Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

-Variant    2,795

Howdy youdy dowdy! I'm here to present to you all a little project I'm working on! 

Currently I'm calling it: The Living Forest.
It's a mod pack that I plan to have add at least 13 different characters that are all based on DS's trees! A rather odd pick, I'll agree there, but a unique one, I feel.
I currently have 1 character almost finished and in public testing, and that one happens to be the Mushtree.
In this thread, I'll continue to post concepts and updates for all the characters as they come along in progress!
I decided to move here to the forums to soak up some interest. Figured while I worked I could see what you all had in mind, perk wise and new content wise! 

With that said, I'm excited to share this with everyone. Link to the mod is here! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1645224781&searchtext=
And those concepts I mentioned are in the spoilers!

SW Trees: 

Spoiler

grootthemangroove.thumb.JPG.5b42a8589ee2e617e7c09825e562b130.JPGPamthePalm.thumb.JPG.a634147bda38088cdb095c6929afb9ff.JPG

Hamlet Trees: 

Spoiler

newtubby.thumb.JPG.dc4dae5b2e24c07dc4a139670dc85da1.JPGnewpalmclew.thumb.JPG.87c72342641c1f5cedf8d08045622304.JPG

DST Trees: 

Spoiler

swig.thumb.JPG.0cf3e2527ff4788fde0a7ba482289aab.JPGsugharrconcpet.thumb.JPG.caed10c0cc94b18da97cee6b616442cd.JPGMargetheMarble.thumb.JPG.32f06e4abcd440993f5da73d663489d5.JPGshroomie.thumb.png.fd175a572ec1484688de27cb2ce7c8bf.pngpetethepetrified.thumb.JPG.f2e627b2310cae68ba8f993e6061a466.JPGbitchconcept.thumb.JPG.7a8d5433b839382496e661ab13ac357f.JPGdipper.thumb.JPG.8a4e9bbde4eeee6ea2846f9875eedcf7.JPG

Thanks for lookin'. ;D                                                             (P.S None of this is finished! Stare at with a grain of salt!)

-Variant    2,795
8 hours ago, VinegarJudge said:

The tree people, they have come to photosynthesize

Judge, did you make a forum account to say this? Judge, you make me proud.

-Variant    2,795
Spoiler

congratsangel.PNG.b7fae9b60d4a71d2e1773604f4038ddc.PNG

Whoo! Front page! How exciting! Now these means I gotta hurry up with these characters, oh boy! 

thomas4845    33

are they characters or new npcs in the game either way i support this mod

it's unique and beautiful look is just amazing but i think that the eyes should differ a bit 

-Variant    2,795
On 2/7/2019 at 9:44 AM, thomas4845 said:

are they characters or new npcs in the game either way i support this mod

it's unique and beautiful look is just amazing but i think that the eyes should differ a bit 

They are characters! Thanks for the support!

I call them concepts because they aren't 100% finished. They will all have unique faces. (Not including Pine tree and Petrified tree.)

Speaking of Petrified tree... He won the recent vote! And is currently being added as a playable character into the mod now!

Spoiler

pete.thumb.JPG.d2295094dea5a3dc4c62f82d6df7ba7f.JPG

thomas4845    33

the new character worm wood has come out . i think you should take some inspiration from him , make your character s even better

it's hard to make character interesting and fun

-Variant    2,795
4 hours ago, thomas4845 said:

the new character worm wood has come out . i think you should take some inspiration from him , make your character s even better

it's hard to make character interesting and fun

Right, I did plan on porting his animations over at least. Or I'd like to. But I'd also like to note that the mod isn't finished and this applies to the characters. I have amazing stuff planned for most of them, such as Wycelium changing mushtree forms during different seasons and producing spores.
All in all, I agree and feel like some of my characters could use Wormwood's amazing perks.
Also, when a new character is released, they spawn with placeholder items that will later turn into their perks. Wycelium has the mushhat and spores for example.

I also hope to port over the DLC's trees, but not sure how to go about all that.

thomas4845    33
5 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Right, I did plan on porting his animations over at least. Or I'd like to. But I'd also like to note that the mod isn't finished and this applies to the characters. I have amazing stuff planned for most of them, such as Wycelium changing mushtree forms during different seasons and producing spores.
All in all, I agree and feel like some of my characters could use Wormwood's amazing perks.
Also, when a new character is released, they spawn with placeholder items that will later turn into their perks. Wycelium has the mushhat and spores for example.

I also hope to port over the DLC's trees, but not sure how to go about all that.

can't wait , also little thing i think would be awesome would be if the character based of trees would have seasonal changes ; i think just minor changes such as scale and speed

-Variant    2,795
2 hours ago, thomas4845 said:

can't wait , also little thing i think would be awesome would be if the character based of trees would have seasonal changes ; i think just minor changes such as scale and speed

To save on work load, I think the only trees that will change in the seasons (And the only ones that can, I think.) are going to be the Mushtree and the Birch tree. 

Mushtree will change forms during the different seasons.

-Variant    2,795

A new unfinished playable character has been thrown into the public! Tate the Tea Tree from Hamlet! 

Spoiler

Certainly was a pain, but hopefully she's worth it until the rest come out. Huehue.

Spoiler

nighttimefollies.thumb.JPG.1b3e4033c0ba7e56896d26424cf2c525.JPGgoodjob.thumb.JPG.dbd978f9fe24d78876ccb5a625f8619d.JPG

-Variant    2,795

New updidly update! 

Introducing Whitewuv the Sugar tree! 
Currently there's 4 playable characters now! How exciting! None of them are "finished" but are at the least stable currently, so I hope it's worth it.

Spoiler

famm.thumb.JPG.30433d1426c3f960e64dd9c6a3b3803f.JPG

-Variant    2,795

Let's end Valentine's day with a new character coming soon. Soon here, Wubby the Tuber Tree will be a playable character, and will have poison based attacks later on down in the future. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5ec2ba6957bd4fe25d12c9b6e5b51a4c.png

-Variant    2,795
5 hours ago, minespatch said:

OHHHHHHHHH This is the mod you were working on.

@DragonMage156 , here's the thread.

bitchconcept.thumb.JPG.7a8d5433b83938249

@Szczuku

Hyah, yes, yes, this is the one. I haven't been working on it lately due to current issues, so I hope to return to it sometime soon... 

Funnily enough, while working on the concept for Birch Tree (It's not finished.) I had Szczuku in my head the whole time. I keep seeing them around here.

-Variant    2,795
2 hours ago, FlameyTheRandom said:

This is epic owo

I hope it will be great when it's gonna be made in 100% (sorry for bad grammar, I'm more polish than english .w.)

I understood you perfectly. I hope it'll be worth the wait when I finish it, too.