[Game Update] - 307715

Jason

...now that I think about it, how many beings can enter this itchy hivemind?
if one of the plants from hamlet eats them, is the spider immune to digestion too now, or does the original kid remain on his own and eventually Wormwood?
what's the time limit?
if the digestion immunity passes on to his consumers and he gets out within the span of a day, can he jump inside of another spider, then another, then several more, forcing the newly formed spider matryoshka doll to run back to base and hide in a chest, waiting for the return of the other survivors and jumping out, popping out of each spider in sequence like some terrifying meaty hairy rendition of the Trycas Tricas Trekas Troikas??? from near the beginning of Toy Story 2?!

IS WEBBER A COMPLETE SOCIOPATH
THESE ARE THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS, PEOPLE

Edited by lifetheuniverse
How to: Troikas
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

if one of the plants from hamlet eats them, is the spider immune to digestion too now, or does the original kid remain on his own and eventually Wormwood?

Wormwood's secret origin discovered!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FeNniX said:

Sorry but devs never showed character and said it will look like this. They never said about this character anything, until release date. They have every right to modify character until they feel it's well done, and then release it. You shouldn't be mad.

Different thing would be if they released character and then remodeled it. Then you could argue old one was better. I still think new one looks really cool.

I’m not mad, I’m disappointed. I’m disappointed that a really neat design was scrapped in favour of this puke neon green bean punk. Whether or not I or anyone else was supposed to see the old design is irrelevant, we saw it, and I can in fact make the argument the old one’s better.

What you’re saying basically amounts to “Whoops, the devs didn’t actually release that so therefore you can’t have an opinion on it, too bad!”

Christ, man, you think I don’t know that the devs call the shots and ultimately are free to do as they please? I may be egotistical, but I’m not THAT egotistical.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

including one mention of them specifically 'agreeing on' something, though I forget what)...

"we agree flowers are nice"

said when you examine flower pedals or flowers (i forgot which)

3 hours ago, Ressayez said:

I’m not mad, I’m disappointed. I’m disappointed that a really neat design was scrapped in favour of this puke neon green bean punk. Whether or not I or anyone else was supposed to see the old design is irrelevant, we saw it, and I can in fact make the argument the old one’s better.

What you’re saying basically amounts to “Whoops, the devs didn’t actually release that so therefore you can’t have an opinion on it, too bad!”

Christ, man, you think I don’t know that the devs call the shots and ultimately are free to do as they please? I may be egotistical, but I’m not THAT egotistical.

I know how you feel i miss battle master Pugnas original voice sounds

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Izuku_Midoriya said:

Why remove Warbucks entirely? He became my all time favorite character, and I played as him constantly. What does him being in the game harm? Giving him an option to make custom gunnery or something might have been cool, but starting from scratch seems so stupid.

i have no idea i hope he is still being worked on and not just sweeped under the rug left out for the political stuff being accosted with them

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i have no idea i hope he is still being worked on and not just sweeped under the rug left out for the political stuff being accosted with them

Literally what political stuff? Are people offended about a stereotypical Victorian era dude with goofy skin? In a game full of dark humor?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Izuku_Midoriya said:

Literally what political stuff? Are people offended about a stereotypical Victorian era dude with goofy skin? In a game full of dark humor?

they said because he mentioned British imperialism that he is racist so people complained

its sad this is true

5 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

they said because he mentioned British imperialism that he is racist so people complained

its sad this is true

4 minutes ago, SkylordElberich said:

Yes, they are.

The base game already has those themes in full force though. Everything about the game screams victorian era gothic, and the allegory of the player and pigmen who wear tribal attire and have a tribal king somehow wasn't problematic?

• Thanks 4

Just now, Izuku_Midoriya said:

The base game already has those themes in full force though. Everything about the game screams victorian era gothic, and the allegory of the player and pigmen who wear tribal attire and have a tribal king somehow wasn't problematic?

I guess people took 'orange man bad' to a new level.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

I'd say that this whole Warbucks being offensive thing is somewhat funny and pathetic.

I, correct me if I'm wrong, don't think there was even 1 thread where someone directly said "Warbucks offends me" instead people went "Waebucks could offend somebody"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Retty said:

The aspect of the character people consider offensive is the fact he's a colonist explorer. When you know history you understand people who were colonizer explorers were involved in killing and oppressing a lot of people. That's why people were the most upset with Warbucks.

I think you are right, and despite being upset with some kind of people in real life I didn't mind at all have another stereotype person on a game I like so far. I played a little with him and enjoyed a lot the experience. I think is kinda hypocrite being upset about that, considering almost all the other characters have dark sides aswell, some of them even darker and deeper than Warbucks.

