Sign in to follow this  
Terra_Zina

Seeds spawn at the center of the world after planting seeds as Wormwood

Terra_Zina    1

World: Vanilla Don't Starve with Hamlet enabled

Character: Wormwood

Mods: No mods enabled

When planting seeds in the ground a seed is spawn at the center of the world. Noticed this upon searching for berry bushes. What a thought was 1 seed turns out to be nearly 20 in one pile. Planted a seed next to it to see, and sure enough right at that moment a seed spawned.

First image shows me standing next to the spot, had just tested it out and picked up the seed.

Second image i had planted a seed to demonstrate. As you can see, a seed has spawned.

Third image is where I am on the map (the red circle)

Not a gamebreaking bug but I thought it should be pointed out.

Don't Starve 2019-02-11 11_48_26.png

• Thanks 1

Terra_Zina    1

Upon further insepction, it appears that the seeds that spawn are the exact same seeds I used to plant with, as they have the exact same spoiltime as the ones I used. So instead of the seeds disappearing when used, they are 'discarded' at the center of the map. Pretty interesting.

zergologist    551

This is really interesting. Does that mean that if you base in that area and continue planting seeds, you can get double crops?

Terra_Zina    1
2 minutes ago, zergologist said:

This is really interesting. Does that mean that if you base in that area and continue planting seeds, you can get double crops?

I'm currently abusing the crap out of this at the moment. Yes, you got infinite seeds, infinite crops, infinite sanity.

Heres me, a few days later. Planted 60 something crops in the ground in a circle around the seedspawn. I also planted hundreds of crops along the roads and have a huuuge garden beside my base.

All of this with originally a stack of seeds, but because of this bug, that was possible. You will never go hungry again AND your world will look nice and lush in the same time. Winwin!

Don't Starve 2019-02-11 13_40_26.png

zergologist    551
30 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

I'm currently abusing the crap out of this at the moment. Yes, you got infinite seeds, infinite crops, infinite sanity.

Heres me, a few days later. Planted 60 something crops in the ground in a circle around the seedspawn. I also planted hundreds of crops along the roads and have a huuuge garden beside my base.

All of this with originally a stack of seeds, but because of this bug, that was possible. You will never go hungry again AND your world will look nice and lush in the same time. Winwin!

Don't Starve 2019-02-11 13_40_26.png

I'd say you have a success, but where do you get the flint to dig it up, if you even have to?

Terra_Zina    1
13 minutes ago, zergologist said:

I'd say you have a success, but where do you get the flint to dig it up, if you even have to?

You don't need to dig the plants up. They'll vanish once you harvest them. I think you can otherwise burn the crops, but I've never tried.

If you are unpleased about your crops position, you can fertilize the crop and harvest it immediately. It's like a farmtile, but without the farmtile and it can be anywhere.

You don't lose sanity after harvesting them either, even though they are plants and counts as 'friends'.

zergologist    551
9 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

You don't need to dig the plants up. They'll vanish once you harvest them. I think you can otherwise burn the crops, but I've never tried.

If you are unpleased about your crops position, you can fertilize the crop and harvest it immediately. It's like a farmtile, but without the farmtile and it can be anywhere.

You don't lose sanity after harvesting them either, even though they are plants and counts as 'friends'.

You can feed them to a bird to get even more crops. And i guess burning the said crops could yield a lot of ash. All more to fertilize wormwood and make healing salves.

Edited by zergologist