I present you, the ultimate don't starve singleplayer tierlist!

Seero

4 minutes ago, lbphero said:

I think that wigfrid, while a lot of things hold her back, is still good, or at least better than the people in her own tier because of  her vampirism allowing her to endure a lot more than normal

that vampirism gets replaced by blue caps, butter,butterfly wings, waffles, dragon pie, 

and she can't drink coffee which can be used to kite.

4 minutes ago, Averagewx78main said:

that vampirism gets replaced by blue caps, butter,butterfly wings, waffles, dragon pie, 

and she can't drink coffee which can be used to kite.

all of that, save for coffee, is replaced by simply hitting things for a while. For blue caps, butter, wings, waffles, dragon pie, all of that you need to either farm or forage for for a long time. Wigfrid only needs a weapon.

3 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Why is Warly at the bottom?

because his perks are foobar compared to the downside he has and how little his perks matter in many places 

Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

Cause of this

In addition to a 33% faster hunger drain, Warly gains only 70% of the Hunger, Sanity, and Health from raw foods, 80% from dried foods, and 90% from foods cooked over fire. If the food has negative effects on these attributes, the effect is increased by 30%, 20% and 10% respectively instead. Ideally, his food should always be cooked in a Crock Pot, which can take valuable time depending on what was cooked.

Additionally, Warly likes variety in his diet. He remembers all food items eaten for 1.75 days since the last time they are eaten; if he eats the Food items that he remembers eating, he only gains a percentage of his normal Hunger, Sanity, and Health granted by the Food Item, while the negative effects are amplified by the same percentage. The percentage depends on how many times the food item is eaten before it is forgotten. First repetition of the food item applies 10% penalty, the second 20%, the third 35%, the fourth 50% and finally the fifth repetition applies 70% penalty on the food values. Any further repetition do not increase this penalty.

"
Just now, lbphero said:

all of that, save for coffee, is replaced by simply hitting things for a while. For blue caps, butter, wings, waffles, dragon pie, all of that you need to either farm or forage for for a long time. Wigfrid only needs a weapon.

because his perks are foobar compared to the downside he has and how little his perks matter in many places 

And this.

Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

Reasoning is, His "gain more value from crock pot food" is kinda obsoleted by his increased hunger drain. His pouch has been obsoleted by bundling wraps recently.

All he gets is the inability of binging food such as honey and jerky, for the exchange of his unique recipes (which only 1 is kinda ok imo.) and his portable crock pot.

Thats just my personal opinion but i'd put Webber atleast on B because of his spider eggs, no penalty for monster meat, easy access to silk, ability to get away with stealing by using shamlet mask in hamlet,ability befriend spiders, bunnies and pigs due to the mask and  cold protection 

1 minute ago, Hx380 said:

Thats just my personal opinion but i'd put Webber atleast on B because of his spider eggs, no penalty for monster meat, easy access to silk, ability to get away with stealing by using shamlet mask in hamlet,ability befriend spiders, bunnies and pigs due to the mask and  cold protection 

(OP and me did this tier list together for fun btw) 

Placing webber was difficult for us, mainly because of the indirect buff he got overall with the shamlet mask.

He has a better beard than wilson.

He can now interact with rog pigs (and other creatures like bunnymen.) and almost interact with spiders as he would normally.

His beards is more useful overall imo than wilson. 

He trades 50 sanity for 25 extra health and 25 extra hunger. The health benefit is quite big since it cover almost an effigy cost. But watch out for sanity draining bosses like deerclops.

He can still do spider wars, but those might be replaced later on with automatic farms.

---------

Imo as he his now, Webber is a better Wilson. But by no mean it sets him above characters with useful abilities. This is the reasoning behind it.

Webber does seem like he should go higher. More hunger and health, never runs out of food, healing items, and silk, sanity is low but can always craft top hats, has a faster growing beard that insulates, can befriend a crap ton of spiders, can add spiders to areas/worlds they don't naturally exist in, etc. And this is all generally with little to no effort. Most of his advantage come from just clicking on spiders.

So why are Walani and Wigfrid in F instead of C or an hypothetical D? I know they are kinda meh in terms of perks, but they both are definitely better than Wes or Warly (I would even put Wigfrid in B despite not being able to drink coffee/tea).

