Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

pandaman1992

crash on world customize

So the game updated today and I tried to make a new world, upon clicking the world customize button, the game crashes. i have a few mods enabled but I'm not sure if their causing it. I've sent a bug report already from in game, but i wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue. I've included a screenshot of the crash screen.

crash screen.png

it looks like my presets might be busted. I've tried with both hamlet AND reign of giants. and i still get this crash

oh right. almost forgot this  

log.txt

bizziboi    1,656

Hi - I have seen your bug-report, you and one other reported this issue.

We have a local fix for this, but that will come with the next patch.

If you want a way to play *now* with customized world settings, see the post below:

question on presets. when deleting the presets does the mean the 5 custom world presets you can have? and will that effect all the worlds that have already been created?

bizziboi    1,656

Yes, the presets deleted are the 5 custom presets and no, to the best of my knowledge (and testing) this should not affect the worlds already created.

CalistoAH    0

This doesn't work for me. The game auto updated as soon as I launched it today and now I can't customize. And I don't play with mods at all.

bizziboi    1,656
Just now, CalistoAH said:

This doesn't work for me. The game auto updated as soon as I launched it today and now I can't customize. And I don't play with mods at all.

Could you attach your log file?

CalistoAH    0

I don't have the slightest clue on how to do that. I hate to be "that" person, but could you explain how I can?

bizziboi    1,656

1 minute ago, CalistoAH said:

I don't have the slightest clue on how to do that. I hate to be "that" person, but could you explain how I can?

Easiest way is when the game shows the error screen click "Report Bug" and mention the issue and the saveslot. It'll upload your savegame and log files for us to take a look at.

CalistoAH    0

Oh, I made a bug report just before I replied here but without the saveslot. Would you like me to do so again? I only have the first slot used.

bizziboi    1,656

No worries, I just saw your bug report.

It's a red herring, your crash is unrelated to customizing the world, but a crash that was a result of the last update and happens on world load.

A hotfix for it is building, should hopefully be out in not too long.

CalistoAH    0

Thanks for the reply. I'll go back to playing on one of the consoles until it's fixed. Gotta get my daily DS time in.