Sign in to follow this  
Meebas

Sound Modding Help

Meebas    1

I have custom sounds for a mod I am working on. All sounds work as long as I remap them as seen here: image.thumb.png.fc7e096b45040db48982e8588f1498ca.png

However I can't call the sounds directly from the banks on servers with caves enabled, and I'm not sure that they work for other clients even with caves disabled. I have 2 sounds I have tried this on, one for cooking a rabbit: image.png.dc2390ec5994df1305f3276cd7e7f6f1.png

And one for when poop spawns:

image.png.90e991fb03f6b03333bfc0372de7f463.png

Neither of those two sounds, no any other sound called that way, will work. This even includes sounds I have not modded in. I have the ("dontstarve/creatures/leif/livinglog_burn") sound programmed to play when you burn poop, but it doesn't work.

However with console I can play them remotely and locally with no issue.

image.thumb.png.b0e8609372db6a9aaddbd9c26e7d2d64.png(this plays the sound)

I feel like I am missing something obvious here. In all honesty, everything I know about programming in Lua has come from trial and error and by just reading code. I would appreciate if someone could help me out with this, thanks.

Ultroman    700

Is your mod set as AllClientsRequireMod? Are the sounds remapped inside/after any mastersim check (which would skip the remapping on clients)?

Meebas    1

@YakumoYukari

Ohhh okay so all code above the mastersim check applies to both the client and server? I will make some adjustments and see if it works, thanks for the direct.

@Ultroman

Yes, all clients require it as it is a server-side mod. I read a bit on what Yakumo said and I now understand what the mastersim check does, I'm gonna test it out now