And this is more personal, but where would Warbucks be in this tierlist if he wasn't removed?

2 minutes ago, pedregales said:

So why are Walani and Wigfrid in F instead of C or an hypothetical D? I know they are kinda meh in terms of perks, but they both are definitely better than Wes or Warly (I would even put Wigfrid in B despite not being able to drink coffee/tea).

And this is more personal, but where would Warbucks be in this tierlist if he wasn't removed?

Walani makes since she is pretty much useless outside of Shipwrecked. Even Woodlegs is good outside of shipwrecked because of his treasure. 

Wigfrid has a niche in fighting but outside of that she has no utility at all for surviving, the simple fact she can't drink coffee is a big one too.

1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Walani makes since she is pretty much useless outside of Shipwrecked. Even Woodlegs is good outside of shipwrecked because of his treasure. 

Yeah, I can see that, but wouldn't that make her a slightly worse Wilson? at least a D she could be, no?

57 minutes ago, pedregales said:

Yeah, I can see that, but wouldn't that make her a slightly worse Wilson? at least a D she could be, no?

Don't undermine wilson, He is a neutral character, not a bad character. 

Except for his beard which gives him a slight bonus.

Wigfrid player here.

This feels very very disrespectful to me because Wigfrid is literally the most Easiest character to play.

You just kill everything and eat monster meat and kill more to get sanity/health back...

And sanity is useless in DS.

And do you really need coffee that much for just a speed boost?

I forgot walking/stalking sticks existed.

11 minutes ago, MWY said:

Wigfrid player here.

This feels very very disrespectful to me because Wigfrid is literally the most Easiest character to play.

You just kill everything and eat monster meat and kill more to get sanity/health back...

And sanity is useless in DS.

And do you really need coffee that much for just a speed boost?

I forgot walking/stalking sticks existed.

This isn't only about early game and surviving. 

It's also about endgame potential in the mix. And wigfrid end up with not many advantages with the inability to consume a lot of the good recipes in this game while also not being able to eat some regular food. Coffee is probably the first thing that come to mind of most people but there is all the lush season food and a bunch of really good recipes she can't eat. Also no honey binge strats at late game. It's a major downside that will shackle her for the entire save file.

Just now, Atsumame said:

This isn't only about early game and surviving. 

It's also about endgame potential in the mix. And wigfrid end up with not many advantages with the inability to consume a lot of the good recipes in this game while also not being able to eat some regular food. Coffee is probably the first thing that come to mind of most people but there is all the lush season food and a bunch of really good recipes she can't eat. Also no honey binge strats at late game. It's a major downside that will shackle her for the entire save file.

Monster Meat my friend, Direct Consumption and recovery of sanity/health from killing mobs. (Vampire Bats are like a buffet)

Eggs from Bird.

Pierogis, Honey Ham, Bacon & Eggs and Meat Balls. (Berry bushes/mushrooms/butterfly wings make for great fillers)

I have crossed over 400 days in regular DS and with her I had more food then I could eat.

Her primary advantage that makes her better then other characters is her Damage reduction of 25% and  25% increased damage output which pretty much eliminates any need for fancy food recipes or other stuff to make her better at survival.

Even without Armour or a good weapon she can do more then others can in the wildreness.

Her Health/Sanity gains from Food is not needed since she can pretty much just beat it out of mobs for herself instead of eating fancy food.

This tierlist doesn't make much sense, you haven't specified which DLC this applies to (e.g. Woodlegs is an A or S tier in SW, but in RoG would fall much lower.)
Also, wigfrid much higher than F. Woodie is also a lot higher than a C, it would be nice to see some explanation for these choices.

1 hour ago, NeddoFreddo said:

This tierlist doesn't make much sense, you haven't specified which DLC this applies to (e.g. Woodlegs is an A or S tier in SW, but in RoG would fall much lower.)
Also, wigfrid much higher than F. Woodie is also a lot higher than a C, it would be nice to see some explanation for these choices.

It's all three worlds.

33 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Tierlists for this game just suck in general esspecialy when made on forums.

Idk why y'all bother

Everyone will say that "this and that is incorrect" and this thread will end up derailing or turning into an argument or monurepost

We made it because it was a fun thing to do. We also wanted to pool up the opinion of others about it.

Archived