Jason

[Game Update] - 307715

magia    129
1 minute ago, Izuku_Midoriya said:

You can’t go to ruins and effectively harvest relics and gold right off the bat. Hamlet leaves a lot of grinding for uninteresting stuff playing as any other character. Warbucks starting with a bit of explorer’s gear meant you could skip that bell curve a bit and let me experience more of the DLC faster. 

With the new Wilba you can storm ruins day one/two. If you pick up enough food in advance you won't starve doing that. Can't chisel stuff but you can smash pots, also the best loot is in the hidden rooms anyways.

Were it not for the Community Standards Policy and Etiquette, I would've sworn up a storm by now.

Edited by SkylordElberich
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, JoeW said:

It absolutely is. 

Frankly what we learned from this is that the characters really can be made a lot more interesting than they have been. This is part of our big QOL push across multiple games.

I am so sorry that all of this is happening Klei, it is saddening that a decision made for the betterment of the game and its community has been ransacked by people with certain agendas to push. This is your game, your creative vision, and I can wholeheartedly say that you have never ever let us down in any of the stunning games you gave us over the past years. Sometimes taking players' suggestions is good and all, but in the end it is the game you want to create first and foremost. All this backlash is uncivilized, childish, and not at all what I think this community represents. There is room for discussion, always, but not like this.

• Like 1

watermelen671    14,915
2 minutes ago, SkylordElberich said:

I’m going to sleep now. Hopefully things are better in the morning... but I doubt it.

Oh my god I'm slow. :wilson_facepalm:

I just realized your signature.

5c311e9322ff6_thankyouklei.png.bb9d425aad67c22e6584be3a2973404e.png

Izuku_Midoriya    187
1 minute ago, Rellimarual said:

Really gotta wonder how many of the people claiming to love Warbucks so much now would be so triggered by this if it weren’t for the totally imaginary SJWs they convinced themselves were behind his removal. Congrats on being totally offended by nothing. You are the true snowflakes.

I genuinely liked the character. I’m mad at the removal for whatever the reason. “You guys are the TRUE snowflakes” isn’t an argument. You can’t be offended for a baseless reason and then mock people who are upset for a legitimate reason.

• Haha 1

watermelen671    14,915
2 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

SJWs snowflakes.

Dear sweet mother of Meep don't bring those terms up in my good Duplicant Forums.

Seriously, I feel like Joe's just gonna end up nuking these forums if this keeps up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Izuku_Midoriya    187
1 minute ago, JoeW said:

Please keep the conversation polite and without personal attacks. Thanks. 

Can you please clarify when you said wormwood was OBJECTIVELY better? That seems very opinionated and out of touch.

• Like 4

Izuku_Midoriya    187
Just now, JoeW said:

You're right, maybe I should have chosen better words. From a design perspective he is a better character. More varied, interesting and unique. Whether you like him better or not was not the intention of the statement, only the design.

A plant is more interesting, yes, but in his current state I don’t find him very fun. The values for his healing and damage seem imbalanced and his interactions with snaptooths seems unpolished.

however, I think removing him would be ridiculous because while the creative process is challenging, giving up on a released character and throwing him to the trash seems incredibly wasteful and stupid. It would have been a lot more respectful to the community to ask us whether or not we wanted him gone. I’ve seen a lot more support for his inclusion or neutrality than I have seen people who are glad he’s gone.

• Like 1

Zeklo    17,455
5 minutes ago, Izuku_Midoriya said:

... and his interactions with snaptooths seems unpolished.

What's wrong with the snaptooth interactions? A recent update should've fixed them attacking Wormwood while holding veggies.

They only do so with meat, that's all.

• Like 1

Izuku_Midoriya    187
Just now, Zeklo said:

What's wrong with the snaptooth interactions? A recent update should've fixed them attacking Wormwood while holding veggies.

They only do so with meat, that's all.

They just feel very uninspired and kind of useless, especially since people complained warbucks was flawed because he was only useful in hamlet when the only aggressive plants that are super common are in hamlet

Warbucks    3,061

ripwarbucksforrealnow.thumb.png.509ae8138555c8907e88b139220ff952.png

warbucks is gone

Edited by SuperDavid
warbucks is gone
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Zeklo    17,455
Just now, Izuku_Midoriya said:

They just feel very uninspired and kind of useless, especially since people complained warbucks was flawed because he was only useful in hamlet when the only aggressive plants that are super common are in hamlet

I find it more like the cherry on top. More so for his theme than anything else. It's somewhat useful when gathering nettle I guess, but yeah nothing too special. Though I think that's fine. Wormwood already has a lot of other stuff going for him.

watermelen671    14,915
52 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Please keep the conversation polite and without personal attacks. Thanks. 

I'm not up to date on that - but I will pass on the feedback to Jason. 

dang.png.420cd79953b90ffa712e75397e6dd508.png all I had to do was mention Joe and he smote people back into order (hopefully).

I think he nicked the same neural network @nome uses for potato cups.

Spoiler

Also I did it. I made Warbucks look like all the other DS characters!

5c5fb079dbca9_PCWarbucks_000.png.a2afa0b66b1f0aac43918aceb8592c90.png

Is he better now guys?

• Haha 1

watermelen671    14,915
2 minutes ago, SDragonhead said:

Video games are hard

Then turn down the difficulty

Spoiler

I'm sorry I should just show myself out now...

• Haha 3