Don't Starve: Hamlet Roadmap

Jason

• Developer

Hey everyone!

We've been very grateful for everyone's feedback on Hamlet's Early Access. Thanks again for all the time and effort you’ve spent writing your thoughts, opinions and bug reports. 

This is our roadmap for Hamlet, which we anticipate to last until April:

Enhanced Seasons and Content
We’re going to be adding more to the seasons, adding new perks and challenges alike. Expect to see more content in every season, as well as a new boss creature. We’ll also be implementing multi-roomed homes, allowing players to build more elaborate abodes to stay in. 

metal hulk splash.png

We expect this content to be launched in phases throughout March.

New Characters
Beyond Wilba and Wormwood, we will be adding two more characters to the cast: a globetrotting adventurer lost and alone, and a mysterious inventor who finds himself exactly where he wanted to be...

We also felt it’s been awhile since we added a new character for all our base game fans, so one of these characters will be free to all Don’t Starve owners!

mystery both.png

These new characters will be launching with the release of Hamlet in April.

Bug fixes, tuning, and optimization
As usual, we will be working on a lot of bug fixes, tuning and optimization. We know that some of you have been experiencing performance issues in particular, and we’re working hard to solve as many of those as we can. 

And with that, we will have completed our third expansion to Don’t Starve. Thanks again for playing the Hamlet Early Access! It’s much appreciated.

• Like 72
  • Thanks 17
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Hey everyone!

We've been very grateful for everyone's feedback on Hamlet's Early Access. Thanks again for all the time and effort you’ve spent writing your thoughts, opinions and bug reports. 

This is our roadmap for Hamlet, which we anticipate to last until April:

Enhanced Seasons and Content
We’re going to be adding more to the seasons, adding new perks and challenges alike. Expect to see more content in every season, as well as a new boss creature. We’ll also be implementing multi-roomed homes, allowing players to build more elaborate abodes to stay in. 

metal hulk splash.png

The Full Iron mech? this is truly amazing

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jason said:

New Characters
Beyond Wilba and Wormwood, we will be adding two more characters to the cast: a globetrotting adventurer lost and alone, and a mysterious inventor who finds himself exactly where he wanted to be...

We also felt it’s been awhile since we added a new character for all our base game fans, so one of these characters will be free to all Don’t Starve owners!

mystery both.png

These new characters will be launching with the release of Hamlet in April.

UM EXCUSE ME

YES

Spoiler

An inventor who finds himself exactly where he wants to be... Wagstaff is that you?

• Like 1

B-but what about the whip? :wilson_cry:

Is world generation also considered the performance enchancement? It's better than it used to be but I still experience strange things like tiny deep jungles mixed with that thunderbird biomes or ruins close to each other.

1 hour ago, magia said:

B-but what about the whip? :wilson_cry:

Is world generation also considered the performance enchancement? It's better than it used to be but I still experience strange things like tiny deep jungles mixed with that thunderbird biomes or ruins close to each other.

Optimization and worldgen are two entirely different things. Optimization is all about how well the game runs(framerate n all that) while worldgen is about how the.... world...... generates........

EDIT: sorry if that came off as rude; i genuinely don't know how to describe worldgen ^^'

Edited by TrashLord

1 hour ago, Jason said:

a globetrotting adventurer lost and alone, and a mysterious inventor who finds himself exactly where he wanted to be...

Sounds like they're repurposing Warbucks for this new adventurer. Also the inventor kinda reminds me of my OC Dino.

Is it me or does the silhouette on the left kinda look like @Russian Philin's characters? :p

Also Wagstaff means new lore so that's exciting 0u0

• Like 4