Don't Starve: Hamlet Roadmap

Jason

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Just a friendly reminder that the finished characters will probably look different than these so don't get too exscited.

Smh poor Klei can't even post silhouettes without community losing its crap

at least it's a mostly good instance of everyone flipping their respective tables ^^'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Just a friendly reminder that the finished characters will probably look different than these so don't get too exscited.

jooshthonk.thumb.png.f5b345e863e51680bbc84573e0b16523.png

Lemme fix that for you:

Just a friendly reminder that these are just non-official fan speculations on the character design based off of the silhouettes provided. 

These most likely won't even closely resemble the final product, however it is perfectly normal to speculate so long as it doesn't get too out of hand.

Smh poor Klei can't even post silhouettes without community losing its crap

Well I mean yeah...the prospect of Klei teasing new characters is pretty exciting. The exact same thing happened when Klei announced that they're going to be adding DLC characters to DST, starting with what we all know is Wartox.

Spoiler

forum_newcharacter.thumb.png.9ee6001ce2ea24141b012d8cba9bd9bf.png

You 'member? Cuz I 'member. 

sipp.png.a8fabd4c892c9e87e5c62007ed3af3dd.png

Been a while since I posted anything proper, but here's an idea regarding this 'adventurer':

For whatever reason, they look female to me. A female 'adventurer' in the early 20th century that's particularly noteworthy is Amelia Earhart, an aviator known for being the first female aviator to do a solo-flight across the Atlantic. She went missing in an attempt to fly across the globe. And what happened to people that are in the Constant? They disappeared.

While it admittedly is a stretch, she does fit the profile of this new character. A globetrotting adventurer that found herself in a world in the sky, now lost and alone after her aircraft crashed. It fits the theme. The floating lands of the Hamlet and the aviation she occupied herself with. Now, of course it's not going to be straight-up Earhart, if at all, but rather an 'Don't Starve-ified' version of her. No idea what her perks would be, though.

my, this got so many likes

Edited by GentlemanFridge
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GentlemanFridge said:

Been a while since I posted anything proper, but here's an idea regarding this 'adventurer':

For whatever reason, they look female to me. A female 'adventurer' in the early 20th century that's particularly noteworthy is Amelia Earhart, an aviator known for being the first female aviator to do a solo-flight across the Atlantic. She went missing in an attempt to fly across the globe. And what happened to people that are in the Constant? They disappeared.

While it admittedly is a stretch, she does fit the profile of this new character. A globetrotting adventurer that found herself in a world in the sky, now lost and alone after her aircraft crashed. It fits the theme. The floating lands of the Hamlet and the aviation she occupied herself with. Now, of course it's not going to be straight-up Earhart, if at all, but rather an 'Don't Starve-ified' version of her. No idea what her perks would be, though.

Exact...At...ly... this is what I was thinking! Female globetrotting pilot that's crashed! It's Hamlet, up in the skies, it just fits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Exact...At...ly... this is what I was thinking! Female globetrotting pilot that's crashed! It's Hamlet, up in the skies, it just fits.

i wonder if they go for the pilots theme will they still crash in a balloon?

or will they have a plane crash?

• Like 1

As far as the "adventurers" you need to remember the greatest ethnograph known in the field: Bronisław Malinowski. While there is no W in his name, he had a friend Ignacy Witkiewicz - Witkacy, who accompanied him at the begining of his journey to Melanesia as a photographer and sketcher.

2 hours ago, GentlemanFridge said:

Oooh, we're going to be getting our first buff female character! (Maybe)

meepgasm.png.a503cf086d5112367bb32fba0c0def34.png

Spoiler

I thought the silhouette looked female to me too.

Wonder what the "W" name of the week will be for them...

I'd love for the inventor to be Wagstaff but his backstory seems to have deeper ties to DST. AFAIK DST revolves around the "official" canon, which he's a major part of, while the DLC (and characters) for DS just seem to... kind of... exist in their own satellite universe(s). Unless he's being added to both games I doubt it's him. :(

I'm really curious to see who the new explorer character is. An Amelia Earhart homage would be awesome.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:38 PM, Jason said:

We’ll also be implementing multi-roomed homes

[choir-of-angels.jpg]

Edited by NovaAva

34 minutes ago, NovaAva said:

I'd love for the inventor to be Wagstaff but his backstory seems to have deeper ties to DST. AFAIK DST revolves around the "official" canon, which he's a major part of, while the DLC (and characters) for DS just seem to... kind of... exist in their own satellite universe(s). Unless he's being added to both games I doubt it's him. :(

Well, they did say that one of these new characters will NOT be an addition to the DLC, but to the base game. If I'm not mistaken, this means that after so many years we are getting a brand new character to the main cast of DS.

Wagstaff would be an ideal addition in this manner because his lore seems to tie a lot of threads together for many characters and plot points, in both DS and DST (the inventor of the radio that got Wilson in the Constant in the first place; being Winona's boss; being the guy who built machinery seen in the Constant, etc).

It would be cool and I'm excited for it, but it might not be him, I'm trying to be levelheaded but the lore implications!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

People are going crazy over who the new characters are while I'm over here excited about having more rooms in our houses.

You are going crazy over the more rooms in your houses while I'm internally screaming about the chicken mob ( you know the roc baby one )

Edited by __IvoCZE__

4 hours ago, NovaAva said:

On the contrary:

• Wagstaff created the radios which Maxwell approached Wilson (and potentially the others through).
  • Wagstaff created WX-78.
  • Wagstaff was involved in a mysterious fire - Could be related to Willow.

The only "DST" connection is Winona:

• Wagstaff is Winona's boss.

This is important because "direct relations" aren't really a thing in DST apart from Maxwell. Everyone knows Maxwell, but they only know each other through interacting in the constant. Even Wendy, highly suggested to be Maxwell's niece, doesn't recognize him completely, and instead only feels a connection.

It would be a bit strange to have Wagstaff in DST because he directly knows WX-78 & Winona.

That said, Winona might not recognize his appearance, given his position, but she would likely recognize the name. WX-78 could very well not have any recollection of him, but his WIP skin suggests he is aware "they have not installed a heart". Again, this could simply be awareness of a creator, but not specific.

Wagstaff, however, would be entirely aware that he created WX-78.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Serrix said:

This one is still only implied, isn't it? There's a fair few hints yes, but still not confirmed?

Yeah, I shouldn't state it the way I did. It's just one of those things where the implications are pretty strong.

Not exactly, but in a similar vein to Winona being Charlie's sister. That's never actually explicitly said afaik.

Not the best example since we have an entire speech file of implications, but the point is I've thrown it into the "pretty much canon camp", until I have a reason to believe otherwise. Though as I said, that doesn't change the fact I shouldn't state it as fact.

52 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

*every Wigfrid main looks down at you**

actually...

Wiggy's pretty twiggy compared to a lot of the other characters ^^'

side thought: it's amazing how there's so much variety there is between the characters' bodytypes despite the limited art style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

actually...

Wiggy's pretty twiggy compared to a lot of the other characters ^^'

side thought: it's amazing how there's so much variety there is between the characters' bodytypes despite the limited art style.

1 off 1.25% damage output

2 yea neat