Sign in to follow this  
Denisetwin

Easiest Oil boil build that can be built in survival

Recommended Posts

Neotuck    1,774
8 minutes ago, manganeko said:

you can't accomplish making natural gas without space materials, the super coolant specifically. 

Sour gas is what you get by just heating Petroleum, then you have to condense it into Methane by cooling it down to about -163℃ (I don't know any other coolant but super coolant can do this),  and heat it up again to get natural gas.

I disagree,

It can be done with hydrogen, it may not be as effective as super coolant but it does work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manganeko    3

And I find another video on Bilibili by this Chinese guy too, it shows a way to turn Crude Oil into Petroleum just using the heat from a Metal Refinery Factory. Which I think is pretty clever, and it's easy to implement.

Here goes the video: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av28579731?from=search&seid=1077622280038017830

5.png

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

I disagree,

It can be done with hydrogen, it may not be as effective as super coolant but it does work

Well I don't know, I never tried that. AETN can reach -173.15 °C, or maybe just a simple Thermo Regulator would do too. I'll have a try someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neotuck    1,774
7 minutes ago, manganeko said:

Well I don't know, I never tried that. AETN can reach -173.15 °C, or maybe just a simple Thermo Regulator would do too. I'll have a try someday.

I posted this pic of my build I did before space materials was added

I use 11 regulators to cool hydrogen in a loop controlled with a thermal sensor to prevent pipes breaking, the build is designed to condense sour gas into methane at a rate of 2kg/s, enough to power 25 generators with smart battery automation 

20180925200859_1.thumb.jpg.b298396abefb6dbbf8a5c044c6a6ec6e.jpg20180925200913_1.thumb.jpg.5a4d371bb0b2388686c8ba589405f861.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manganeko    3
1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

I posted this pic of my build I did before space materials was added

I use 11 regulators to cool hydrogen in a loop controlled with a thermal sensor to prevent pipes breaking, the build is designed to condense sour gas into methane at a rate of 2kg/s, enough to power 25 generators with smart battery automation 

20180925200859_1.thumb.jpg.b298396abefb6dbbf8a5c044c6a6ec6e.jpg20180925200913_1.thumb.jpg.5a4d371bb0b2388686c8ba589405f861.jpg

Well I see, nice work! Quite a load of Thermo Regulator, have you ever tried AETN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neotuck    1,774
Just now, manganeko said:

Well I see, nice work! Quite a load of Thermo Regulator, have you ever tried AETN?

doesn't cool fast enough

and with 25 NG generators running, power is no longer an issue

the tricky part was preventing the regulators from overheating by running PW on the floor

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6Havok9    25
9 hours ago, Neotuck said:

doesn't cool fast enough

and with 25 NG generators running, power is no longer an issue

the tricky part was preventing the regulators from overheating by running PW on the floor

What about using the very oil you are going to boil as a coolant? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neotuck    1,774
10 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

What about using the very oil you are going to boil as a coolant? 

I had thought about that but 2kg/s at 80C was too little to absorb enough heat from the regulators, the oil that reached the end was over 125C so the regulators began to overheat

best option was to use -10C PW from a slush geyser 

Edited by Neotuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fifty_ducks    3

None of these builds seem particularly easy. They use ridiculous amounts of space and material, or straight up use space materials. The only interestingly practical one is the metal refinery one. It's kind of silly how everyone defaults to "boiling your oil" in discussions even in QoL2 MK2 when no good builds seem to actually exist. It's like no one moved on past the sour gas patch.

It's simply a matter of scale and purpose - oil boilers fit a sustainable infinite base strategy, but seem needless when you simply want to consume your biomes oil, go to space, mess around with the rewards, and end the save.

Edited by fifty_ducks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
badgamer123    12
On 2/12/2019 at 8:24 AM, Saturnus said:

 

Note you can also pump magma directly with a miniature pump but some would consider that an exploit.

I think you could pump it with steel pump with a lot of repair lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this