I present you, the ultimate don't starve singleplayer tierlist!

Seero

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

Which is an argument because you can't just look at one source and be like WILEW SUX WX GOD.

you also need to look at strategies for all the characters ( Willow regenerating sanity for Hayfever etc.... lots )

Willow is still pretty high on the list, S - B are pretty good characters so i don't know what your talking about

2 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

You also need to look at strategies for all the characters ( Willow regenerating sanity for Hayfever etc.... lots )

It's not just only strategies we looked at, It's also what happen with those characters at end game when survival is out of the picture.

EDIT: To those who say bias, this tier list was a coop effort with me. A Wes Main.

7 hours ago, piratekingflcl said:

You're mistaken. Surfboards are a top-tier boat for the entire game. Traveling with them is very quick and cheap. If you're not using Surfboards then you shouldn't even pick Walani.

"...BECOME THE BOARD..."

1 minute ago, Atsumame said:

It's not just only strategies we looked at, It's also what happen with those characters at end game when survival is out of the picture.

All the characters end up being useless.

you don't need XXXX to do things just because YYYYY becomes worse at it.

Just now, Atsumame said:

Thats why wx78 dominates Because both of his insane perks can become extremely trivial once late game comes around.

Gears are common (from floaty boat knights) and you can buy them

You also can get common lightning from hurricane season, Ancient Psuedo science stations, Thunderbirds.

And these are mechanics from all three dlc's not to mention you can make mossling pens too

2 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

There is no character in DS that you will have a hard time at an end game.

A player that can take his/her character to such an end will surely know how to play best with said character.

Remember, if your character can survive without much requirements and effort then that character is good for you.

Also here is my input for the most Powerful Character in DS.

Wolfgang.

3 minutes ago, Averagewx78main said:

Thats why wx78 dominates Because both of his insane perks can become extremely trivial once late game comes around.

trivial
/ˈtrɪvɪəl/
adjective

1. 1.
    of little value or importance.
    "huge fines were imposed for trivial offences"
    synonyma: unimportant, insignificant, inconsequential, minor, of no/little account, of no/little consequence, of no/little importance, not worth bothering about, not worth mentioning
  2. So you just bwooshed yourself outta here.

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:
trivial
/ˈtrɪvɪəl/
adjective

1. 1.
    synonyma: unimportant, insignificant, inconsequential, minor, of no/little account, of no/little consequence, of no/little importance, not worth bothering about, not worth mentioning

somebody turn on the Ice Flingomatic!!!

Just now, MWY said:

There is no character in DS that you will have a hard time at an end game.

A player that can take his/her character to such an end will surely know how to play best with said character.

It's not about having a hard time or an easy time in endgame. It's what the character can do, or have.

Let's take Woodlegs as an example here. He's here because while he has a certain disadvantage (his sanity drain on land being just shy of an additional dusk/night drain) his hat still works in RoG/Hamlet alongside SW (obviously) which make him the best at farming ruin loot and boards passively (boards being a huge drain lategame)

2 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

It's not about having a hard time or an easy time in endgame. It's what the character can do, or have.

Let's take Woodlegs as an example here. He's here because while he has a certain disadvantage (his sanity drain on land being just shy of an additional dusk/night drain) his hat still works in RoG/Hamlet alongside SW (obviously) which make him the best at farming ruin loot and boards passively (boards being a huge drain lategame)

Woodlegs is going to be updated inorder to become more compatible with other DLC along with Walaini in future.

so he is currently not being counted nor listed in any sort of list

22 minutes ago, Averagewx78main said:

So people who play All the other characters aren't as good at the game as people who play the character's you listed?

This list wasn't meant to send a message saying "don't play wigfrid", i could care less if you did, this list is looking at all the characters at an objective stand point

No sweaty, what I wrote means that every character that isn't Willson, Willow or Wes is easy-mode.

Just now, MWY said:

Woodlegs is going to be updated inorder to become more compatible with other DLC along with Walaini in future.

so he is currently not being counted nor listed in any sort of list

Can you link the confirmation from the devs? This is good news.

For now their iterations are ranked on this tier list. But if the changes make walani and woodlegs make them higher or lower on the list we will have no problem ranking them to their new positions in the future!

Just now, Atsumame said:

Can you link the confirmation from the devs? This is good news.

For now their iterations are ranked on this tier list. But if the changes make walani and woodlegs make them higher or lower on the list we will have no problem ranking them to their new positions in the future!

The confirmation came when Klei announced that they will be introducing new characters and adjusting old characters to make them more better and playable for all DLCs.

This pretty much included all character that need adjustments and upgrades/downgrades of any sort.

