A Winter's Tale Update Release Notes

Kevin

i really hate the new map gen...which we can get the old map option =(

I don't hate it, but I think we need to have different KINDS of maps, similar to Civ 5. Like, you have long snakey bridgeways with small islands filled with only 1 resource, or circular islands, or a Pangaea-style continent....

I just found the ring thing....In a ring of flowers....On a patch of grassland in a ring of swampland.Another feature added: Ringception!(I wonder if I can find the metal potato thing in a potato-shaped clump of potato plants?)

i would rather have a circle map like before, i really love that map layout....it's not so messy....new map give me a headache

Well, you're supposed to hate the world and want to escape it right? ;)I think it's kinda neat, since it creates this eerie feeling while wondering the world.Also, once again the update looks absolutely amazing.. winter, here I come!

Why the Mandrakes for the Pan flutes ? This makes no sense... luckily I knew and filled a chest with pan flutes :3

I'm afraid it makes perfect sense. Mandrakes are already associated with magical sleep - and pan flutes are very powerful in the right circumstances. Making them a limited and precious commodity is perfectly reasonable.

Well, you're supposed to hate the world and want to escape it right? ;)I think it's kinda neat, since it creates this eerie feeling while wondering the world.Also, once again the update looks absolutely amazing.. winter, here I come!

I also really like the new maps, they seem less constructed. Im not sure if that is a good thing since this is supposed to be a world "made" by Maxwell to punish us or torture us or whatever. But I definitely like the variety and surprise of the new maps.However, I completely disagree with the point that we should "hate the world". Why am I playing this game if I hate the world? This new update adds many more challenges, and it is great the creators have added a sandbox mode with varying levels of difficulty. However, there should be a point where new "twists and turns" are slowly tapered off and existing game mechanics are finely tuned and the overall balance of the game is attended to. There are still bugs in the forums that haven't been addressed, bugs which in my opinion make the game less playable and less fun. I feel like Im still adjusting to the previous changes (insanity) when suddenly totally new features are added...even though the problems (bugs, balance issues) with the insanity aspect havent been fully worked out yet. While I am completely blown away by the moderator and creators participation in the forums; they are very supportive of fans and listen to their fans, I would hope that they dont sacrifice a well balanced and "finished" product for just adding more and more "stuff". I always enjoyed reaching a point of equilibrium in a game where I am super awesome and can kill anything and survive anything. At least for a little while. When I get bored I can always start a new game. However, do I really want to play a game that I am trying as hard as i can to finish because it has become "work" and not "fun"? At some point I think it should be feasible that once the player escapes the "demon" worlds they could reach a friendlier world in which they could play with less constant tasks and upkeep. It would be nice to be the King of this world and replace Maxwell even. Because in the end dont we want to get him back for trapping us here??Anyways just my two cents. I love the game and am a fan of the creators :)- Sara Edited by saraam

I'm a bit confused on why it now takes a mandrake to create a panflute. I get the whole "magical sleep" thing someone noted earlier, but I would see more of a mandrake to be used to make like, a hound whistle to make the hounds run away or be controlled or something based on the abilities of the mandrakes scream rather than making one sleep.As far as "Charlie" I had no idea it was sometimes a nickname for the Grue.I just hope with the winter hat and winter vest combination I will survive the whole winter, I noticed in the update video with both of those on Wilson and other characters they still seemed to take freeze damage.However, I love the Mactusk & son addition, looks awesome!I'm sure there will be some more tweaks later on, but so far this winter update looks pretty intriguing all in all.