22 hours ago, POOH_LY said:

Btw, wouldn't it be nice if Wormwood gets sanity from being wet instead of losing it since he is a "plant."

yes! Exactly, I was waiting for him to work like that, since it was so well plant-sided that I simply thought he would gain sanity(or even health, just as WX-78 loses health) from water, or at least don't lose sanity. But, silly of me, I got really disapointed in that.

Also about the rot, I ate it just to know if it would be good for him, but again no...

I want to also mention that only common seeds can be planted on the ground by him, specific crop seeds can't.

Edited by YiinHikari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wormwood feels like a proper character with interesting perks, also I love the little animations he's gotten.

I have a suggestion though:

It would be great if you implemented a function which would return currently loaded world type, something like "CurrentWorldType" which would be accessible before all components, etc. are loaded and would return if it's a ROG, SW or HAM world.

At the moment it's quite hard for modders to clearly tell which world the player currently is in, as SW and Hamlet both have RoG files basically implemented into themselves, and Hamlet has all SW files.

IsDLCEnabled returns SW/HAM even in RoG worlds after the merge.

A quick way to check current world type would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by PanAzej
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PanAzej said:

It would be great if you implemented a function which would return currently loaded world type, something like "CurrentWorldType" which would be accessible before all components, etc. are loaded and would return if it's a ROG, SW or HAM world.

A clear way of enabling all DLC at once and just choosing a starting map would also be good. The screen where you select which is enabled and which to play on was...something I initially found pretty confusing. Maybe separate the options for which are enabled and which starting map into different sides of the screen? IDK

Edited by lifetheuniverse
wakarimasen lol
  • Thanks 1

Why must I, a person of color, gotta keep trying to convince you gamers why I just dont like a character with a background history with racist undertones. What, am supposed to like him with that? Is it a good idea to include a character that represents something that affected the world negatively like India and Hawaii with imperialism and colonization. It's an issue that's very much ignored in real life with ongoing affects to this day. One side of viewers go "Oh, oh no no no, I don't wanna deal with him". The other half is "Wow, I love this type of historical figure representation". Being okay with a character like Warbucks and the quotes kinda shows how someone just doesn't give a hoot about the issue and how it affected people for the sake of it being a video game so no one cares. But Klei actually tries to listen to their fan base unlike most game companies. So Warbucks' characterization is uuhhh worse than Maxwell using magics to trap himself and others or the depressive tendencies of a girl who lost a loved one.

Warbucks about to say something racist

IMG_4837.PNG

Edited by SDragonhead
egg
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, SDragonhead said:

gotta keep trying to convince you gamers why I just dont like a character with a background history with racist undertones.

You mean the history of entire mankind? Listen, if you want to personally disable warbucks with a mod, that's fine. Still, we shouldn't be putting politics into this game or on the forums. The whole Warbucks thing has already polarized players.  It'd be like creating a South American Aztec warlord who likes to pull out atriums from  shadows. The tragedy happened and it's of history.

I really like ya bud so I'm sorry this character hurt you in a personal way.

The best way to change Warbucks would probably to make him a Archeologist with a love for ruins and bones. Remove the historical aspects and focus on what was in the trailer. So far all we got in the trailer was innocuous things. Nothing that hinted to his past. If it'd help, maybe give Warbucks the same pallet of Walani and Warly. That way he would have a muted pallet and be pleasing to people.

You can't erase Warbucks, he's in our minds and it's best to retool him to make everyone happy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

It just never ceases to amaze me how incredibly offended some people get at the idea of other people being offended. You all have already spent 50 times as many forum posts ranting and raving about the idea that the character was removed than anyone else spent objecting to his colonialist attitudes. You’re the ones overreacting. You can’t even prove that’s why Klei got rid of him: they just said they found him uninteresting.

But if that’s why they did it, it’s probably because they made the decision for themselves that they don’t want to make a joke about something that is definitely not a joke to a portion of their player base. If I make an inadvertently racist remark and a friend tells me that it’s gross and makes them feel excluded, and I decide I don’t want to make my friend feel that way, I’m not going to change my mind because some yahoo comes along and shouts “I don’t mind racist remarks, so nobody else should! In fact, I love them because they’re Historically Accurate to what creeps like me have believed for years!” It’s just not very persuasive.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Sooo...

I guess Klei should rather add either non-human characters or human characters that are messed up but in "normal" way.

That means either being something that's rare (pyromaniac) or something that media and pop culture turned from something terrible to something "normal" (pirate, killer robot)

• Like 4