[Game Update] - 307715

Jason

17 minutes ago, NekoSoulx said:

So wilba can turn into a werepig now, that's interesting but she only lose his ability to use tools and clothing and gains a lot of buffs.

i think wilba in werepig form have to be more wildness and just like the pigs she should look for a lot of food in this form and maybe during this form she can eat pig skin?

and Thanks for the update Klei Team! :D

she does actually needs to look for food bc the hunger drain is increased when in werepig form. She also regenrate health during werepig form and when not starving, so there is incetive to eat even tho the hunger drops rapidly

19 minutes ago, SkylordElberich said:

Boy, I hope so. I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms.

that's exactly what they said they'd do though. He'll come back when he's reworked

"We weren't very happy with how Warbucks was working out. While trying to find ways to make him work, we decided that he just wasn't as interesting as we would like, and so we've made the decision to start from scratch"

Me reading about Wormwood.

Everything causes sanity loss. "Well that's not too bad." EVERYTHING CAUSES SANITY LOSS.

"Oh... A Rook ran into a Tree and chopped it? Rip my sanity."

Foods can't heal him. "Wait that's like 80% of healing options... And like 110% of the good healing options."

Poop can now restore HP. "Oh that's neat." HEALS 2 HP... "Klei please... Can Rot at least heal him? No? Thanks..."

Compost Wrap, is a new healing item that can heal Wormwood. "Oh nice, well it's expensive, how much HP does it give?" HEALS 20 HP...

"Wait 20? The 5 Poop itself is 10 HP... Oh it also has a long animation? Thanks Klei... Another Bucket-o-Poop type item, where its never worth crafting."

Notices the Bucket Of Poop can be healed with, for a max of... 2 HP? "Wait... You can't even use a Bucket-o-Poop multiple times to heal..."

Seeds can be planted into crops. "Nice, +10 Sanity."

CAN RIP LIVING LOGS OFF SELF TO CREATE DARK SWORDS. "Really nice actually, gonna look forward to that in the Ruins."

Recommended changes:

1. Introduce +50% modifier for all healing items, making them more efficient. Spider Glands go from 8 HP, to 12 HP. Healing Salves from 20 HP to 30 HP. Honey Poultice goes from 30 to 45 HP. Any character cut off from healing foods is already a pain in the rear to heal, so since it's his ONLY method of healing, a buff would be nice.

2. Wormwood can heal with Rot. It's a fertilizer too, at least give him 1 HP per, so he can chug a stack of Lightbulbs for 40 HP like the rest of us. (Preferably 2 HP)

3. Buff Poop to 4 HP. The current 2 HP is such a small number, that it's just silly. It's a hard sell to go off the beat and path to grab 2 HP heals (from Beefalo and the like.) Going slightly off the beat and path to slap a Butterfly for 8 HP? Now that made sense. Buffing Poop to 4 HP (or more) COULD make it a Butterfly replacement in the minds of most players. At most, I'd put it at 5 HP.

4. Splumonkey/Prime Ape, poop tosses actually heal Wormwood. Let's not have a repeat of Wilbur people, Prime Apes are nice, but Splumonkies exist! Perks that work on Prime Apes should work on Splumonkies as well. (Tbh this point is less serious, I mostly want a Wilbur patch for friendly/helpful Splumonkies.) At very least, lets get rid of the Sanity drain on this attack, since Wormwood actually enjoys the stuff.

Great physical design and personality, adorable. Easily a new favorite character Klei, good job. 6.5/10

Edited by KCDA
  • Like 6

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

I like the new style, but I honestly think the old one was better. Still a fine update, though!

(But I can't get over the font, I really don't like it :( )

It'd be nice to have a toggle for it at least. Like Wigfrid's Umlauts. I like it currently, but I could see myself getting easily annoyed by it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I like the new style, but I honestly think the old one was better. Still a fine update, though!

(But I can't get over the font, I really don't like it :( )

Same! But I think default Wormwood head kill all. Tree horns looks amazing and small twig tail

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 2

I'll be honest, I am very sad about removing Warbucks. Even if he is not THAT balanced, I dreamed about playing as him (I am mostly playing DST right now, so I hadnt enough exp) because I really liked his design and concept, his character is a true spirit of Hamlet, all this treasure hunt, all these Indiana Jones vibes... Nhh, I am truly heartbroken right now, he is probably one of my fave-faves after Wilson and Maxwell.
I hope you'll bring him back someday, Klei. I haven't tried out new character - I still don't have enough exp - but he definitely looks cute and I believe you did a great job with him and will balance him even better in the future - but don't forget about Warbucks, please, ok? Even if we won't see him in an actual game anymore, I hope to see some more arts with him or something like this... 

Edited by KannaTC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7