Don't Starve: Hamlet Roadmap

Jason

1 minute ago, Raspberry Milk said:

HOLY **** IT'S WAGSTAFF!

But he's the one OC thing I've made... Klei, you are truly cruel gods.

But more importantly: 

HOLY **** IT'S WARBUCKS

But Wagstaff wasn't confirmed. Likely though.

Warbucks was cut fully though.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

When was that said?

They just said they wanted to start from scratch

They said he wasn't going to return in the same thread they announced his removal. I could look for the post later, but he isn't coming back at all.
They said if anything only his perks. But Warbucks as the character will not be returning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, mrdl2010 said:

Please dont waste your effort on new character. Rarely anyone care about new characters. Just focus on improving the season and the Aporkalypse

Like... Half the people here love new characters. I'd love to have a larger official cast.

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, mrdl2010 said:

Please dont waste your effort on new character. Rarely anyone care about new characters. Just focus on improving the season and the Aporkalypse

if you want your voice to be heard, i advise you don't say it like this.

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Sounds like they're repurposing Warbucks for this new adventurer. Also the inventor kinda reminds me of my OC Dino.

Is it me or does the silhouette on the left kinda look like @Russian Philin's characters? :p

Also Wagstaff means new lore so that's exciting 0u0

The hair is similar, but it's unlikely that my character will use for the game)

IMG_20190212_185221.jpg

3 hours ago, zergologist said:

Chances are the new wagstaff might have inspiration from @ Russian Philin 's art.

:wilson_sneaky:But in fact it is not, but I am pleased.

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

They said he wasn't going to return in the same thread they announced his removal. I could look for the post later, but he isn't coming back at all.
They said if anything only his perks. But Warbucks as the character will not be returning.

well they are a explorer ... in hamlet ...

THE PROPHECY OF THE WARBUCKS IN HIS SACRED MANUEL HAVE FINALLY COME TO PASS!!

ITS THE REINCARNATION OF WARBUCKS NOW WITH 100% LESS CONTROVERSY (i hope)

(i know not the same character its just a certain character role that was lost when he was removed)

thats odd i thought this place would have blown up with comments ... weird

4 hours ago, Jason said:

New Characters
Beyond Wilba and Wormwood, we will be adding two more characters to the cast: a globetrotting adventurer lost and alone, and a mysterious inventor who finds himself exactly where he wanted to be...

We also felt it’s been awhile since we added a new character for all our base game fans, so one of these characters will be free to all Don’t Starve owners!

mystery both.png

they never said who is going to be hamlet so it is possible that they are giving us the slip and reversing who we think it will be with the other one

Edited by 4 Da LOLs
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

When was that said?

They just said they wanted to start from scratch

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Screen_Shot_2019-02-11_at_4.png

confimation from Joe

EDIT: fixed link

Edited by TrashLord
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

34 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i. e. the adventurer is the one who will be in vanilla DS while the inventor will be hamlet

i wouldn't get Wagstaff hope up yet personally

Neither character is going to be locked to Hamlet; they said all owners of Don't Starve will be receiving the characters for free - it's just that we have to wait for Hamlet to go live.

9 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

Neither character is going to be locked to Hamlet; they said all owners of Don't Starve will be receiving the characters for free - it's just that we have to wait for Hamlet to go live.

Reread the sentence again, only one of the characters will be free to all Don't Starve owners. The other will be limited to Hamlet like Wilba and Wormwood.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

We also felt it’s been awhile since we added a new character for all our base game fans, so one of these characters will be free to all Don’t Starve owners!

Spoiler

Hoping it's the presumable Wagstaff that gets added to base game though. Then there's a chance he gets ported to Together as well..?

Edited by Serrix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

1 minute ago, Serrix said:

Reread the sentence again, only one of the characters will be free to all Don't Starve owners. The other will be limited to Hamlet like Wilba and Wormwood.

yeah see!

8 minutes ago, Serrix said:

Hide contents

Hoping it's the presumable Wagstaff that gets added to base game though. Then there's a chance he gets ported to Together as well..?

oh, my bad. must've misread it ^^'

either way, it's still exciting to see them add new content to the base game after so long. i wonder what their perks and personality will be.

now give beard turf the same treatment

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jason said:

New Characters
Beyond Wilba and Wormwood, we will be adding two more characters to the cast: a globetrotting adventurer lost and alone, and a mysterious inventor who finds himself exactly where he wanted to be...

mystery both.png

Why does Mr. Righty look like Napoleon or Shakespeare to me, he seems to have this weird white collar around his neck.
Miss or Mr. Lefty looks very Werewilba-y for some reason
Here's what I see
JzY7j7w.png

Edited by FuffledBeeQueen
  • Like 16

Ok so crazy theory time.

If I have to guess which character, a mysterious inventor or lost adventurer, fits Hamlet I'm gonna go with the 2nd one.

Which means that inventor will be added to original, vanilla ds.

And if he really is Wagstaff that will be a lore.

And since he's in singleplayer that means that he was there b4 dst.

Which means that the events of dst happen while Wagstaff is still in the Constant.

And since dst is getting 4 new characters.....

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Ok so crazy theory time.

If I have to guess which character, a mysterious inventor or lost adventurer, fits Hamlet I'm gonna go with the 2nd one.

Which means that inventor will be added to original, vanilla ds.

And if he really is Wagstaff that will be a lore.

And since he's in singleplayer that means that he was there b4 dst.

Which means that the events of dst happen while Wagstaff is still in the Constant.

And since dst is getting 4 new characters.....

Yes! I was thinking exactly the same. Events in DST happen after DS, so if new character is added to regular game he must appears also in DST. Can Klei confirm?

8 hours ago, TrashLord said:

Optimization and worldgen are two entirely different things. Optimization is all about how well the game runs(framerate n all that) while worldgen is about how the.... world...... generates........

EDIT: sorry if that came off as rude; i genuinely don't know how to describe worldgen ^^'

Well, the point is, worldgen is better but still far from perfect. The worst one is probably iron hulk biome as it mixes with everything creating little chaos similiar to RoG when you set everything on max in worldgen.

5 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Why does Mr. Righty look like Napoleon or Shakespeare to me, he seems to have this weird white collar around his neck.
Miss or Mr. Lefty looks very Werewilba-y for some reason
Here's what I see
JzY7j7w.png

Who are you working for and why are you here!? Who sent you! Why are these trace overs/sketches so seemingly accurate?
I figured the one on the left (Their left, our right.) was female, I saw the hand as a ponytail.
Now I'm confused. 

Nice sketch, tho.