Well..., I'd go with 17.1428571428571428571428571...kW (a little less), minus the drain from the smart batteries (I'll neglect it - or just count it towards the power drain).   Sounds like you understand the bug the same way I do, and this matches with my experiments. Basically, the bug just has transformers draw equal amounts of power from every battery type (dead or alive), provided at least one battery has stored power.  For those who want the formula, here's how we got this 17.2kW. At all times, the 5 transformers draw power from 7 batteries (6 dead tiny batteries and 1 smart battery).  Of the drawn power (20kW), one battery needs to be filled at all times (assuming you are drawing max power), so 1/7 of the drawn power is required to refill the draining battery. This leaves 6/7 of the 20kW (so 6/7*20=17.14kW) as usable power. You could spike above this total in small bursts, without any problem, provided your average was under 17.14 kW.  As long as your battery never actually empties, it will replenish itself. For this reason, I set my smart batteries at 80/50 instead of 80/20, just to deal with potential spikes in power usage, and add an extra smart battery on the charging side to deal with larger loads. If you only have 1 dead battery, then you have a 10kW power plant.  If you have 2 dead batteries, then you have  2/3*20 = 13.333kW power plant.  With 3 dead batteries you get 3/4 *20 = 15kW power plant.  With 9 dead batteries you get a 9/10*20=18kW power plant, etc.  @nakomaru, if you want to abuse this even more, then you can submerge the batteries in tiny amounts of liquid (a layer of 35-70g polluted water, topped by a layer of 35-75g water - basically anything under 1500g will trigger this bug though the smaller the better - vacuum on one layer of liquid works too, but not all vacuum), and completely neglect heat created by the batteries and transformer. Of course, with a homemade geyser constantly supplying 3C water, heat management can be ignored. I use this on my kilns to keep ceramic production at 100% uptime, never needing to worry about overheating. Here's more info.