Jason

[Game Update] - 307715

Recommended Posts

maradyne    4,908
1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I meant it as both a joke and a literal reality...

Some Media right now gets snapped away because people stopped trusting it after they took pewdiepie out of context...

Man...this.
I miss when fun wasn't so regulated.

 

Resette best put into words what I feel toward this situation in another thread. Feels like humanity's just backed itself into a stressful corner lately.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bluegeist    1,356

The character begets the gameplay, there's only so much you can do with a great white hunter/colonist stereotype. There are more options for a ruins exploration character that is not what Warbucks is.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SandvichSpy    334
1 hour ago, JoeW said:

In terms of the perfromance issues, we're working on that and will soon have a roadmap on what we expect to have done before we finish early access. 

Is putting the teleportato or any other form of world-jumping in Hamlet on that roadmap? And if so, would such a feature be able to be retrofitted on pre-existing Hamlet worlds?

Edited by SandvichSpy
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,984
Just now, Izuku_Midoriya said:

Yeah, like his entire personality and character.

Not trying to start stuff, but you're just kind of sitting here repeating yourself.

He is gone, the whole team agreed it's for the better, the best we can hope for is that the new character is gonna be just as good! Positive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeW said:

We already changed the strings a long time ago. As I said previously, there was no outrage that this was in response to. It was a decision we made so we can make something new and interesting. 

What I was saying before with the gameplay was not to say that we would just bring the exact same gameplay back on a new character, but to mean that the gameplay people enjoyed about Warbucks. He was pretty lackluster, but there were aspects to him that people enjoyed and are upset to lose, so we are discussing what to do about that specifically. 

Now, correct me if I'm wrong... but are you saying... that you're at least considering bringing Warbucks back? Even if he's going to get a changed personality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Izuku_Midoriya    187
2 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Not trying to start stuff, but you're just kind of sitting here repeating yourself.

He is gone, the whole team agreed it's for the better, the best we can hope for is that the new character is gonna be just as good! Positive.

I’m sitting here repeating myself because no one seems to understand how crazy it is that the a character that vast majority either liked or were neutral towards got uncerimoniously gutted because the devs are out of touch with their player base  

Edited by Izuku_Midoriya
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,984
2 minutes ago, SkylordElberich said:

Now, correct me if I'm wrong... but are you saying... that you're at least considering bringing Warbucks back? Even if he's going to get a changed personality?

He just said on page 15 the character is not coming back but the perks might.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

He just said on page 15 the character is not coming back but the perks might.

Damn, shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dissentist    42
13 minutes ago, CaribbeanIguana said:

I thought the whole issue was that the gameplay wasn't creative enough. If I cared about how each character played first and foremost I'd just play WX/Wicker/Wolfgang. But I don't, so I play as the cool pirate (despite the fact that he's awful outside of SW) and the bad guy from Jumanji (despite the fact that his perks were meager) because I liked their personalities more than the other characters' personalities.

I don't know, removing him entirely instead of just changing his perks like you guys did with Warly and rewriting some of his lines doesn't seem right. How many "it's a...thing"s do you guys change from patch to patch? Just pretend the lines that use the word "savages" or reference the East India Trading company are placeholders like that.

To be fair they have been completely contradicting themselves on this all weekend, basically up until this morning when the official line changed to a firm "we're not bringing him back period", almost as if they're challenging their fan base to be pissed.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,852

How do I stop getting notifications from this fire?

I unfollowed this, and I'm still getting notified. 

deepfried_1549765033254.png.83f117bba49b1c2cf515b9010b3e7e0f.png

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maslak    4,235
11 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

Is putting the teleportato or any other form of world-jumping in Hamlet on that roadmap? And if so, would such a feature be able to be retrofitted on pre-existing Hamlet worlds?

I hope it won't be teleportato but something way different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
voyager156    357

Warbucks was a fun character with perks that were bland and required some change to make them more interesting.

Wormwood is a unique character very different from the others. He is a bit harder too (he can't heal from food). And I must say I really, really like him! Is he better than Warbucks? Definitely!

But Warbucks was already made. Someone put work in this character. Those graphics/ code/ lines didn't make themselves. So it's illogical in my opinion to delete him... Why just not rework his perks?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 Da LOLs    2,249
Just now, Maslak said:

I hope it won't be teleportato but something way different

like how they were island themed for shipwrecked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dissentist said:

To be fair they have been completely contradicting themselves on this all weekend, basically up until this morning when the official line changed to a firm "we're not bringing him back period", almost as if they're challenging their fan base to be pissed.

 

You do have a point. The fans are saying what they want, and they're really not asking much, but Klei are refusing to give it to them, and although their hearts seem to be in the right place, it's possibly the worst thing they could do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,984
Just now, voyager156 said:

Why just not rework his perks?

Because they said the perks weren't what caused his removal and that they might bring back the perks for a different character, slightly changed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 Da LOLs    2,249
1 minute ago, voyager156 said:

Warbucks was a fun character with perks that were bland and required some change to make them more interesting.

Wormwood is a unique character very different from the others. He is a bit harder too (he can't heal from food). And I must say I really, really like him! Is he better than Warbucks? Definitely!

But Warbucks was already made. Someone put work in this character. Those graphics/ code/ lines didn't make themselves. So it's illogical in my opinion to delete him... Why just not rework his perks?

it wasnt just the perks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,453
3 minutes ago, dissentist said:

To be fair they have been completely contradicting themselves on this all weekend, basically up until this morning when the official line changed to a firm "we're not bringing him back period", almost as if they're challenging their fan base to be pissed.

Him not coming back seemed to have been the case from the start. The wording in the OP was just confusing so people were unsure if "starting from scratch" meant a rework, or Wormwood had taken his place.

This was later clarified. Don't misunderstand.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
voyager156    357
3 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Because they said the perks weren't what caused his removal and that they might bring back the perks for a different character, slightly changed.

 

3 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

it wasnt just the perks...

I know it wasn't just the perks. That's why I wrote:

"But Warbucks was already made. Someone put work in this character. Those graphics/ code/ lines didn't make themselves. So it's illogical in my opinion to delete him... Why just not rework his perks?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 Da LOLs    2,249
1 minute ago, voyager156 said:

Why just not rework his perks?"

it sounded like you only ment the perks sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,852
6 minutes ago, voyager156 said:

But Warbucks was already made. Someone put work in this character. Those graphics/ code/ lines didn't make themselves. So it's illogical in my opinion to delete him... Why just not rework his perks?

Because they don't wanna dive into sunk cost fallacy?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maslak    4,235
19 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

like how they were island themed for shipwrecked?

Nope. Shipwrecked just reskinned the whole thing. I want an entirely new, different way to worldhop in Hamlet, so it's not just assemble the parts n' go for the 3rd time. Some time ago I've suggested using BFB for that, but it probably wouldn't work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
voyager156    357
11 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Because they don't wanna dive into sunk cost fallacy?

It's an interesting argument. But keep in mind that most people liked him/ were neutral towards him. It's not like he was hated by majority of players...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.