Any non-debug Turbine builds?

My headcanon on this is that a J is actually a lot of DTUs. The humble space heater will output 150 DTU per J. If we assume that each Joule in the electrical system is 150 DTUs, our steam turbine with 4 blocked ports runs at 49.5% efficiency, which really isn't that unreasonable of a number.

@lee1026 Small issue. If we take an item and use it as a reference for J->DTU conversion then we end up with 1348% when we use the tepidizer(4233.33 DTU/j) as the baseline. Which kinda fits along with the H2 gen outperforming real world counterparts.

But I agree, 49.5%(I got 47.8..?) is an agreeable number. 

The game is all over the place for the J->DTU conversion,  so there is a lot of potential values to pick from. The large battery throws off 375 DTU per J lost, and the smart battery throws off 750DTU per J. But importantly, I don't think there is any building that only throws off a single DTU per J. Our humble lightbulb throws off 500 DTU for a mere 10 J.

Breakeven on the steam turbine with 1 port open is 313 DTU/J.

You could help me to balance it: https://github.com/rainbowdesign/OxygenNotIncluded-Mods/blob/master/SteamTurbineAlternative.dll

the idea is: it should be easy to handle and balanced enough to be not abuse able and still consume enough heat to consume a lava biome slowly.

Right now i think it might be too easy to use from the values but i have not really tested it. So please provide testing data.

This are the values right now:

turbine.emitTemperature = 277.15f; (in kelvin means this is water)
            turbine.pumpKGRate = 0.2f;( multiplied by 5 means this is 1k/s for the turbine)

this setup needs around 0.4-0.5 times the heat of the normal steam turbine.

On 2/21/2019 at 4:24 PM, lee1026 said:

you can stack steam turbines on top of each other,

But the output steam from the turbine below is too cold for the turbine above it, or is it not?

On 2/21/2019 at 4:45 PM, R9MX4 said:

It's just a matter of mood.

Mood!

On 2/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, ishakaru said:

I'm starting to wonder if blocking 4 ports really is an exploit. The code checks to see if all 5 ports are open... displays an error box and does nothing else.

I kinda have a theory that they don’t wanna fix it cuz people have created so many stuff out of it. #GoodBug

3 hours ago, goatt said:

I kinda have a theory that they don’t wanna fix it cuz people have created so many stuff out of it. #GoodBug

I feel the same. Also if they make it produce a worthwile amount of power then with the amount of designs and exploits already discovered it might get out of control instantly. On the other hand how to make those things usable by the average beginner player that would like to get some power but can`t possibly come up with a design even close to what is needed for it to work currently.

Archived