AgentVixen    1

I’m inspired to give this build a go. I have long been using the shear in one room and ranch in another arrangement; however, the wrangling of drecko is so annoying and time consuming that it may be worth the effort to set this up.

I also applaud the uncomplicated automation. Bravo.

• Thanks 1

6Havok9    49

Well, the layout can be way simpler and less "artistic". I think the only requirement for the hatchery is the minimum height for an egg dropper. Every room could be on the same level, and you'd need much less water. Possibily five tiles of water in the corridor, maybe two above them in the rooms to prevent dreckos from going that tile, with the hatchery room being just 1 tile wide. Or, well, three.

smallhatchery.jpg.aac2e06d6a30c1eb077c5c2eb70e2af0.jpg

Something like this, maybe. Whatever. There is so much space to be filled, my minimalist days in ONI are over :D

Also, I like the massive water pool and the excessive amount of metal for temperature stabilization. And also because I just like massive water pools. And excessive amounts of metal. \m/ (>,<) \m/

Edited by 6Havok9
  • Like 3

SamLogan    636

@6Havok9 I'm interested by you cold steam vent setup, do you test it during a long period? I really like the concept. :)

6Havok9    49

@SamLogan That actually is just a closed off steam vent. :)  The hydro sensor is there just to keep the doors closed while I was vaacuming out the area and building around the vent, and that water is there just because the radiant pipes (empty and leading to nowhere in that picture, just prebuilt), doors and tempshift plates absorbed some of the heat, condensing the trapped steam. That vent has crappy output, I'm just gonna use it to heat some water going to the pincha peppers, before dumping the minimal amount of water somewhere. The area is just going to be a storage tank.

I'm curious to know what you were thinking it was, maybe it can be a good idea :D

SamLogan    636
18 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

@SamLogan

I'm curious to know what you were thinking it was, maybe it can be a good idea :D

I though the mass effect would enough efficient to produce steam given you have a lot of water in front the steam and other material. But I've tried it and yes, it overpressures quickly.

ChickenMadness    159

Awesome. I'm going to try and build the minimalist version.

Now we have fully automated ranches for hatches, pufts, dreckos on the forum.

Someone needs to come up with a wrangle-free slickster ranch :D