Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Kimoshnikov

Approaching Beefalo Crash

Kimoshnikov    0

Day 181, I was normally able to approach beefalo just fine. I initially thought this was a rain+umbrella crash, but anytime I approach beefalo (or perhaps their manure?) My game crashes, reliably.

The log should be attached.

Windows 8.1 64-bit.  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

log.txt

Kimoshnikov    0

I also created a new world, spring only, with lots of beefalo in-heat... and got no crash. Not sure what's going on here.

bizziboi    1,769

Based on the log it looks like the game crashes to desktop? Is that the case?

If it's pretty reproducable, could you save the game to before where it usually crashes (if that is doable) and go to Main Menu>Options>Report bug - mention issue and saveslot (and where I should walk), it'll upload your savegame for me to try to reproduce it - this one is new to me.

bizziboi    1,769

Thanks, I'll take a look. Not much you can do from here, but if I need more input or find something I'll circle back.

Edited: I just loaded your savegame (slot 1) into the version as it is on Steam and immediately (without doing anything else) walked to the right and a bit up, approaching the beefalo herd there without issue, does it crash consistently for you? Hmmmm, I have to ponder how to approach this.

Kimoshnikov    0

3 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Thanks, I'll take a look. Not much you can do from here, but if I need more input or find something I'll circle back.

Edited: I just loaded your savegame (slot 1) into the version as it is on Steam and immediately (without doing anything else) walked to the right and a bit up, approaching the beefalo herd there without issue, does it crash consistently for you? Hmmmm, I have to ponder how to approach this.

The issue is happening again, from the save file, do exactly this:  Click on tent to sleep, then travel to the right. 

Sleeping in the tent appears to be the difference between it crashing and not

bizziboi    1,769

Nice - well, okay, not nice but...indeed that causes it to crash indeed. Thanks, diving into it.

Thanks for helping to repro!