Winona's Character Update is Coming Next Week!

It just hit me. 

• Winona is getting a rework in DST (March). She worked in the Voxola factory.
  • Willow is getting reworked in DST (April). She is notorious for starting fires.
  • Wagstaff is getting added to DS (April). He owned(?) the Voxola factory. 

If that's not a perfect setup for explaining the Voxola factory burning down, and Wagstaff disappearing, then I don't know what is.

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:
  • Winona is getting a rework in DST (March). She worked in the Voxola factory.
  • Willow is getting reworked in DST (April). She is notorious for starting fires.

If that's not apophenia setting us up, I don't know what is. Willow could've been persuaded by Maxwell to start the fires at the factory.

Who knows, the winona short might be a ongoing story.

2 hours ago, Marco BR said:

@JoeW

Will it be the same day for the consoles?

It's all going to be up to cert. If it's not same day it will be soon after! 

1 hour ago, Misa22 said:

But... What about the FlexTape? Don't you dear taking that away, Klei! Lmao! 

This is kinda what i wanted. I like exclusive craftings, but i feel like they are less valuable now that you can change characters? 

Still, this is a step in the right direction imo. I am eager to see Wilson's new stuff, for example. 

SCIENCE, BOI. 

There were no changes made to her tape other than it now also being used to craft her new buildings. 

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

winona_short_teaser.png

Hey Everybody, 

The first Character Update for Don't Starve Together is coming next week on March 7th!

Winona has been hard at work since landing in the Constant, and she’s invented a couple new ingenious tools! Always ready to roll up her sleeves and lend a helping hand, her new Catapult and Spotlight inventions will be sure to keep her new pals safe, no matter what dangers head their way.

Winona’s Catapult

• Requires a rechargeable Generator to power
  • AOE damage to the nearest enemy

Winona’s Spotlight

• Requires a rechargeable Generator to power
  • Illuminates the nearest ally

Rechargeable Generators

• Winona’s Generator
    • Provides about a day’s worth of power
    • Requires nitre as fuel
  • Winona’s G.E.M.erator
    • Provides 6 day’s worth of power 
    • Requires gems as fuel

However, Winona’s can-do attitude comes at a cost: 

• Winona now consumes hunger when speed-crafting
  • Winona now crafts slowly when hungry (with no hunger cost)

With the update we will also have a new animated short and some huge changes to the drop system.

You won't want to miss this.

See you Thursday!

Oooh these sound awesome!!

45 minutes ago, JoeW said:

There were no changes made to her tape other than it now also being used to craft her new buildings. 

i like the idea of her just literally duct taping highly complex machines together

so is there a way to voluntarily use normal crafting so you don't become a food draining monster for your team like a full Wolfgang just by doing stuff like crafting? or will you have to deal with draining food all the time to craft bear necessities?

or will it be a manageable amount of hunger drained?

Those catapults sound amazing. I mean, I love Houndius Shootius(s) and they aren't even aoe! I wonder how they'll compare. I sincerely hope they aren't too powerful but regardless, it's gonna be awesome!!

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

winona_short_teaser.png

With the update we will also have a new animated short and some huge changes to the drop system.

You won't want to miss this.

a new animated short

Hot diggity dang, and I even posted about something like this. Absolutely can't wait, and will definitely not miss this. 

Let me rephrase about the spotlights themselves. Unlike mushlights which give off light on a certain area spotlights work the exact opposite of it, it focuses the light from the closest player henceforth the name spotlight. Mushlights are better due to their stationary nature of light its just that spotlights will take as an alternative solution before acquiring a more suitable permanent lighting.

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

I imagine gears will be used to craft her new buildings as well. Start stock piling now people!

Archived