[Game Update] - 308684

8 hours ago, SamLogan said:

Because with the Mk2 we can't anymore overlap Drywall and tile so without that we can't use those tiles in the space.

I'd say its much better to make tiles possible to overlap with mesh/air tiles. (its much more convenient)

9 hours ago, Mayveena said:

Black screen as if the cursor had moved to a dark area when you come out of jobs menu.

I got a similar situation when clicking on a Research Complete notification.  Hitting the H key zoomed me back to the base from the distant north.

49 minutes ago, Ellilea said:
50 minutes ago, Ellilea said:
  • All doors can be walked on top of, in either orientation, open or closed.

Not convinced about this one. I mean, when the door is open, wouldn't it be logical for the dupe to fall down through it?

I think we could build a water tunnel with door pump and dupe walk on top of it now lol

The game get completely confused about what packets is in pipes, especially around the time it stutters do to making/breaking pipes somewhere.

One of my pipes went from being visually full of oxygen, then showed chlorine and hydrogen, the pipe was a very mixed feeder pipe to a gas sorter.

The packets floats above the new gas layer, but the pipes is now on the layer below gas.

Termo Sensor seems to have a logick problem.

Put a termo sensor on an empty pipe: It is off.

Run a packet past the sensor and then empty the pipe and the sensor says the current temp is -27x,x and with it set to above 6.9, it's now defaulting to being on when the pipe is empty.

Clicking on the Job Promotion Altert centers the map in the upper left corner.

Edited by Miravlix

1 hour ago, Ellilea said:

Not convinced about this one. I mean, when the door is open, wouldn't it be logical for the dupe to fall down through it?

well, art is coming soon™ and of course they could walk there since it is still a 3D world (doors are usually attached to walls or floors), just the perspective and limitations are like in an ant form due to technical limitations or simple choice (for it makes it a better game), they are free to surmount those limits whenever they want and as long as they make it visually "sound".

So go now and do bg art for airflow and mesh tiles as well~

1 hour ago, badgamer123 said:

I think we could build a water tunnel with door pump and dupe walk on top of it now lol

It was already possible, albeit only with open horizontal doors. You could literally build stairs out of them. They also made vertical doors an option. I guess our dupes are walking on the door frame, on their toes. 

stambecchi-3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a problem with egg cracker, if I try to break 2 type of eggs with only 1 unit each, the task will just cancelling each other, I already post this problem in the bug tracker but I couldn't explain it well, so I hope someone here can test it.

There is a solution for this, it is don't queue more than one type of eggs.

Dupes walking on top of ladders instead of slowly hopping across is very nice.

I hope the pathfinding is doing some weighted calculations now like that ladder path should be more expensive than the path across the top since movement in that direction is much slower. 

29 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Dupes walking on top of ladders instead of slowly hopping across is very nice.

I hope the pathfinding is doing some weighted calculations now like that ladder path should be more expensive than the path across the top since movement in that direction is much slower. 

I hope they allow dups to take tubes down vs current "fire pole is only path even considered"

20 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Ah, so that is what is meant. Then why not write that instead?

Eg., "Corrected an error that allowed gases and liquids inside mesh and air flow tiles to dissipate into space."

Brevity in update notes should be paramount.

Well, for one reason, because that's inaccurate. They didn't correct an "error." They changed the way the tiles behave. (And before someone contests this, I'm a software developer. I've written patch notes. I know the difference between an error and changing intended behavior.) Secondly, the actual patch note is more brief than yours, so it's confusing that you mention "brevity" here.

Edited by Tuhljin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Basically it means that dry-wall is already built into the doors/tiles, just doesn't have the extra mass/cost and doesn't require building two things. Makes sense that the door frame of a mechanized air lock would do the same thing that drywall does. Similar logic works for the framing of airflow and mesh tiles.

Doesn't make the most sense to have to build drywall behind some tiles and not others, so I like this change.

35 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

It would be really cool if you manage to fix dupes aborting tasks because something might interrupt like want to go to toilet of having break before the release.

Umm... that's intended behaviour?

On 2/12/2019 at 1:38 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

• All doors can be walked on top of, in either orientation, open or closed.

@Ipsquiggle, out of curiosity, was this intended for animals as well as dupes? The style of hatch farm I use just broke due to the hatches just sitting on top of the open doors used to drop them into the active stables when needed.

Edited by beowulf2010

2 hours ago, Rainbowdesign said:

It would be really cool if you manage to fix dupes aborting tasks because something might interrupt like want to go to toilet of having break before the release.

But how ? (I would love it to happen, but I see no "appropriate" way to achieve it.)

If a duplicant decides to go for a "far away" (you can build long maze like corridors^^) task he could starve on his way.

But if you want to caluclate the time needed to perform a task before performing it, it would produce a huge amount of additional calculations ...

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

he could starve on his way.

Maybe that could be an exception but its hard to imagine that dupes go so far that they starve to dead, i really doubt that its possible on normal maps unless you specifically set it up that way. And for toilet should be managed they manage that in a different was like do it before walking long ways or are near a toilet.

Edited by Rainbowdesign

2 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:
2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

he could starve on his way.

Maybe that could be an exception but its hard to imagine that dupes go so far that they starve to dead, i really doubt that its possible on normal maps unless you specifically set it up that way. And for toilet should be managed they manage that in a different was like do it before walking long ways or are near a toilet.

There was a bug (in the preview) that made a duplicant of mine prefer building over his "personal needs" / going to eat.

If you play on ravanging hunger a freshly printed duplicant in an atmosuit will die for sure if you assign the right task xD

(Considering he doesn´t interrupt his task.)

7 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

Dupes only drop things once they pass the an 'urgent need' threshold. Simply give your dupes enough food and downtime and it won't be an issue.

There are things dupes certainly intantly interrupt a task for. One is downtime. I am not sure if its for other tasks to i have not observed it enough but one i can say for CERTAIN dupes are extremely inefficient.

One dupe comes across the map delivers building material. The next dupe come starts building but interrupts it after some seconds. Repeat 2 times then the ladder piece is finished.