I AM SHOOK

Hi there,

This is my first post to Klei forums, and in fact, I joined up just so I could share this. I am on my 5th world, having survived 319 days, and I finally decided to go over to Shipwrecked. This is what I found when I got there... I am SHOOK! I'm so scared and don't know what to do considering they're right next to my damn Seaworthy!!!

Anyway, please tell me about your scariest moments in the game. This is mine by far. I am currently back in RoG collecting some (a lot of) gunpowder.

WHAT.jpg

Get a Firestaff too, so you can light the whole thing up from afar. You can even start by lighting that grass to the left of them.

My first Deerclops was super scary, my adrenaline was pumping and my hands were shaking. But scarier than that was back when the vanilla game was still being developed. There was a thing for a while called "MacTusk Village", which was a cluster of walrus camps all right next to each other.

A smaller version of it exists in Adventure Mode (3 camps), but for a while there, a large version showed up in sandbox - it was 6-9 camps. There I am, walking around exploring the wintery landscape, when all of a sudden I stumble on an army of blue hounds and a whole group of walruses. RIP me.

7 hours ago, imsomony said:

Get a Firestaff too, so you can light the whole thing up from afar. You can even start by lighting that grass to the left of them.

My first Deerclops was super scary, my adrenaline was pumping and my hands were shaking. But scarier than that was back when the vanilla game was still being developed. There was a thing for a while called "MacTusk Village", which was a cluster of walrus camps all right next to each other.

A smaller version of it exists in Adventure Mode (3 camps), but for a while there, a large version showed up in sandbox - it was 6-9 camps. There I am, walking around exploring the wintery landscape, when all of a sudden I stumble on an army of blue hounds and a whole group of walruses. RIP me.

Thank you! I might try that if I work up the courage to go back there. When I went back, there were SO many more than I thought (I guess you can't see them in the screenshot because the light radius of my miner's hat isn't very broad).

I managed to kill about 4 of them with gunpowder after making them fall asleep with the pan flute, but I could only get as many as were on screen to fall asleep at the same time. There were HUNDREDS of spiders and the queens of course pooped out more every 45 seconds. It was a nightmare. I bailed.

So my plan from here on is:
- I've world hopped in RoG and gotten the seaworther so I can pre-build a Seaworthy
- I'm going to world hop again to get another seaworther
- In that world, I will build the seaworthy, then immediately pre-build another one
- I'll go to the scary Shipwrecked world at night when they're asleep, and try to build a raft and GTFO that island ASAP. Once I've done that, I will build a small base and the second seaworthy to get back to RoG

Do you think that will work? I have no idea how small/big the island is because I haven't had a chance to explore it for obvious reasons!

Archived