chance the werepig will try to hit you but his main focus is eating the seed,or basically any edible item.Rinse and repeat untill the werepig is death. It's like the way hounds preferred to eat (monster) meat instead of targeting you initially before the winter update

I'd rather you make mandrakes really rare but renewable and stop nerfing the health out of honey. Otherwise, I love everything. Seriously though, I liked that there was one item whose specialty was health. It didn't make the game too easy, it cut out the time I had to huddle at my campsite waiting for my health to climb back up before I could go back to exploring. (And I HAD to, because I still needed something to eat because honey filled next to no hunger.) I would really love if honey went back to healing health but not hunger, and maybe keep it so it doesn't generate as fast as it did from the bee boxes. And if you want to keep the game from being too easy, the idea of honey giving you hunger never made sense to me. We've already got a lot of ways to get food, and we have almost no ways of getting significant health. It's unbalanced, dude. And I still dislike the new research system. Can't you give us the option to keep what we've unlocked or not? That way those who want to unlock everything every time and those who don't can do so. Maybe you can unlock that option from adventure mode?

I'm sure all the "seasoned" players will roll their eyes and come out of the wood works to explain how easy the game is but all my friends and myself are no longer having fun with the game.

tl;dr Me and my friend that shares the same taste in game does not like the rouge-like genre you are heading and thus would like to illogically alter the course of the game so it fits my taste rather than actually fining another game that fits my ( read me and my friends ) taste, I un-educationally gives an recommendation of how you should design your game.

Damn noob whining is gonna ruin the game. The update is good as it is still easy to survive if you use some strategies instead of running like stupid into a monster horde.

Don't reinforce stereotypes, Foxbrook is entitled to their opinion.I feel like the only way to make everyone happy is to seriously beef up the capabilities of the (AWESOME) settings menu. Allow us to change the general shape of the map to be generated, spider difficulty, amount of mandrakes, sanity, extra bag slot, all of that!

All in all winter is nice, but the fact that all unharvested grass, twigs and berries stay for winter ready harvest is little disappointing, but that just me.

Yes, I agree. I expected these plants to either enter some state of "hibernation" or just not grow back during the winter.Wait, do they grow back? I'm always slaughtered out of the blue by Deerclops away from my base during the night before I can catch a glimpse.

The trees are evergreens they grow year round even in snow and ice so it makes since you can plant them in the winter.

Now try to dig up to dirt during winter, everything is frozen. We don't have to be realistic here, but just reasonable. Winter = no growth and planting for everything.I don't like that after planting you can instantly cut that tree and get 2 pieces of wood.

Now try to dig up to dirt during winter, everything is frozen. We don't have to be realistic here, but just reasonable. Winter = no growth and planting for everything.I don't like that after planting you can instantly cut that tree and get 2 pieces of wood.

IMO, things should still grow in the winter season, just at a ridiculously slow rate. Realistically, some things still are alive in the winter, just frost bitten and whatnot, but still if you want to put realism in game, some things should still be growing, just at a ridiculously slow rate, if its put like this.

Please don't make it so that nothing grows during winter at all... Winter is already obscenely boring. If you removed planting trees and twigs and grass growing then there would be NOTHING to do during winter except hire pigs to kill stuff for you and kill rabbits and birds... And then when summer is back you would be forced to do mostly just stockpiling for the winter since you cant get anything during winter.Im down for difficulty, but not if it means restricting all the choices a player has and forcing you to play the game only 1 way.Even now winter already forces some very strict goals as to what you need to accomplish before winter arrives or your chance of survival is almost none.