Recently Discovered a CopyCat Server

1 minute ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Simple: post in your Discord and/or Group what-it-is that some BillyBobby is trolling you with same naming of their server because.. butterflies and rainbows I guess. Since is only concerning your Discord/Servers Group. And solely people from your Steam Group are seeing with special-icon and first-in-their-servers-list your server. For other people matters not. If you target new people.. ok: let them decide by the quality of your provided service if they will join your Steam Group or not.

This is pretty much what it's looking I'm going to have to do. I was hoping to solve the issue in earnest here but I'm not going to waste my time or beleaguer the point further than this considering there's legitimately nothing I can do to stop him in this case. Hopefully he'll decide to change it after all of this, but as of now all I can do is inform my users the best of my ability.

5 hours ago, ButteryStancake said:

Mulk,

The recent change on my server was done at the request of one of my users once they realized that your server's details had changed. For fairness, we held a poll, and it passed by unanimous consensus, and I know how much you like those.

I am not one to override something we voted on, but I will poll again to change the name to something a bit more reasonable.

Thanks,

Butt Cakes

Not my place to intervene. But seriously? You're letting some people decide what you do with a server, and they happen to choose the 1 thing that'll cause more problems. Like, it's cool you're polling again, but you honestly shouldn't be tailing Mulk's server name. It gets confusing, and at that, frustrating for people trying to join Mulk's server.

42 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Not my place to intervene. But seriously? You're letting some people decide what you do with a server, and they happen to choose the 1 thing that'll cause more problems. Like, it's cool you're polling again, but you honestly shouldn't be tailing Mulk's server name. It gets confusing, and at that, frustrating for people trying to join Mulk's server.

i think they were trying to change the server name so it's less confusing since it had the same server name as mrmulk's server, but then when they changed it, mrmulk also changed his server's name around the same time so they accidentally got identical names again

9 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

tell me the chances while there are literally infinite names and still both groups choose the same one?

that's right...

low as heck, the FakeGroup copied it.

you know how when you're walking outside and you're about to walk into someone so you step to the side but they also side step into the same path as yours and you awkwardly repeat this for like three times

5 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

you know how when you're walking outside and you're about to walk into someone so you step to the side but they also side step into the same path as yours and you awkwardly repeat this for like three times

where is the I don't walk option? anyways let's go back to da topic

45 minutes ago, ButteryStancake said:

yo john don't worry about it, ivocze is just upset about mulk taking our name again

he just wants to be a part of my group (like all the rest of us), and he doesn't appreciate mulk attempting to leech off our audience

image.png.3648e0fa856d45eb9cbcea913ca3805d.png

But how is it your audience? Mulk was the first, you're the second, you gained an audience by copying Mulk's server name and Desc.

4 hours ago, ButteryStancake said:

yo john don't worry about it, ivocze is just upset about mulk taking our name again

he just wants to be a part of my group (like all the rest of us), and he doesn't appreciate mulk attempting to leech off our audience

image.png.3648e0fa856d45eb9cbcea913ca3805d.png

I sent the pending thing just to speak in the group chat why did you even do it in the first place because now you are acting like a small child.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I sent the pending thing just to speak in the group chat

So you sent a request... to join the group... because... you wanted to speak in the group... and you have to be in the group to speak in it... and you wanted to speak in it... which means you wanted to join the group... is this or is this not correct, I ask...

Well I mean they obviously won’t stop changing the name to sth else than yours. So all you can do is to live with it and tell people who join it and want to stay on it, to hide the server name of the copy cat. So you can’t get them confused. You can’t stop them to leech if your success because technically they aren’t doing anything wrong and won’t be reasoned with. I see no other way , but if anyone else has an idea , I would love to know it too.

This whole thread kinda goes against community guidelines, no?

Keep arguments and personal issues private: If you’re that angry about something someone said, take a break away from the forums. If you still feel that it’s necessary to argue with someone, please do privately. Public arguments only cause hostility, distress, or discomfort for other community members. 

Also, I'm unsure if it's just a general unspoken rule, but you don't post screen caps of people outside the forums in order to publicly shame them @ButteryStancake.

6 hours ago, ButteryStancake said:

So you sent a request... to join the group... because... you wanted to speak in the group... and you have to be in the group to speak in it... and you wanted to speak in it... which means you wanted to join the group... is this or is this not correct, I ask...

THIS IS LITERALLY DUMB NOW.

I wanted to join the group not be enen friends in the group but just because I wanted to say wtf is wrong with you by copycatting because the few people deserve to know because some may not even go here.

that's two VERY different things.

• Developer

I believe there's no more constructive discussion to be held here, so I'm locking the thread.

OP, I recommend you try to contact ButteryStancake about this issue in a PM or through other means and try to come to an agreement.

Please, do not shame/attack other users on the forums.

Archived