Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

4ert

[Gameplay] keyboard bug Loss of character control

4ert    0

Hi, guys.

Sorry for my bad english. 

Platform 

Steam PC, windows 10. I5 8600 intel processor USB keyboard and wireless USB mouse.

Do you use mods?

yes : russian language pack, storeroom, amulet and backpack slots.

Version Number 309157, but the bug have place from the update "home sea home" for DLC shipwrecked.

When i am playing the game several times per the game day in the left corner of the screen (bot and top corners) appears debug information (look under the spoiler). So in this time when i use WASD keyboard keys and space key that means "Action" (standart control options), I am loss control of character. The character keeps running in some direction before i randomly press WASD keys. The keys seems to stick... If I pick items using the mouse the bug not appears, only when I use space key. 

I reinstalled the game, delete mods and the steam... nothing helps. When i press backspace debug information disappear but from some times appears again and i again loss of craracter control. The bug repeated in all updates from update home sea home.= (

So I dont know what to do...

Spoiler

5c68704a320fe_.thumb.png.602553ba81ac9112ae57fac5ef1d8835.png

log.txt

1TeeMo    20

I often have that too, especially when the game is saving my character just keeps walking even when I'm not pressing anything after.

Misco    20

Lol My favorite is when i camera pan as it saves and it gives me the whirly dizzies untill i press the same direction pan(Q or E) respectively, again the opposite one does nothing.

JanH    5,621

@4ertSorry to hear that you are having trouble with controls. Let's walk through these steps:

1) Should you run into the control issue where debug info popping up, or the controls getting stuck, please send us a bug report from in-game. (Main Menu>Options>Report Bug)

2) Please give a short description of the issue and your forum username before sending the bug report. Completing the process sends us copies of your save files as well as the description. (This may take about a minute to upload the files). 

3) Once the bug report has been sent, could we get you to reset your keyboard binds/layout to their default values? (Main menu: Options>Controls>Reset>Apply)