Slime Geyser

11 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I had made a complaint about puft slime production back when ranching MK1 first came out but the devs ignored me

rather than focus on slime production I look at what slime is used for and look for alternatives

Examples:

Problem 1, Mushroom fertilizing > solution, don't count on using mushrooms for late game when swamp biomes run out

Problem 2, Algae production > solution, reduce the need for algae or don't use it at all 

I take similar measures in my colonies.  The problem, though, is that such measures are player-side stopgaps and not developer-side solutions.  Take pacu.  A new player might not realize that feeding them is a horrible endeavor.  The developers shouldn't want such noob traps in their game.  They can address this particular noob trap by either increasing our capacity to produce slime and/or algae or reducing pacu algae consumption.  We can use stopgaps for the time being, but we should take every opportunity we can during this Early Access period to remind the developers of oversights on their part.

7 hours ago, Neotuck said:

The thing with pacu is you only need algae to increase popluation.  Once you have enough pacus you never have to feed them again

But it really is a noob trap tho. I just started dealing with ranching and started to make a Pacu farm and wasn't aware that they simply destroy Algae supplies. Found this topic for instance because I was searching for a way to deal with that. But with that in mind, not every player is willing to go to forums to look for answers. So it would be wise to address situations like this. x)

Just now, TupiniWitch said:

But it really is a noob trap tho. I just started dealing with ranching and started to make a Pacu farm and wasn't aware that they simply destroy Algae supplies. Found this topic for instance because I was searching for a way to deal with that. But with that in mind, not every player is willing to go to forums to look for answers. So it would be wise to address situations like this. x)

a fair point, personally I didn't touch pacus when they were first added to the game, found they were more useful when kept wild

On 2/5/2019 at 4:28 AM, kevork said:

Feed pufts with  polluted O2 and have unlimited slime. Here is my PO2 generator next to a puft farm, only requires PH2o.

5c5957011fc0b_Screenshotfrom2019-02-0519-50-45.png.16ef317be07dec2458e846bfdd84ad0f.png

I already farm puffs. Needing or not needing slime has nothing to do with the suggestion and isn't the point of the thread.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:16 AM, TupiniWitch said:

Well, but you are rewarded by the feeling that you are smart when you realize it's a trap. That's what ONI is about, isn't it ;)

On 2/6/2019 at 6:18 AM, Neotuck said:

a fair point, personally I didn't touch pacus when they were first added to the game, found they were more useful when kept wild

Not sure if it's still working, but if you give the pacus 1-2 kg of algae a day they produce 2 eggs insted of 1.

Archived