Jason

[Game Update] - 307715

4 Da LOLs    2,233
Just now, Maslak said:

Nope. Shipwrecked just reskinned the whole thing. I want an entirely new, different way to worldhop in Hamlet, so it's not just assemble the parts n' go for the 3rd time. Some time ago I've suggested using BFB for that, but it probably wouldn't work.

neat idea

AweDude    3
37 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We already changed the strings a long time ago. As I said previously, there was no outrage that this was in response to. It was a decision we made so we can make something new and interesting. 

What I was saying before with the gameplay was not to say that we would just bring the exact same gameplay back on a new character, but to mean that the gameplay people enjoyed about Warbucks. He was pretty lackluster, but there were aspects to him that people enjoyed and are upset to lose, so we are discussing what to do about that specifically. 

Isn't that the same with Walani? Her character and perks are both pretty lackluster. 

• Like 3

Smitty Inc.    226

can't believe I'm getting into this...

• Wormwood didn't replace Warbucks
  • Warbucks was removed because Klei didn't like him because his personality and lore was REALLY bland (take a look for yourself https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Warbucks_quotes)
  • Warbucks' perks weren't bad but they needed a lot more to them
  • Warbucks' art wasn't that great (put him next to Wilson and you will see)

Warbucks' removal was bond to happen his quotes didn't add anything to the character other then proving how much of a generic movie hunter/explorer dude he was. do I think it's sad to see all the hard work gone into him go, yes. do I think it's better that hes gone so a different character with a better personality can take his place, 100% (not talking about Wormwood). if I have learned anything from Klei its that they know what there doing when it comes to character personalities/lore and if they think it's better that hes gone so they can make a character with so much more, THEN LET THEM, your not the one making the game after all and a lot of us got the game for free.

now after playing Wormwood I have to say, Klei... please change some of his quotes so they aren't just "Friend?", even if its just changing the "?" to a "." or "!" other then that he as some good personality to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 Da LOLs    2,233
1 minute ago, Smitty Inc. said:

now after playing Wormwood I have to say, Klei... please change some of his quotes so they aren't just "Friend?", even if its just changing the "?" to a "." or "!" other then that he as some good personality to him.

a slight variety to what they say sounds nice i agree with that

ucw    459
43 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

How do I stop getting notifications from this fire?

I unfollowed this, and I'm still getting notified. 

It's the gift that keeps on giving!  I'm just here to see how long the "Warbucks War" continues to be strung along...

• Haha 1

4 Da LOLs    2,233

geez this whole thing was emotionally draing

can we at least keep his sweet battle cry for the next character?

that was my favorite part @JoeW

• Like 3

minespatch    60,790
11 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Rip in pepperonis Lara Croft's eccentric granduncle.

jo4700mu32c21.pngI like Quoth's idea of Warbucks being Wilson's uncle.:wilson_smile:

7 hours ago, Bleksmits said:

Now Wilba runs like mad fuzzball in full moon nights Thanks Klei!

On 2/5/2019 at 10:00 PM, minespatch said:

Yay! My poofywoofer princess is gonna run and do a woodie!

Called it.:wilson_sneaky:

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Nope. That is a character of me that Jeff drew back in 2012 - there is no history or lore as to what is being smoked in it or where it comes from. It's not even technically supposed to be smoke, I think it's supposed to be vapor, I never asked. 

When is Ethan Klein gonna interview you on the h3h3 podcast?:wilson_ecstatic:

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

How do I stop getting notifications from this fire?I unfollowed this, and I'm still getting notified. deepfried_1549765033254.png.83f117bba49b1c2cf515b9010b3e7e0f.png

5779f266439eb_arieltriesconsoling.png.626f7caa21a85e85e9258b57fc082330.png

Let me throw one for Joe again5b162e1a612d5_arielconsolejoe.png.f829543fa622c6d00cb379fa09724ff6.png

I should probably make one for Jason and hugo too....

