Power free. 5x4 sterilising room

If you are like me and don't like Food poisoning in your base, even though its not much of a threat, then you might be interested in this power efficient or minimal area sterilising room.

No need for germ sensor or feedback. you can either replace the Liquid shutoff (if it actually consumes power one day) with another tank+door if you want to be zero power and have more space. 

oni_sterilizer_mk3a.png

oni_sterilizer_mk3b.png

oni_sterilizer_mk3c.png

oni_sterilizer_mk3d.png

Just now, Grimgaw said:

Why though?

Have you ever played with weak immunity? Once the dupes touch the Pdirt they carry the germs to every thing else they touch including food

While I'm sure there are ways to avoid it with lots of micromanaging, it would be easier to simply sterilize the PW before sieving it

2 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

While I'm sure there are ways to avoid it with lots of micromanaging

You got the germs into water somehow, I'm sure you can use the same method to get them there again, and one would hope that it's not too micromanage'y. 

3 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

You got the germs into water somehow, I'm sure you can use the same method to get them there again. 

you mean wash hands?

that doesn't clean the Pdirt the dupes carry and as soon as they deliver it they become covered in germs again

so unless you plan to build ore scrubbers and wash basins all over your base then...

7 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Why though?

why not?

Just now, Neotuck said:

you mean wash hands?

that doesn't clean the Pdirt the dupes carry and as soon as they deliver it they become covered in germs again

So your plan is to put sink between sieve and compost? How about putting both behind one sink, would that work?

4 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

So your plan is to put sink between sieve and compost? How about putting both behind one sink, would that work?

and what do you think would happen when the dupes carried out the fresh dirt from the compost?

the germs will be on the dirt and the dupes will be infecting everything they touch 

why is this hard to understand?

6 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

and what do you thing would happen when the dupes cared out the fresh dirt from the compost?

Dirt comes out at 75C so unless you're somehow cleaning slimelung out pH2O the food poisoning will be dead before dupe arrives to collect it.

5 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Dirt comes out at 75C so unless you're somehow cleaning slimelung out pH2O the food poisoning will be dead before dupe arrives to collect it.

things might be different on your game, they don't die that fast on hard difficulty

Very nice, Neotuck.

I've been sterilizing the clean water (post-sieve) and trying to deal with germs on the polluted dirt with a sink, but as you've clearly explained here, that doesn't work 100%.  Don't know why I never thought to clean the pH2O first, this is brilliant.

23 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Mine's only 4*4 and also is power free

sterilizes my bathroom, med bay, and shower room

extra water and Pdirt is germ free

easy to build without debug

Really like this Idea, ive not researched germ detectors, but will try out this method next

2 hours ago, fifty_ducks said:

OP, what are the clock sensors and liquid shutoff set to? I don't see them anywhere in the scrnshots.

Hey, just set to 50% on and 50% off. yeah sorry realised i forgot to explain that part.

23 hours ago, Yunru said:

This will fail as soon as you have any large volume of food poisoning.

It takes approximately 3 days to sterilise in chlorine.

I was using 3 tank stages on a previous play through, I might need to expand this one, but seems to have dealt with the water from my toilets well enough

2 hours ago, bummins said:

Really like this Idea, ive not researched germ detectors, but will try out this method next

Here's an automation overlay:

The upper germ sensor is set to send a signal to the door when it detects 1 or more germs 

The buffer gate is set to 135s to ensure all germs are dead before the door closes

The lower germ sensor is set to send a signal to the shutoff valve is 0 germs are detected, if any germs survives the chlorine then the shutoff closes and the germy PW returns to the tank

13.thumb.png.8341e75a5e2abb24604ed66923b12445.png

Germy PW goes in...

15.thumb.png.4fb2a0e5aff68ce1619f77e805294cec.png

135 seconds later germ free PW comes out...

16.thumb.png.f42fa16f0430c72c841035d0acda70e7.png

10 minutes ago, goatt said:

i'm confused, why in my game sterilising water costs chlorine, but everybody's sterilising setup doesn't have a continuous chlorine input?

you might need to elaborate

what do you mean by "why in my game sterilising water costs chlorine"?

Archived