Winona's Character Update is Coming Next Week!

Well, still no reason to pick her over The Big Three, it seems a lot of her gimmicks work around base building now. I will hold my judgment on those structures for now until release.  I really like the crafting speed being tied to her hunger level but spending hunger points on speed crafting is a bad idea imo. If we could get mechanics that work similar to Wolfgang's strength + movement buffs from hunger , where high hunger level allows her to perform gathering and crafting tasks faster and vice versa, low hunger means lower gathering and crafting speed. No changes to Mending Tape are a bit disappointing though.

16 hours ago, JoeW said:

winona_short_teaser.png

Ei todo mundo, 

A primeira atualização de personagens para Don't Starve Together está chegando na próxima semana em 7 de março!

Winona tem trabalhado duro desde o desembarque no Constant, e ela inventou algumas novas ferramentas engenhosas! Sempre pronta para arregaçar as mangas e dar uma mãozinha, suas novas invenções Catapultas e Holofotes certamente manterão seus novos amigos a salvo, não importando quais perigos cheguem ao seu caminho.

Catapulta de Winona

• Requer um gerador recarregável para poder
  • AOE dano ao inimigo mais próximo

Spotlight de Winona

• Requer um gerador recarregável para poder
  • Ilumina o aliado mais próximo

Geradores Recarregáveis

• Gerador de Winona
    • Fornece cerca de um dia de energia
    • Requer nitro como combustível
  • GEMerator de Winona
    • Fornece 6 dias de poder 
    • Requer pedras preciosas como combustível

No entanto, a atitude de canona de Winona tem um custo: 

• Winona agora consome a fome quando a produção de velocidade
  • Winona agora trabalha devagar quando está com fome (sem custo de fome)

Com a atualização, também teremos um novo curta animado e algumas mudanças enormes no sistema de queda.

Você não vai querer perder isso.

Te vejo quinta-feira!

Please do not end Wolfgang's strength. When he receives the rework.

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

With the update we will also have a new animated short and some huge changes to the drop system.

BOY OH BOY YOU DOn'T EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH I ANTICIPATE THIS.
Legit, I've put a lot of thought into how the drop system could be reworked while making it engaging and sensible (even made a topic about how to begin a while back), and I just want to see what you guys came up with.
System design h y p e.

15 hours ago, SpikeGuy said:

I'm hoping to get a glimpse of Wagstaff somewhere in there. The preview seems to be in a factory setting, so I'm not sure if we'll see Charlie.

Little as I find myself playing her, Winona has some of the most interesting lore connections/implications attached to her. This should be fun.

8 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

This is exciting! I sure hope the generators can be used for more than the exclusive structures. Maybe give slight buffs to WX's in the vicinity? Either way, I hope to see her in action soon. :) 

...so uh.
We're gonna mod this thing as an alternative to charge him, right?

7 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

We're gonna mod this thing as an alternative to charge him, right?

Maybe...

Spoiler

*thinks about a future mod about Generators being charged with "biofuel" (aka poop), like the Flingomatic*

3 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

BOY OH BOY YOU DOn'T EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH I ANTICIPATE THIS.
Legit, I've put a lot of thought into how the drop system could be reworked while making it engaging and sensible (even made a topic about how to begin a while back), and I just want to see what you guys came up with.
System design h y p e.

Maybe we'll find out who's the guy who's saying these lines?:wilson_shocked:

START =
            {
                "Greetings, mortal. Have you brought chests? I'll be happy to reveal your gifts, if so.",
                "Greetings, mortal. I sense a chest in your possession! Please, be my guest.",
                "Greetings, mortal. Come to receive gifts from the Shadow realm? You need only open your chests.",
       START_EMPTY =
            {
                "Greetings, mortal. No chests today? A shame.",
                "Greetings, mortal. I sense you have no chests. You have been adventuring, yes?",
                "Greetings, mortal. Chests to find their way to you on your travels. I'll be here, until then.",
      IDLE =
            {
                "It seems you've a few admirers lurking in the shadows.",
                "Do you ever tire of that ratty old mortal body?",
                "[Sigh] Immortality is such a burden.",
                "You're a long way from home are you not, little mortal?",
                "[Chortle] Have you met her yet?",
                "Your realm is a bit frazzled around the edges, hm?",
                "Tell me, have you traveled through the Gateway yet?",
                "Be at ease, mortal. We exist outside time, here.",
                "I'll admit, I've always found Chesters endearing.",
                "[Chortle] You mortals have been quite enamored with the throne, haven't you?",
                "[The shadow murmurs something, but you cannot comprehend the words.]",

On 1.03.2019 at 11:04 PM, JoeW said:

winona_short_teaser.png

This is extremly similar to Wilson assembling the portal to the constant.

Could my theory be true? 

Could Winona... had been informed by Maxwell, in a letter, what could've happened (and had happened) and did he leave instructions for building another portal, so she could come and rescue in case it happened? Did Maxwell predict what was going to happen, because he already managed to get out before (The intermission puzzle, hidden image)?

45 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

This is extremly similar to Wilson assembling the portal to the constant.

Could my theory be true? 

Could Winona... had been informed by Maxwell, in a letter, what could've happened (and had happened) and did he leave insturctions for building another portal, so she could come and rescue in case it happened? Did Maxwell predict what was going to happen, because he once managed to get out before already (The intermission puzzle, hidden image)?

or she's just working, ya know, she's a factory worker

4 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

Could Winona... had been informed by Maxwell, in a letter, what could've happened (and had happened) and did he leave insturctions for building another portal, so she could come and rescue in case it happened? Did Maxwell predict what was going to happen, because he once managed to get out before already (The intermission puzzle, hidden image)?

well its through a radio for the odd radios examine line from Halloween she says"that's the last time i mess with radios"

Archived