Winona's Character Update is Coming Next Week!

Was Winona's ability to take a hit from Charlie replaced with the spotlight? It's difficult to discern from the post and I haven't seen anything that says otherwise (outside of her tape remaining).

Also consumes hunger, meaning 1 craft = X points of hunger, or a faster hunger drain? The subtle difference would determine if the Belt of Hunger and Mushhats would take affect. Though we'll obviously learn its nature upon its release.

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

Was Winona's ability to take a hit from Charlie replaced with the spotlight? It's difficult to discern from the post and I haven't seen anything that says otherwise (outside of her tape remaining).

Also consumes hunger, meaning 1 craft = X points of hunger, or a faster hunger drain? The subtle difference would determine if the Belt of Hunger and Mushhats would take affect. Though we'll obviously learn its nature upon its release.

If they haven't taken out the FlexTape, it is pretty much granted that they will leave that perk in too. 

She is Charlie's sister after all :)

And the hunger thing, I assume it will be points per craft. I mean, if you are not "speedcrafting", it shouldn't decrease your hunger. 

45 minutes ago, Misa22 said:

If they haven't taken out the FlexTape, it is pretty much granted that they will leave that perk in too. 

And the hunger thing, I assume it will be points per craft. I mean, if you are not "speedcrafting", it shouldn't decrease your hunger. 

It would be so cool if she can decide when to speed crafting and when not to

36 minutes ago, Misa22 said:

I wonder about the speedcrafting. I wouldn't like to spend too much hungerpoints for speedcrafting if I can spend my spare time with crafting at a camp fire during the night. 

31 minutes ago, zIOZ said:

It would be so cool if she can decide when to speed crafting and when not to

Or if she could choose from the recipes what she should speedcraft and what she shouldn't. Personally I'd choose to speedcraft torches, campfires, and weapons tab items.

50% of me is THRILLED because new gameplay and concepts!!

...and the other 50% of me is thrilled wondering if theoretically a small spider child, a ghost, and a bereaved could be launched for fun from the catapult.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:07 AM, JoeW said:

There were no changes made to her tape other than it now also being used to craft her new buildings. 

59 minutes ago, Mr. Matt said:

flextape2.png.ba56149359c6bd2177bf346f4c9a7198.png

Basically, the same perks stay (+ hunger affecting speed-crafting) with Winona, but she have her own stuff now. 

Perhaps, ¿A new (and exclusive) Crafting Tab will be added for this? 

For the sound of it, her stuff really fits in the science tab if you ask me. 

But it would be nice to add a "character specific" tab. You know, sometimes it's not easy figuring out (for new players, mostly) where certain things are. 

It's a step up from what she is now for sure! I still don't think she will ever be for me, but it's cool she actually brings some new devices to the table to make her stand out.I figured the first character update could be good insight on what may follow for the others, and it looks like a good start.

I'm excited for the animation as well!!!

17 hours ago, Willyhoo said:

...and the other 50% of me is thrilled wondering if theoretically a small spider child, a ghost, and a bereaved could be launched for fun from the catapult.

Imagine if we could launch Willow. Just pack her with gunpowder and we have exploding bomb.

I hope that the mobs can damage the catapult or the generator, much like they would attack a houndius, and you can use winonas tape to fix it. Or even better, that only winona knows how to fix it (im thinking about the TF2 engineer, yes)

It would give further use for the tape and relevance for winona to stay in a party, and not just craft the devices and then switch to wolfgang.

42 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i can already imagine the servers... "That Wino stole my nitire!"

Well technically booster shots are only used early game and as players get better in the game its rare that many are needed, since switching to life amulets and meat effigies is quite easy. Then nitre is forgotten until summer mostly, and not even then is that relevant. And mass crafting gunpowder is also a rare late game thing.

So overall I doubt this will be as much of an issue as it is with WX noobs eating the first gears.

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Well technically booster shots are only used early game and as players get better in the game its rare that many are needed, since switching to life amulets and meat effigies is quite easy. Then nitre is forgotten until summer mostly, and not even then is that relevant. And mass crafting gunpowder is also a rare late game thing.

So overall I doubt this will be as much of an issue as it is with WX noobs eating the first gears.

lol yeah but imagine like a full lobby of Winonas all fighting for the nitre

which will probally happen for everyone wants to play the new wino

14 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

A nitre and gem famine will start.

That's why you will be able to construct a new weapon of war - the catapult! It will help you wage a war for gems and nitre - which fuel the catapult! And thus completes a circle for a war over resources that nobody wanted in the first place - except for the Moleworms!

PS.

Don't worry, I love the red and blue gems. They are pretty to look at and it's fun to use them for decoration and stash and sort them in chests, haha.

Archived