sorrybro    3

Platform 

Nintendo Switch

Mods

None

Version

Ver 1.0.4

Issue title

Ruins seasons change and a problem with hounds.

Steps to reproduce

Enter the ruins 

Described issue

The switch version of Don't Starve had a plenty of gamebreaking glitches that were fixed, but there are still some. First one is another season change glitch. I entered the ruins and the game kinda crashed. Like the screen was frozen and some weird sounds were playing in loop. I entered the ruins in Autumn and ended up being in Spring. I tried this twice and it happened the same. That's how right now I am at day 150 and I only had 1 winter so far. Another glitch is about hound waves. Day 150 and only one hound spawns per wave. I am unable to get gems, meat and teeth.

Overall the season change glitch is the worst. I want to clear ruins in autumn but I always end up in spring. I also don't have eyebrella, which is a necessary thing in spring and summer, because deerclops didn't spawn at winter. This glitch ruins my experience and is not pleasant. Sometimes I feel like deleting the game. Hope it gets fixed soon :(

Edited by sorrybro

OmegaZed    1

I am also a victim of this glitch. I remember how dedicated Klei was during the beta to fix all manner of bugs presented, and after release. I thought that they were doing a really great job responding to issues and polishing this game as much as possible. But this one has been going on for too long. I bought Don't Starve on my Switch immediately upon purchase of the Switch, as it is definitely a game I would consider a "must buy". I experienced this issue upon first entering the ruins, and thought "ah, that's weird that it's spring after a crash, I wonder if others have had this issue?" Lo and behold, it has been going on for the Switch release for a while now, claiming to have been fixed at one point, but still being an issue. Now multiple  bug threads on it have been left without response for months now even through updates. I just want to be able to go to the Ruins on my switch without resetting my season to Spring when I had just made it through Summer.

Please Klei, this needs to be addressed. It is a serious issue, and I remember you all as better than leaving a bug this big by the wayside.

• Thanks 1