37 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

EDIT: To those who say bias, this tier list was a coop effort with me. A Wes Main

With all the respect, the fact that you main a character that is objectively difficult to play (in comparison to others) by itself doesent mean that you have extensive knowledge about all the characters (which you might have) or are immune to being biased in some way.

If you guys are really interested in determining which character is powerful and which one is not, you need to define what powerful means in the context of the research, then do a verifiable test involving large pool of players who would play and become evaluated based on chosen criteria, related to the definition of power described at the begining of the research. Then we will end up with objective data. The question is, is it really worth the time and resources needed?

I enjoy spouting my opinion though.

45 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:
trivial
/ˈtrɪvɪəl/
adjective

1. 1.

Trivial as in obtaining those perks are trivial since you already have those perks late game and can get alot of it easily, apologies for not being clear

Just now, Averagewx78main said:

Trivial as in obtaining those perks are trivial since you already have those perks late game and can get alot of it easily, apologies for not being clear

Trivial as in using words with different meaning than you intend to.

4 minutes ago, magia said:

With all the respect, the fact that you main a character that is objectively difficult to play (in comparison to others) by itself doesent mean that you have extensive knowledge about all the characters (which you might have) or are immune to being biased in some way.

If you guys are really interested in determining which character is powerful and which one is not, you need to define what powerful means in the context of the research, then do a verifiable test involving large pool of players who would play and become evaluated based on chosen criteria, related to the definition of power described at the begining of the research. Then we will end up with objective data. The question is, is it really worth the time and resources needed?

I enjoy spouting my opinion though.

Like I said multiple times in the thread, it was just a fun little project we did over the course 2 hours of discussion of each other.

We didn't mean for it to be taken seriously nor but taken as the ultimate truth. He wanted to post it on here (which I advised against) because he thought it would end up being fun, but the most he got was trash talking and he really feel bad about it right now.

Lesson learned I guess.

51 minutes ago, MWY said:

The confirmation came when Klei announced that they will be introducing new characters and adjusting old characters to make them more better and playable for all DLCs.

This pretty much included all character that need adjustments and upgrades/downgrades of any sort.

When exactly did they say this? I watched the latest stream and the devs said they don't have any plans of updating old characters after they were asked about it.

52 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

When exactly did they say this? I watched the latest stream and the devs said they don't have any plans of updating old characters after they were asked about it.

When Wormwood replaced Warbucks and Wilba got update to Werewilba with having the roylaty of all the pigs in all DLCs.
its Obvious the devs will update the rest of the characters to become better or more compatible with all DLCs
So Woodlegs and Walani being only useable in SW fall into the same category.

Remember how Webber was given Shamlet right away because he was at a complete disadvantage in Hamlet?

Also I am not saying they will do it right away, Klei has always been very elusive about what they bring to the table first.

I mean I'm not going to speak for any other character but from my experience playing WX in hamlet it is nearly impossible to die. You can kite pretty much everything, have an infinite light source, easy access to heals and nightmare fuel which makes you rich.. I think the other characters are great in their own rights but WX is so powerful with hamlet being designed how it is (thunderbirds being overly abundant, the travel time going to most places changing from many minutes to 1 or 2 minutes, lots of going into ruins and saving resources that would be used for light, kiting the mant queen and its minions making it look like the easiest fight in the game period, and allowing an quick escape from any dangerous situation, including the annoying beetles that aggro you across an entire screen) I really do think that WX does deserve the top spot simply because I don't know of a single negative that could even kinda get close to outweighing the massive amounts of positives that come with playing him, hes super safe and making a mistake with him is easier to recover from than any other character.

I personally find myself picking WX because his pure speed makes traveling in this game much less boring. I also kinda hate how good he is because imo theres really no other character to pick unless you want to challenge yourself, and i'm now so spoiled on his superspeed that using another character just feels way to slow.

18 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

Don't undermine wilson, He is a neutral character, not a bad character. 

Except for his beard which gives him a slight bonus.

I never undermined Wilson, because Walani is also not a bad character. Wilson is THE neutral character, and so is Walani for the most part unless you play her in SW (and even in SW she is pretty neutral). When not played in SW the only difference she has over Wilson is that she cannot grow a beard, losses and gains sanity slower, and I think has a slightly faster hunger drain; in SW she has her surfing board, that while it is outclassed pretty quick, serves as a very useful method of transportation in the early SW game. She is definitely better than Wes, and depending on the DLC you play her she is slightly worse or better than Wilson.

Warly I can get why he is so low, and is mostly because his pros are heavily cancelled out by his cons: big belly but faster hunger rate, can cook anywhere but cannot eat the same thing over and over (and it wouldn't be that bad if he accepted campfire cooked things at least). Although even then he is still better than Wes, and can be used effectively outside of his DLC.

Archived