[Game Update] - 307715

Jason

Just now, Rellimarual said:

How do we know the pig king in ROG is her father? I’m sure there’s been a long line of pig kings. 

...well it has been said that the Pig King in-game is the original Pig King that left somewhere for the Constant we know and tolerate.

Speaking of which, why isn't the Pig King also affected by the werepig curse?

5be8995568acc_realthought.png.902d718f7cf3aab156ee752b0cdf1b7d.png

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The Character Update is now live! This update focuses on making our new Hamlet characters more interesting for you to play, particularly when playing outside of the Hamlet world.

Someone know how to make treeguard as Wormwood?

21 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I think I have a decent knowledge of Wormwood now. Here it is:

Advantages:

• All of Hamlet's plants (Snaptooths, Elder Mandrakes, Hanging Vines) are neutral towards him. The only danger in the Jungle now is Spider Monkeys and Rabid Beetles.
  • He gains Sanity from planting things (5 Sanity from planting a Pine Cone, for example)
  • He has his own Crafting Tab.
  • He can EAT Manure (the word "Eat" is changed to "Fertilize") to refill health.
  • He has different stages (not sure how to get them, though)

Disadvantages:

• He loses Sanity from destroying plants (chopping trees, picking flowers, etc.)
  • Food doesn't refill health. No more Dragonpies for healing...

If anyone has found anything else, please let me know so I can edit this list.

• Gains sanity from replanting plants,
  • can plant seeds without farms
  • loses sanity when plants near him are detroyed (even if the damage is not caused by him)
  • Blooms in lush season (3 stages) gets faster walking and bigger huner drain during blooming,
  • attracts bees, spawns little plants around him when blooming,
  • immune to hayfever
  • bramble armor 51 AOE dmg
  • bramlbe trap 40 dmg
  • poisonbalm cures poison
  • gets sanity form picking dungpile
Edited by Parusoid

So wilba can turn into a werepig now, that's interesting but she only lose his ability to use tools and clothing and gains a lot of buffs.

i think wilba in werepig form have to be more wildness and just like the pigs she should look for a lot of food in this form and maybe during this form she can eat pig skin?

and Thanks for the update Klei Team! :D

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The Character Update is now live! This update focuses on making our new Hamlet characters more interesting for you to play, particularly when playing outside of the Hamlet world.

Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism. Also, all of pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of ROG will now recognize her as the king's daughter, and pay her tribute in the form of gifts.

We weren't very happy with how Warbucks was working out. While trying to find ways to make him work, we decided that he just wasn't as interesting as we would like, and so we've made the decision to start from scratch. You can still continue your Warbucks saves as his files will not be removed from the game, but he will no longer be in the official lineup of starting characters. 

Instead, we would like to introduce to you our new character, Wormwood! Who knows where this creature of nature came from, but he'll likely grow on you.

hamlet_characters.png

Thank you for playing, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

New features

• Added options for disabling the decorative vines and the canopy shadow in Hamlet for lower-end hardware.
  • Blooming Rainforest trees will drop burrs when chopped

Bug Fixes

• Webber's disguise will show up if put on the ground now.
  • Fixed random startup crash with blueprints in Hamlet compatible worlds.
  • Fixed assert when trying to launch the game with The Screecher mod enabled.
  • Lazy Forager doesn’t collect items off shelves anymore. Affected saves should be fixed
  • Bundling wrap now works with controller.
  • Zoomed inventory management (with controller) should now behave properly with shelves.
  • Fixed "Text not found" in recipe popups when not near needed prototyping machine.
  • Fixed an assert on load of some Hamlet compatible ShipWrecked worlds.
  • Burned crops just produce burnt seeds unless fully mature

View full update

Can we expect a revision for SW characters too? I think Woodlegs and Walani need a bit of love when not in SW

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Nebulaemon said:

Good riddance, colonizer grandpa. 

when was warbucks a colonizer?? he always seemed like those old explorers that would travel to the amazon and hunt and bring back trophies and such. bad people, sure, but he REALLY fit the theme and environment of hamlet

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

For those who want to create a new world with Warbucks, you can do it easily with the console at the main menu:

RETIRED_CHARACTERLIST = {}

Then go pick your world and he'll be there for you.

Thank you, hope devs keep this.