• Like 4

4 Da LOLs    2,233

@JoeW sorry i was upset after considering my artistic tendiencys sorry for acting mad i was being one sided

thank you for being here

• Thanks 1

Warbucks    3,004

I just want to say that I don't think anybody really wanted Warbucks back because of how he played because how he played was nothing special.

The reasons people want him back are pretty clear and adding his playstyle on another character would just make that character nothing special too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lemonsnoot    263
5 hours ago, JoeW said:

I have already explained that earlier in the thread. I am not here to argue, only to explain our thinking on this decision. If you want to have a constructive discussion about the topic, then please do.

I’m normally just a lurker here, but I just wanna say i’m sorry that you have to take this abuse. I personally don’t really care for either side of the debate, but I support the devs in their decision making, and I trust them to do what they think will make the game good. Know that there are those of us that support you, even in this whole mess, either way. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marco BR    1,699
1 hour ago, Lemonsnoot said:

I’m normally just a lurker here, but I just wanna say i’m sorry that you have to take this abuse. I personally don’t really care for either side of the debate, but I support the devs in their decision making, and I trust them to do what they think will make the game good. Know that there are those of us that support you, even in this whole mess, either way. Cheers

I would also like to thank Klei and the developers, all their decisions have resulted in this incredible and wonderful game we have today, I am very happy for the warmth we are receiving on the consoles, and I know that it took a lot of effort and dedication from them, thanks to all developers that provide us with this incredible gaming experience, and always count on my support :wilson_love:

• Like 2

Donke60    3,084

i mean, he's been modded back in an has fanart

for now you can make him like an offical mod charzcter, that way he always lives in people's hearts

isn't that lovely
:purpleheart:

also I love old character so can we get another

just woodlegs and warly

Greatness for the Grays
wickerbottom sucks though

Izuku_Midoriya    187
16 hours ago, Smitty Inc. said:

THEN LET THEM, your not the one making the game after all and a lot of us got the game for free.

I paid for the game. I feel like I have a right to say what I would like out of the product i’ve Paid for.

Szczuku    9,044
1 hour ago, Izuku_Midoriya said:

I paid for the game. I feel like I have a right to say what I would like out of the product i’ve Paid for.

You've paid for EA so right now it's the other way around: devs will tell you what to expect from the product you've paid for.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

minespatch    60,790
22 minutes ago, Averagewx78main said:

lul that picture makes it look like wormwood is the father.

The update picture looks like that to you?:wilson_ecstatic:

Looks like DST needs a Maury or Jerry Springer so we an have some trolls picking on people about "YOU ARE THE FATHER". It'd be so memeable fast.

SpoonyBardIV    706
On 2/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, JoeW said:

We're going to have a new roadmap post coming up soon for Hamlet Early Access. 

Is it too much to ask how long you think we will have to wait for that? Because an official Roadmap sounds VERY interesting.

• Thanks 3

magia    129
50 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Is it too much to ask how long you think we will have to wait for that? Because an official Roadmap sounds VERY interesting.

there was no ™ next to soon, so probably not that long.

Roosev    967
1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Ah ****... can't wait for the Aporkalypse additions!

pls klei

JimmyJam    1,302

So in the lore of the game is Warbucks dead or is he cut 100% :D Just need to know for my fanfic :D It would be pretty cool if they killed him off in the lore of the game lmao but im guessing he has been retconned.

JimmyJam    1,302
21 minutes ago, Roosev said:

Who's Warbucks?

I've only ever heard of Wormwood...

That Warbucks guy sounds like a pretty nice fellow...

giphy.gif.95e0bda969d137529e6812cb3877e38d.gif

The Gif is from a movie called Matilda. Their last name is Wormwood! Its the first thing that came into my head when i first saw Wormwood :p

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

So in the lore of the game is Warbucks dead or is he cut 100% :D Just need to know for my fanfic :D It would be pretty cool if they killed him off in the lore of the game lmao but im guessing he has been retconned.

He's 100% retconned.