Jason

[Game Update] - 307715

watermelen671    14,923
5 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Rip in pepperonis Lara Croft's eccentric granduncle.

*Gruncle.

Also we've now progressed into the memeing stage of the five stages of outrage.

Spoiler

Somebody please just nuke this section of the forums before it becomes terminal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Izuku_Midoriya    187
5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

a roadmap on what we expect to have done before we finish early access. 

Is putting back warbucks anywhere on there? General consensus here is that most people want him back or simply don't care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SinancoTheBest    1,288
14 hours ago, JoeW said:

We'll all be talking about this together Monday for sure. =) 

I sincerely hope that the first motion on your Monday meeting will be to discuss Warbucks' return to the game in an uninterrupted moderated caucus for two hours, individual speaker time being 1.5 minutes. It's never too late to go back on a terrible decision. You can do it Klei, just let some basic sense into your veins. 

• Like 2

dissentist    42
11 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I sincerely hope that the first motion on your Monday meeting will be to discuss Warbucks' return to the game in an uninterrupted moderated caucus for two hours, individual speaker time being 1.5 minutes. It's never too late to go back on a terrible decision. You can do it Klei, just let some basic sense into your veins. 

It's fairly obvious at this point they're currently attempting to prove that they don't and won't be listening to the fans, at least according to mod/dev comments this weekend.

Hopefully when they "meet to talk about it" one of the speakers at least holds up a printout of literally any poll results on this.

• Like 2

SinancoTheBest    1,288
4 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We could bring back the gameplay, perhaps. But not the character. 

and is there a solid, transparent reason you can provide for this decision, that doesn't reek of hypocrisy or secrecy? What's wrong with this character that isn't wrong with the other collective 18 characters in the official DS universe? Apparently nothing about the gameplay unlike what is claimed in the very first post of this thread if you are considering to reintroduce the gameplay but not the character himself.

• Like 2

Bluegeist    1,390
24 minutes ago, JoeW said:

That's what I was hoping for. I think the game still needs a character that specializes in ruins exploration, but does it a lot better.

• Like 2

Izuku_Midoriya    187
3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Nope. That is a character of me that Jeff drew back in 2012 - there is no history or lore as to what is being smoked in it or where it comes from. It's not even technically supposed to be smoke, I think it's supposed to be vapor, I never asked. 

So you’re gonna claim that character draws no aesthetic elements from the age of imperialism? Like the rest of the entire DLC? What is your problem with the character if you’ve caved and admitted the gameplay can make a comeback?

• Thanks 3

ucw    463
43 minutes ago, JoeW said:

It would be great to have a character whose perks include exploration right away, especially of the ruins (which is so fun.)  Thanks.  

• Like 3

Izuku_Midoriya    187
16 minutes ago, ucw said:

It would be great to have a character whose perks include exploration right away, especially of the ruins (which is so fun.)  Thanks.  

That's literally what Warbucks was...

• Like 2

maradyne    4,923

Eh, to many, his character was interesting as well. If we weren't to get that back, mechanics resembling what little he had would probably just cause another upset over the new character not being him. Doesn't seem like explorer or ruins-focused characters should be considered again, as nice of an idea as it was; he got removed, and now confirmation bias is something to consider. Bring any part of him back and one side or the other will backlash, depending on how he's presented.
Better to just forget England exists in regard to DS/DST now that it's come to this, TBH. Wouldn't want to bring this fiasco back, and it's open season now, regardless of the reasons the final decision was made. This game's been exposed to politics now.

Makes any possible plans for Maxwell backstory inconvenient, though.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
  • Thanks 1

dissentist    42
22 minutes ago, ucw said:

I'm afraid this is an unacceptable appropriation of ancient cultures, and thus cannot be allowed.

The best part is where Joe says his pipe in his avatar is vaping despite being designed based upon an english caricature that predates vaping by literally hundreds of years, he's trolling at this point, and badly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

maradyne    4,923
10 minutes ago, dissentist said:

I'm afraid this is an unacceptable appropriation of ancient cultures, and thus cannot be allowed.

The best part is where Joe says his pipe in his avatar is vaping despite being designed based upon an english caricature that predates vaping by literally hundreds of years, he's trolling at this point, and badly.

I'd say it's moreso that Klei hasn't had to watch their words so carefully in the past. This is the only time I can recall politics affecting the forum this heavily.

4 Da LOLs    2,259
3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I say it's good that the removed him because Wall Street Journal could take him out of context.

i dont think they care if they were removed to get a cheap scoop

__IvoCZE__    6,269
Just now, 4 Da LOLs said:

i dont think they care if they were removed to get a cheap scoop

I meant it as both a joke and a literal reality...

Some Media right now gets snapped away because people stopped trusting it after they took pewdiepie out of context...

4 Da LOLs    2,259
Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

I meant it as both a joke and a literal reality...

Some Media right now gets snapped away because people stopped trusting it after they took pewdiepie out of context...

i was kinda too lol

-Variant    4,997

Stepping into the murky water here, and really, really off topic. 
But It'd be nice to know what's gonna happen to the Snapdragons. 
I'm feeling it's the same story with the Crabapples. But still. 

Also while I'm sad Warbucks has gone missing, I will say I do respect the team's decision. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1